Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rarnes1 wrote: »
    With Suarez we can challenge for the title.

Without him it's a top 4 challenge.

That's my simplistic view of it anyway.

Unless of course it's a swap deal with Messi.

I don't see it that way. If we get a good fee for him and reinvest wisely there is no reason we cant be up there again next season. Rodgers is the most important man at our club IMO.
    Suarez is a great player but Rodgers has us playing like a team since January 2013, our form since then has been very consistent.
    There is so much to come from Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho still as it is.

31 goals and 12 assists is a lot to replace but I trust Rodgers to adapt the team and get the best out of whatever players we have. New or old.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'd see it fairly similar. I think we all rue not winning the Premier League last season and now that Suarez seems to want out that ambition appears much further away than it does with still having him in the team. Even from a Champions League perspective Liverpool are defintely not front runners but if we can get out of our group and we had Suarez playing up front for the knockout stages who knows what could happen, we might not win it but with him spearheading the challenge and the glory European nights back at Anfield we just might have had an outside chance.

Without Suarez next season could be full of big What ifs. I'm kinda resigned to losing him now as I believe he himself wants out. Part of me is angry at him for not showing loyalty when the club have backed him to the hilt but there is no loyalty in football these days. In saying that I'd love if he just did one more season, this upcoming season is one of the most crucial we've had in 25+ years, it's do or die stuff for LFC to maintain Champions League football with a top 4 finish. If we don't achieve that the club will have regressed and come May 2015 everyone will agree that the departure of Suarez was a large factor in not achieving top 4. So from that perspective alone I really hope Brendan Rodgers and John. Henry are working furiously behind the scenes to hang on to him. They might be annoyed with his recent behaviour but they're not stupid- holding on to Suarez for one more season would give the club a huge leg up in terms of staying in the Champions League. And if part of that scenario playing out means that Man U or Arsenal miss out on Europe then all the better, because they are hoping that it will happen to us this season. No way do ManU or Arsenal want to see us become a permanent top 4 team because one of them would have to be the fall guy. Having Suarez is the difference of being almost certain we wouldn't be the fall guy finishing 5th.

Hanging onto him for one more season is no doubt a huge risk if he were to bite someone again. But I'm confident the club could work with him to ensure there isn't a repeat performance. For me it's a simple pay off- keep him for one more season and be almost guaranteed Champions League football for the following one, in doing so you run the risk of him biting someone else and getting a 6 month to a year ban. I'd take that risk if Suarez was willing to commit to one more season.

It seems fairly obvious he doesn't want to stay though. Call me a cynic but I reckon his new contract was all for show as most contracts are. Henry admitted he had a clause and forced him to stay probably with the promise he can move on next year if a Spanish club come in for him or we don't get CL football.

Put simply although we finished 2nd last year we are miles behind the top tier clubs. Suarez deserves to be at a top tier club and he isn't getting any younger. He was always going this summer, if you thought different you are naieve in the extreme.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

rob316 wrote: »
    If we sold Suarez and got Sanchez as part of the deal I would love us to try and test Dortmund's resolve for Reus.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

It was obvious suarez was going to issue an apology eventually, to say barca demanded one for his transfer to happen is easy journalism. It was obviously going to happen and journos have their "scoop" and everyone ****s themselves.
    Suarez has a contract with a definite release clause so barca have to meet it with straight up cash, or cash plus a player the club deem acceptable, if barca only value him at 50-60 mill, whatever the rags are saying, then tough ****, we still value him at 80million so stump up the cash or feck off, we have all the bargaining chips in this deal.
    Suarez is in a very tough place here if he really wants this transfer, if he digs in his heels and goes public about it again and it doesn't happen, after everything the club done and the fans who supported him it could get ugly. In any case I'm confident everything will be ok, either he stays, or he leaves and we get a ton of money to reinvest.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No.

Haha I knew you wouldn't like that one Nuri :D

I don't think we could get him, he is a Real Madrid or Barcelona player IMO if he moves but I think most fans would be happy with Sanchez and Reus if we sold Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

rob316 wrote: »
    It seems fairly obvious he doesn't want to stay though. Call me a cynic but I reckon his new contract was all for show as most contracts are. Henry admitted he had a clause and forced him to stay probably with the promise he can move on next year if a Spanish club come in for him or we don't get CL football.

Put simply although we finished 2nd last year we are miles behind the top tier clubs. Suarez deserves to be at a top tier club and he isn't getting any younger. He was always going this summer, if you thought different you are naieve in the extreme.

Finally, a bit of common sense.

I'd put us on par with Arsenal. With or without Suarez, we'll be in a battle for 4th next April/May.

Chelsea, Man City and maybe even Man Utd, come August, will have a lot more quality at their disposal. Ourselves, Arsenal, Everton & Spurs will be battling for 4th with ourselves or Arsenal getting it. With a bit of luck, Utd might flop again, but with the money they seem to be throwing at transfers, I can't see that happening, with a competent manager in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's done.

Brc0MQZIQAAcGoO.jpg

Brc0gRrIYAAHJdW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

10497103_10152655460667573_6866280248920856656_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

All the Lallana stories on Offal are throwing 404 errors, only the front page was updated! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Welcome to the Mad House Lallana :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm worried about Lalanna already. He's not leaning in any of these photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LEAN!

*In the style of the Rugby shout, HEAVE*

Some ads for PruHealth in this Zaf shots - the commercial partnerships continue!

Glad he is in, you don't make the Prem team of the year in a season like that without being hugely talented.
    I thinl Rodgers will use him well...

I'm worried about Lalanna already. He's not leaning in any of these photos

Leaning back slightly in the Boot Room shots, JUST about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Now is the time to go for Dejan Lovren...

Come on Ian get on your bike :pac:

• Advertisement

We are undoubtedly overpaying for him but I'm excited about him signing with us and thing he will be a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I suppose it's better to be looking at him, than looking for him.

He took the number 20? Bravery. Such a heavy shirt to wear after its previous tenants cissokho and spearing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No.

Our needs are greater than yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

£25m is too expensive for us, we must be selling Suarez :pac: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Its ok lads he's leaning. Heeeee'sssss Leaninnnnnnn

10437791_10152529397194138_2127275614161501900_n.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Poetry in motion la la Lalanna :D

Lovren would be a far more important signing than Lallana, as happy as I am to have the latter.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lovren would be a far more important signing than Lallana, as happy as I am to have the latter.

But he's hardly the only CB out there.

Do you think Hummels was REALLY sick last night? I'm not falling for that...

I have to wonder, what is happening with footballers names? We now have a Simon, Adam, several Jordans, Philip, Glen and 2 Daniels - not exactly manly names!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its ok lads he's leaning. Heeeee'sssss Leaninnnnnnn

10437791_10152529397194138_2127275614161501900_n.jpg
    :D

Adam La-leaning

Guess who was signed this day four years ago?

Roy Hodgson

:mad:

Dickerty wrote: »
    I have to wonder, what is happening with footballers names? We now have a Simon, Adam, several Jordans, Philip, Glen and 2 Daniels - not exactly manly names!!

I hear ya Dickerty-Diggity, I hears ya. All those are predominantly female names, for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Knex. wrote: »

Roy Hodgson

Yea, but guess who started his new job this day last year? :)

moyes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Happy with the Lallana signing, good player with a savage workrate and a good attitude

Still holding out for Alexis Sanchez though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Roy Hodgson

4 years ago, jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Roy Hodgson

:more. :

You sir have just ruined my day. Please keep such "historic" points to a minimum in future.
    Is there a way to give negative thanks :pac:

Lean away Adam, lean away.

10360557_10152655486267573_6339039850987075242_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

RainMaker wrote: »
    Yea, but guess who started his new job this day last year? :)

moyes.jpg

His first mistake was not using the mousemat they gave him. "Too small" he said. "Your days are numbered" they said.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165546-rodgers-lallana-will-fit-perfectly-here

"We are delighted to have secured the services of one of the Premier League's top talents in signing Adam Lallana," the boss told Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood.

"What is apparent about Adam is that his character is on a par with his talent.

"He is an exceptional young man and someone who has a love for the game - and, most importantly, a desire to progress and improve.

"Adam is motivated by being the best he can be and being part of something special. We believe he fits right in with what we are trying to do at Liverpool.

"We have seen, over the past two seasons in the Barclays Premier League, he has a tactical awareness to adapt to what is required of him and to put the team above his personal ambitions.

"He has leadership skills and personal qualities that make him a special commodity and I am delighted we have acted decisively to make sure he is wearing a Liverpool shirt next season.

"Adam is aware there will be great competition for places at this club and he is hungry to improve further. We are confident he will fit perfectly with the culture we have at Liverpool.

"I'm excited about working with Adam and helping him to progress even further."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wonder what the details of this deal are. Some sources seem to suggest Lallana will be on £100k a week - I hope that is not the case.

Wonder what the details of this deal are. Some sources seem to suggest Lallana will be on £100k a week - I hope that is not the case.

I doubt that. I think the more realistic reports (and that mentioned by Kess last week) has the deal rising to 23m. I would doubt if he was on 100k a week. What was he on at Southampton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Roy Hodgson

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5live wrote: »
    Who?

Ray Hudson...he had a short lived spell on LFC tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

klose wrote: »
    He took the number 20? Bravery. Such a heavy shirt to wear after its previous tenants cissokho and spearing...

You forgot Nick Barmby !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You'd imagine he was one of the highest earners at Southampton, being captain and all, if you're moving jobs, playing at a higher level, you've a right to demand higher wages.

Now with all that said, I've no idea what he was/is on

I'd say he's on a decent enough wage. He's not a guy in his early 20s.

Welcome to the club Lama

The name's Hodgson.

Ray Hudson

Roy Hodgson

i don't know whether this is supposed to depress me, or I'm supposed to be fúcking delighted that it's just a memory.

i'm so confused.

I'd be surprised if it's that high, he'd have settled for much less I am sure, but when you pay that high a fee, it's reasonable for a player to expect a big wedge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

According to the Barcelona paper Sport, Suarez was told that the deal wouldn't go ahead unless he apologised for his actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Here we go.

Zubizaretta:
    Luis Suarez? Won't comment as sports director, just saying that it honours him that he apologized.

Rakitic:
    To have the character and strength to apologise in front of the world shows what a noble person he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Welcome Adam! The worst fans in the world welcome you...

Woah woah woah, we have the worst fans in the whole world. We have nuriii sahin, turtyturd, knex and gafferino oooah ooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Why does anyone care how much wages he's on?

According to the Barcelona paper Sport, Suarez was told that the deal wouldn't go ahead unless he apologised for his actions.

Very original with their paper name, I'll give them that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement