Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

I am pie wrote: »
    Ramirez is a mid table player who will never play for a top 4 side in any serious league.

I wouldn't pick him for the reserves.

That there is some quality hyperbole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Yeah mike is.

And Aguerooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Anyone any idea how much wages we would be paying Lallana?

I think that needs to be considered alongside the upfront price. For a player that made it into the PL team of the year, I'd say his wages weren't all that high at Southampton. Therefore, I'd imagine we won't be overpaying him either. FSG seem pretty focused on keeping wages down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The fee for Adam is "believed" to be £25 Million. I have a feeling its at most 18 mill up front with add ons of approx 5 mill. To me in this day and age with the money in football is not bad for an english player, especially one that looks like he can actually play football. That would have his real value at around the 12 Mill mark and then the English player "tax".

If Suarez was English I would hate to see what the papers would value him at..... dare I say 150+ million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Remember people saying the same about Charlie Adam......

Are you seriously comparing Lallana to Charlie Adam, overweight, lazy Charlie Adam?
    I get your disappointed with the signing but if you had watched this lad last season you would know he is a proper baller. Its a big fee but that's the going rate for an English International midfielder.

I predict he will be a big hit, like Sturridge was. I was a bit underwhelmed at the signing at the start but that's just me perfering a more exotic name although I still think Shaqiri would have been a better value buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Wouldn't it be a good idea to see how the chap gets on before offering opinions on him one way or another.

For instance, I was super excited about Nuri Sahin, he was a flop.

I thought Sturridge was a risky signing. He's been great.

You just don't know how they will turn out.

Another great example was Soldado last season, people were falling over themselves to tell you what a signing he was. Utterly useless he was.

Lallana is a good player. He's a proper footballer and can play in a number of positions.

It's just the fee that's debatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rob316 wrote: »
    Are you seriously comparing Lallana to Charlie Adam, overweight, lazy Charlie Adam?
    I get your disappointed with the signing but if you had watched this lad last season you would know he is a proper baller. Its a big fee but that's the going rate for an English International midfielder.

I predict he will be a big hit, like Sturridge was. I was a bit underwhelmed at the signing at the start but that's just me perfering a more exotic name although I still think Shaqiri would have been a better value buy.

Hes not comparing them, just comparing what fans said, as alot of Pool fans said the same about Adams arrival.

I think Lallana will be a good buy IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I know one person who'd pay 25m for Lallana's hair alone, so I'd say at this moment in time, Hefferboi is delighted.

Fescue wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to see how the chap gets on before offering opinions on him one way or another.

For instance, I was super excited about Nuri Sahin, he was a flop.

I thought Sturridge was a risky signing. He's been great.

You just don't know how they will turn out.

Another great example was Soldado last season, people were falling over themselves to tell you what a signing he was. Utterly useless he was.

Spot on you never know how any player is going to fit into your team regardless of there quality or name.

For the record I always though Soldado would be a poor buy he is a very limited player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lallana is a good player. He's a proper footballer and can play in a number of positions.

on the money.

this really should be the end of any debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I've said is a good player and that he was excellent last season. But for £25m, imo you should be hoping for world class/potential world class. I'm not convinced that Lallana will ever be that.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I've said is a good player and that he was excellent last season. But for £25m, imo you should be hoping for world class/potential world class. I'm not convinced that Lallana will ever be that.

Theres not much world class you could get for £25m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mundo Deportivo reporting we want 80m in cash for Suarez and are not interested in Sanchez deal.

Also Barca only offering 60m

rob316 wrote: »
    Theres not much world class you could get for £25m.

I think he means potential world class. Lallana is young, he may improve on the bigger stage yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mundo Deportivo reporting we want 80m in cash for Suarez and are not interested in Sanchez deal.

Hopefully we're interested in Moses instead.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think he means potential world class. Lallana is young, he may improve on the bigger stage yet.

He's 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've seen rumours that he's not interested.

There's no point getting someone in who doesn't want to be here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hopefully we're interested in Moses instead.

Definitely. Did you see his goal line clearencre last night? What a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

He's 26.

I think everyone is forgetting that because he looks young

He's 26.

Thought he was younger TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gbear wrote: »
    I've seen rumours that he's not interested.

There's no point getting someone in who doesn't want to be here.

This thread is going to be renamed the 'Ozil picture thread' if we keep this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This thread is going to be renamed the 'Ozil picture thread' if we keep this up.

Maybe it could be renamed Liverpool Superthread / The Turds bitter ramblings about Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

SlickRic wrote: »
    on the money.

I don't even know why the others are Moaning about the Money.

I mean, after the Failed Carroll-Downing Buying Spree, I don't think FSG has sanctioned any other Overprice Buy.

Most of the Buys we've had since then are either Discounted or within reasonable Valuation. That's why I'm quite Surprise that alot of Posters here are showing Outrage for the touted Fee.

I'm more inclined to believe, it's actually 15-18M + Addons that goes to 25M, in case of Achievements like Winning the Title, etc.

Now, if you are actually Lukewarm to Lallana joining LFC, that I could understand.

There's been alot of Clamor here since the Kono-Saga, that FSG should Open their Wallets and get Rodgers the Player he wants.

Since, this is Without a Doubt a Rodger's Buy. The Manager, that almost gave us our long-sought League Title.

So now it almost becomes a Question of, do you Trust Rodgers' Judgement on Players he needs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Shaqiri giving a master class today- would love him in the red of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vanolder wrote: »

Would take Rodriguez at LB as well.

Master class? The more I see of him the more I think we already have better than him in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »

And comparing him in anyway to Charlie Adam is ridiculous.

Lallana can run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Should be interesting to see how Emre Can does and how much he plays. I think he might play a good few games. He is the kind of player we needed. Looks like a decent ball winner and can run forward with the ball from deep in midfield.

Master class? The more I see of him the more I think we already have better than him in the squad.

What game are you watching? He's the best player on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Would take Rodriguez at LB as well.

I must be thick or something cause to me he's been useless in every game I have seen him in this world cup.

I must be thick.

Whatever you say, mate.

Obligatory match compilation vids:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thought he was younger TBH.

To be fair, until Googling his name a month ago, I thought he was around 22-23.

Whatever you say, mate.

I'm not your mate, pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You seem to be having a bad day Vanolder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Not as Negative as Fescue, but I understand where he's coming from.

I'm actually more Impressed with what I've seen from Mexico's Aquino and Herrera, than anything I've seen from Shaqiri, in this World Cup.

With that said, I do think Drmic has been the Swiss' Best Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I must be thick or something cause to me he's been useless in every game I have seen him in this world cup.

Most people want him because he has a very good assist record in Germany last season, knocked in a few goals too I think, haven't seen him play so can't comment. I wouldn't judge a player solely on a world cup, for good performances or bad.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You seem to be having a bad day Vanolder...

How so??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

klose wrote: »
    Most people want him because he has a very good assist record in Germany last season, knocked in a few goals too I think, haven't seen him play so can't comment. I wouldn't judge a player solely on a world cup, for good performances or bad.

Bingo. It's a very small sample to take anything major from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodriguez was highly rated even before the World Cup. Wolfsburg aren't short of cash though so wouldn't be cheap.

Can attack, defend and is 21. What's not to like apart from his silly ponytail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Knex. wrote: »
    I know one person who'd pay 25m for Lallana's hair alone, so I'd say at this moment in time, Hefferboi is delighted.

Lovely! Better than Jones' imo. Hendo is up there as well but I think Lallana will just edge it as the best in the squad. Suso is a bit hot and cold if he returns and I'll have to see what he goes for closer to the start of the season before I make a judgement.

I think Emre Can could be a dark horse though. Lovely hair but it's the style that counts and at the moment he's behind the rest but I can see him mixing it up when it comes to the crunch time.

This world cup is the first real opportunity I have had to look at some of these players close up. Its a small sample size of course so I'm just basing my comments on what I'm watching. I wouldn't be excited about Shaqiri or Rodriguez on that basis.

Wolfsburg will sell Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer for 20M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Origi starts for Belgium tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SlickRic wrote: »
    on the money.

Not really. If we can afford to buy a few players in that bracket then it's not really a big deal to overpay for Lallana. If signing him for that money restricts us in bringing in a marquee player, then it is an issue.

I really hope these Rojo to Liverpool rumours stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

djPSB wrote: »
    And comparing him in anyway to Charlie Adam is ridiculous.

Lallana can run.

Yes but are his corners alone worth£10m?

See?

Too close to call, imo;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rodriguez was highly rated even before the World Cup. Wolfsburg aren't short of cash though so wouldn't be cheap.

Can attack, defend and is 21. What's not to like apart from his silly ponytail?

Ponytails are manly, glorious and never to be scoffed at. You clearly are called Adam or Daniel or Jordan or some such... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dr. Rodgers!
    rodgers_111.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'm not your mate, pal.

He's not your pal, friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement