Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Knex. wrote: »
    Glad he didn't stick with the whole, "what bite?", Monty Pythonesque defence.

The dead parrott sketch springs to mind.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Hmm that's the weirdest apology I've seen. Apologies for the physical result of a bite in a collision with me!

Not " sorry giorgio I tried to bite a lump out of you and it was wrong."

Not sure if that's a Fr.Jack style apology or him actually being sincere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hmm that's the weirdest apology I've seen. Apologies for the physical result of a bite in a collision with me!

Not " sorry giorgio I tried to bite a lump out of you and it was wrong."

Not sure if that's a Fr.Jack style apology or him actually being sincere!

Said it in the other thread, but reading it again and the bullet points are making me laugh.

Its like he was told, "Here, Luis, you have three things you need to address in this apology", and he got to the end of his statement and realised he hadn't done any of them, so just lobbed in the bullet point list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's clearly an apology that he doesn't want to make, but is being forced to. Pick your reason why:

a) He's going to Barcelona, and this is one of their conditions
    b) He's been told that apologising will help his appeal succeed
    c) he doesn't want to lose any more sponsors
    d) Liverpool are finally laying down the law

Sadly I think the answer may be a).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

"As a result of gravity and the unfortunate positioning of my large teeth, I found myself in a position which indeed appeared to be bite-like..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

It's clearly an apology that he doesn't want to make, but is being forced to. Pick your reason why:

e) none of the above

Has to be an option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would Barcelona have a condition of him apologising before signing?
    Makes no sense to me as the incident is nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Replace Liverpool with his Mrs. Then the answer is all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

It wouldn't jive with their more than a club shtick. I'd say the rumours are 100% accurate tbh.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

It said so on Twitter so it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Més que un club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

because they're pure and holy, you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Suspect he may move to Barcelona and the club ban will be rescinded/shortened after the deal is completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Less negative publicity if they sign him after an apology.

There was reports from a few days ago that Barca would only sign him if he apologised.

He may have apologised regardless upon the request of Liverpool/Sponsors, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I do get a touch of Robbie Keanes off Suarez when it comes to clubs he supported and wants to join because it was his childhood club and dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The circus continues, just moved to another town down the road.

Don't see any apology towards Liverpool. Clearly had no hand in writing that apology in any case.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if certain people around the situation are getting advised by people within FIFA who are mildly sympathetic towards the extremity of the ban and have told them to 'organise' an apology in light of an appeal.

daithijjj wrote: »
    The circus continues, just moved to another town down the road.

Don't see any apology towards Liverpool. Clearly had no hand in writing that apology in any case.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if certain people around the situation are getting advised by people within FIFA who are mildly sympathetic towards the extremity of the ban and have told them to 'organise' an apology in light of an appeal.

I have no doubt this is in preparation for an appeal.

I'd love to know who rubber stamped his initial "defense".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think he's received bad advice from the Uruguay camp that are probably going to appeal and hope to have his ban reduced.

Think they made him submit that ridiculous "lost my balance" defence had he been advised by Liverpool.

I am pie wrote: »
    "As a result of gravity and the unfortunate positioning of my large teeth, I found myself in a position which indeed appeared to be bite-like..."

The more I read it, the weirder it gets. If you don't take the first part of the apology as sincere, and say its not just corporate/legal jargon, then his whole promising it will never happen again this is bizarre.

You can't vow against accidents. That's why they're accidents. So by extension, he knew exactly what he was doing when he bit him. Now, this is something we all knew anyways. But it means if the first part of his statement isn't sincere, then he's contradicted his own take on the incident in the latter.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mah boi, Griezmann the difference maker. If not Sanchez, it has to be him we sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I have no doubt this is in preparation for an appeal.

I'd love to know who rubber stamped his initial "defense".

Everyone around him, including himself. There was a world cup to play in. Now there is nothing to do, but everything to attempt reduction in ban.

Its historical that an apology and admittance of guilt is only way to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

He would be a huge loss and no guarantee that the replacement players you buy will be as good. Sponsors were not going to be happy. The addidas poster of Suarez with his mouth ajar has become an embarrassment for them. Barcelona might be hoping they can knock 20 million off his price after this incident. However Liverpool should hold tough again. He is too good a player to allow to leave. He may want to leave but he also wanted to leave last year. A good campaign in the Champions league with Liverpool and he might be happy to stay on again.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Everyone around him, including himself. There was a world cup to play in. Now there is nothing to do, but everything to attempt reduction in ban.

Its historical that an apology and admittance of guilt is only way to do that.

Yeah, all true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Chiellinis twitter...

@chiellini: .@luis16suarez It's all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

So he's off to Barcelona, lets get spending. We were lucky to have him for as long as we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So he's off to Barcelona, lets get spending. We were lucky to have him for as long as we did.

Agree with the Sanchez-comes-the-other-way or no thanks. That or they pay every penny of the release clause (assuming it's astronomical - was there ever any official confirmation on what it was?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Apology accepted Luis - come home soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    Chiellinis twitter...

@chiellini: .@luis16suarez It's all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.

Himself and Ivanovic have been far more sound than Luis had any right to expect them to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Time to do your bit FIFA.

...unless he leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

It more points to the fact thats its a misdemeanor and has been completely blown out of proportion by the drama queens of this world

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Himself and Ivanovic have been far more sound than Luis had any right to expect them to be.

True but I guess neither were actually properly injured either.

They did well not to hook him though, I would have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Time to do your bit FIFA.

Wouldn't hold your breath for that, Robben admitted to cheating today, and FIFA said they wouldn't do anything. It's nice for them that they can pick and choose which rules they enforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wouldn't hold your breath for that, Robben admitted to cheating today, and FIFA said they wouldn't do anything. It's nice for them that they can pick and choose which rules they enforce.

Be interesting to see what the mandate to the ref will be if Brazil come up against Netherlands and it's a dirty game.

In any case, we have the Uruguayan FA backin Suarez and the Urguyan president insulting them. Next logical step is to extend the ban and punish Liverpool.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'm sorry Barca the transfer window opens tomorrow please buy me.

Is what I read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

If FIFA reduce his ban *after* he transfers to Barca, I'll be very unhappy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I am very disappointed with that Suarez apology. Where is the apology to Liverpool? To Brendan Rodgers?

He let the club down with the whole incident and not even a mention of them?

Really does seem Lineker is right with the tweet regarding Barca. So disapointed he didn't apologise to the club.

All signs pointing to that hes off. Anything less than 80 million is a no go for me. Ban or no ban.

We now need to bring in a world class striker to replace suarez and we now need to add to that with whats left over.

We can't be replacing world class we need to add to it if we are to push on. The quality within the squad is threadbare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'm sorry Barca the transfer window opens tomorrow please buy me.

Is what I read!

It looks like he is gone . Make sure Barcelona send Sanchez the other way and then LFC can spend the rest of the money on strengthening the rest of the team .

So if Suarez doesn't get to go to Barca, will he take his apology back?

It looks like he is gone . Make sure Barcelona send Sanchez the other way and then LFC can spend the rest of the money on strengthening the rest of the team .

If Sanchez isn't part of the deal I'd offer him to Madrid.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    I am very disappointed with that Suarez apology. Where is the apology to Liverpool? To Brendan Rodgers?

Really does seem Lineker is right with the tweet regarding Barca. So disapointed he didn't apologise to the club.

Jaysus Joe, you're taking this to heart!

If Sanchez isn't part of the deal I'd offer him to Madrid.

I would do the same , you could always offer him to Madrid to up the price too . If he wants out you could offer him to Madrid , PSG , Monaco or Barcelona . Let's get a bidding war going now and cash in if he wants to leave .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

joe123 wrote: »

All signs pointing to that hes off. Anything less than 80 million is a no go for me. Ban or no ban.

We now need to bring in a world class striker to replace suarez and we now need to add to that with whats left over.

We can't be replacing world class we need to add to it if we are to push on. The quality within the squad is threadbare.

He didn't apologise to Uruguay either, not sure I'd take much notice of that. It was an apology to Chiellani and he's the one who deserved it most.

Offer him to nobody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't think he could have apologized to the club within the context of the statement though. That would have contradicted everything else he said.

He didn't apologize for a bite - he apologized for a collision, the result of which hurt another player. He doesn't actually admit any wrongdoing. To apologize to Liverpool, or anyone other than the player himself, would have been the opposite of what he was saying.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't think he could have apologized to the club within the context of the statement though. That would have contradicted everything else he said.

He didn't apologize for a bite - he apologized for a collision, the result of which hurt another player. He doesn't actually admit any wrongdoing. To apologize to Liverpool, or anyone other than the player himself, would have been the opposite of what he was saying.

He also said it would never happen again so he is admitting fault.

It's terribly worded.

• Advertisement

And then there's his bullet point list, one of which stated he vowed it would never happen again. That's admission right there, if nothing else.

Its a weird statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

In my opinion Suarez seems to snap when the pressure is really piled on.

He doesn't walk onto the pitch and start gnashing all around him but as the occasion builds up and the clock runs down, his own expectation seems to cause him to just snap. Its truly a deep seeded psychological problem that I can as a fan feel sorry for him over it.

BUT if Suarez or his entourage / likely next team think that playing for his dream club, in massive massive games almost every week, with his wife, children and their family in the stands watching then imo a repeat or similar event happening seems inevitable and to think otherwise then I am afraid he is just dreaming.

Suarez YNWA

I wonder is it a case of LFC saying we are just going to cash in on you now and we don't care what you get up to . The last two times he caused a sh*t storm for the club they backed him to the hilt . Maybe the club have decided we can't risk you doing anything as stupid again . At the end of the day with all the new sponsorship on board john Henry might be thinking we keep letting him do this and we could loose all this sponsorship .

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

First pic of Adam Llama in a Liverpool jersey :p

BrYeW3wCYAAyFih.jpg

This has to be fake,its clearly last seasons jersey

Dr.Brendan Rodgers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement