Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The Lallana photo is so stupid it pains me, I cannot believe we are stooping to this level of banality.

We all know he combs his hair to the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Where's my apology Luis...where's my apology?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Where's my apology Luis...where's my apology?

Were you the victim of a physical collision resulting in a bite?

Didn't get an apology?

If so..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

10421133_842831765741893_211807401883552271_n.png
    klose wrote: »
    Chiellinis twitter...

@chiellini: .@luis16suarez It's all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.

tumblr_laq2f3cn5r1qzhf66o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

After several hours being home with my TV and internet I fail to see how people automatically conclude that Barcelona are behind the statement.

Why couldn't it have been Liverpool or the Uruguayan FA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

murpho999 wrote: »
    After several hours being home with my TV and internet I fail to see how people automatically conclude that Barcelona are behind the statement.

Its a reflex worst case scenario reaction,,, People need to chill the beans and just see what happens when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Dont know if this was mentioned today.
    In BBCs gossip column this morning they mentioned an article from Bild. Lars Bender to Liverpool for 25m.
    Would Bild be as reliable a source as twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Brando_ie wrote: »
    In my opinion Suarez seems to snap when the pressure is really piled on.

He doesn't walk onto the pitch and start gnashing all around him but as the occasion builds up and the clock runs down, his own expectation seems to cause him to just snap. Its truly a deep seeded psychological problem that I can as a fan feel sorry for him over it.

BUT if Suarez or his entourage / likely next team think that playing for his dream club, in massive massive games almost every week, with his wife, children and their family in the stands watching then imo a repeat or similar event happening seems inevitable and to think otherwise then I am afraid he is just dreaming.

Suarez YNWA

Why didn't the pressure make him snap against Chelsea and Palace so, or all those games where we were desperately trying to grind out a win in our title challenge?

If Barca are really set on him then they should offer another £20m for Steve Peters, as it's clear to me over the last week that this chap must have been working quite intensely with Luis. It's no coincidence this happened away from his watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Read it again, that definately wasn't the work of anyone at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The bad phrasing could well be down to lack of fluent English from the statement writers.

5starpool wrote: »
    The bad phrasing could well be down to lack of fluent English from the statement writers.

Stop talking sense ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

we're going to be loaded - can we buy Tony Kroos?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Stop talking sense ffs!

Sorry. It's clearly part of an ongoing strategy to annoy Liverpool so much that he is sold for £40m + £1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

bitemeluis wrote: »
    we're going to be loaded - can we buy Tony Kroos?

No chance

United called dibs on him ages ago. Hummels too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Dont know if this was mentioned today.
    In BBCs gossip column this morning they mentioned an article from Bild. Lars Bender to Liverpool for 25m.
    Would Bild be as reliable a source as twitter?

Its the German S*n.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

That apology has just added £20 million back onto Luis transfer value. If some photos of Luis with puppies were to appear we could be looking at a world record transfer. Photoshoppers, get on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fescue wrote: »
    That apology has just added £20 million back onto Luis transfer value. If some photos of Luis with puppies were to appear we could be looking at a world record transfer. Photoshoppers, get on it!

So that's where he learned it!

puppy-bites-puppy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Fescue wrote: »

Something like this would work.

2co4qr5.jpg

• Advertisement

Read it again, that definately wasn't the work of anyone at Liverpool.

Wasn't Barcelona's either as their English language webpages etc are perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

What's the general feeling amongst ye lads - It possibly now looks as if he's off to Spain, but If I was in your shoes, I reckon I'd be pissed as hell at the man for essentially putting himself out of the club until Halloween if he were to stay.

Do ye feel he owes Liverpool and the supporters an apology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Here's a quote of a quote to give us some Sanchez hope and Suarez woe:
    Graham Hunter on 5 live Sport: "Alexis Sanchez will be gently told 'find the right place to go, we'd like it to be Anfield'" #suarezsale

Sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Al Capwned wrote: »
    What's the general feeling amongst ye lads - It possibly now looks as if he's off to Spain, but If I was in your shoes, I reckon I'd be pissed as hell at the man for essentially putting himself out of the club until Halloween if he were to stay.

Do ye feel he owes Liverpool and the supporters an apology?

Personally no I'd like to thank him for making Liverpool a force again and giving me the most enjoyable season in 20 years. I also like the fact that deep down I know all rival fans are praying that he gets a move to real or barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Graham Hunter on 5 live Sport: "Alexis Sanchez will be gently told 'find the right place to go, we'd like it to be Anfield'" #suarezsale

Sounds like the type of advice Fat Tony would give ya

Fat_Tony_Thumbs_Up.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sounds like the type of advice Fat Tony would give ya

Fat_Tony_Thumbs_Up.jpg

You could be right.
    Sepp-Blatter-006.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hope we tell Barca that we're up for doing a deal, then the second the Sanchez papers are signed, we pull out of the Suarez deal. The contractual equivilent of;

tumblr_kosksklbQk1qzpwi0o1_400.gif

If Suarez does go, it's nailed on we'll draw Barca in the CL now isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Deschamps can't even trust his own players!
    http://youtu.be/-EebceH_l6o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Doodoo wrote: »
    Deschamps can't even trust his own players!

Whats this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Whats this?

Checked for his wallet a few times

a1c877a923b0e249cc5b9f606f38b9b4.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

If Suarez does go, it's nailed on we'll draw Barca in the CL now isnt it?
    Said the very same thing to my son earlier.
    Well if we do sell him to Barca at least he'll be banned for one of the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Checked for his wallet a few times

a1c877a923b0e249cc5b9f606f38b9b4.png

Thats a good one, I see Doodoo has now added the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Personally no I'd like to thank him for making Liverpool a force again and giving me the most enjoyable season in 20 years. I also like the fact that deep down I know all rival fans are praying that he gets a move to real or barca.

While he had a big part to play it wasn't all down to Luis.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    While he had a big part to play it wasn't all down to Luis.....

I know it wasnt all down to him but apart from rodgers nobody else played as big a part. If he goes so be it liverpool get a huge fee and he gave everything while he was here. The club is in a much better place than before he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Suarez leaving would be absolutely ****ing horrendous for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Fair point I suppose. I still maintain that he's let the club down though.

And I'd imagine it's an indication of how good a player he is that rival fans would prefer to see him at a club that aren't in direct competition with their own. All of us 'over there' :) would be glad to see him leave Liverpool, simply because it makes you a weaker team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Suarez leaving would be absolutely ****ing horrendous for the club

He was always going to leave at some point.

How we deal with that will be the measure of Ayre and Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So many goals and assists, though.

It's like, it's almost worth it.

I know it wasnt all down to him but apart from rodgers nobody else played as big a part. If he goes so be it liverpool get a huge fee and he gave everything while he was here. The club is in a much better place than before he arrived.

Thats not fair at all and just plain wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Fair point I suppose. I still maintain that he's let the club down though.

And I'd imagine it's an indication of how good a player he is that rival fans would prefer to see him at a club that aren't in direct competition with their own. All of us 'over there' :) would be glad to see him leave Liverpool, simply because it makes you a weaker team..

**** it, I've changed my mind _ pissing other fans off is good enough for me to want him to stay!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Thats not fair at all and just plain wrong.

So who played as big a part:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

And even then if Sanchez is told he "gently" should go to us, we could potentially have a very valuable player who doesnt want to be with us.

**** that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wish Stevie-G was my da

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/pictures-liverpool-fc-everton-fc-7346165

7kPfCn.jpg

Who is this dropping the hand on Enricky?

5cmGqT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

DrumSteve wrote: »
    And even then if Sanchez is told he "gently" should go to us, we could potentially have a very valuable player who doesnt want to be with us.

**** that.

We already have one in Suarez. He would certainly want a move to Spain.

So who played as big a part:confused:

Our attacking 3/4 players deserve a lot of praise collectively for the season just gone. Suarez was the spearhead but in no way should get all the praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

there's a good chance that we get a big fee and he goes onto bite someone else in 6 months time and gets an even longer ban. If we get a good fee now then its probably, in the long run, a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

DrumSteve wrote: »

**** that.

Our very own Ozil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Our attacking 3/4 players deserve a lot of praise collectively for the season just gone. Suarez was the spearhead but in no way should get all the praise.

He did contribute 31 goals and 12 assists in 33 games.

Probably the hardest working player in the PL.

No about of money can replace that.

djPSB wrote: »
    He did contribute 31 goals and 12 assists in 33 games.

Probably the hardest working player in the PL.

No about of money can replace that.

I never said he could be replaced. Personally i would fight tooth and nail to keep him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Balmed Out wrote: »
    there's a good chance that we get a big fee and he goes onto bite someone else in 6 months time and gets an even longer ban.
    There's also the chance he won't bite someone else & go on & have a better season than the last one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement