Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

If Suarez leaves Liverpool who the fook am I gonna have as my Fantasy Football Captain?

I was bad enough when Norwich got relegated :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

0028673 wrote: »
    If Suarez leaves Liverpool who the fook am I gonna have as my Fantasy Football Captain?

I agree with you this is the most serious question that needs to be answered :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gbear wrote: »
    Real is Ronaldo's fiefdom.

I think Messi is more involved with Barca's play than Ronaldo because of their respective positions on the pitch but off the pitch it sounds like the same story.
    And also because Messi is a better all round player than ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

IK09 wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that hes leaving until i see him leaning on something in Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, Barcelona's Training ground.
    His ban doesn't allow him near training grounds AFAIK so will probably have to be the car park or something unless it gets changed in the appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

one sickening thing to come out of this transfer is that it will boost Liverpools transfer fund to the points of the owners probably end up actually investing less of their own this year than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

gucci wrote: »
    one sickening thing to come out of this transfer is that it will boost Liverpools transfer fund to the points of the owners probably end up actually investing less of their own this year than last year!

:confused: They Ok'd a budget of 70m PLUS player sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apart from building a new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

£80 million in the paw or £70+Pedro or £60+Sanchez. F**k them, Liverpool hold all the aces and Barca know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

0028673 wrote: »

I think RVP is a good option given the LVG factor and United's easy opening fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Well, we don't know that! If we spend what was reported on Lallana, Lambert and Can, and we get Sanchez and £50M for Luis, then there is only about £10-14M left...

Outlay last summer was only £20M net, we could still break that with Moreno and Shaqiri...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

aramush wrote: »
    £80 million in the paw or £70+Pedro or £65+Sanchez. F**k them, Liverpool hold all the aces and Barca know it.

Sanchez is worth more than 15m to Barca!

50m + Sanchez or 80m cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

:confused: They Ok'd a budget of 70m PLUS player sales

If they spent that after selling Suarez they'd be doing a spurs, and I doubt any Liverpool fans want that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm sick of all this already!

Luis, if you're reading, please don't go (and I know you are reading :p)

My heart will be broken if he leaves, be like John Aldridge and Robbie Fowler being sold all over again :(

Sanchez is worth more than 15m to Barca!

50m + Sanchez or 80m cash

Or just fúck off you're not getting him.

Somebody needs to stand up to Barca and Real, they think they can tap any player they want up and get him. I detest both clubs, they seem to hold themselves up as Bastions of Morality when they are, in fact, the lowest of the low.....lower than the buttons on a snake's waistcoat!

Suarezistheman needs to change his name choosing policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So the profits on the sale of players are somehow not "their own money"?? :eek: Whose money is it?

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

kfallon wrote: »

Somebody needs to stand up to Barca and Real, they think they can tap any player they want up and get him. I detest both clubs, they seem to hold themselves up as Bastions of Morality when they are, in fact, the lowest of the low.....lower than the buttons on a snake's waistcoat!

tumblr_mo8yp8VLaT1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

This thread has been getting out of hand lately, but Jaysus, Kfallon, that's a vicious one.

We really are the worst.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I though the turnaround in the apology was a bit off alright. Looks like he'll be sold.

Never a good day to see one of the best in the league leave for another country. Incredible player.

I can't see your pic/gif when I'm in work!

We are the worst tho, that's why Suarez wants out, he's seen the thread, how could he play for a shower like us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

BenThere wrote: »
    So the profits on the sale of players are somehow not "their own money"?? :eek: Whose money is it?

Ben

perhaps i phrased it poorly, but Im just pointing out that the actual net investment is going to possibly be low again,despite the massive spike in premiership tv money and being back in the champions league.
    i guess the only way we will know is by doing the sums at the end of the window.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »

In fairness, most players dream is to play for either of these clubs, regardless of how they go about thier business.

I would be pretty sure that part of the new contract for Suarez last year was something to the effect if either came knocking, we would need to listen, and that there is a certain amount that needs to be met.

There are a few kickers here that could cause problems
    - Barca dont necessarily have money, they will need to clear a large transfer and acquire the funds from the different parties involved.
    - If Sanchez is to be included in the deal, his valuation by both parties has to be agreed upon, this determines the final amount on the cheque that needs to be written.
    - Sanchez also needs to be willing to join LFC.

I can genuinely see why Suarez would want to move there, his wifes family is there, he has property there, it would be culturaly more closer to his homeland than Liverpool. He would also get a chance to have a kickabout with Messi and Neymar every other day.

In other news, it looks like there is still alot of talk on Shaqiri getting closer to a move to us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Messi doesn't want to let Suarez play as he wants in the team, Luis will just bite him. Watch Messi back off then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

taidghbaby wrote: »

That's him.

Ian%2BAyre%2Bthumbs%2Bup.jpg

"Couldn't get through to you on deadline day, so I called the Russian Police after all that weird
    **** I saw at your office that time. lol soz."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Maybe we can use some of the money we get to give Coutinho extra shooting lessons.:p

Better again- let's hang on to Suarez and get him to give Coutinho shooting lessons- win, win :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

taidghbaby wrote: »

I bet Putin is a Liverpool fan and is still salty over the Konoplyanka deal collapsing.. Further establishing us as the worst fans in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I bet Putin is a Liverpool fan and is still salty over the Konoplyanka deal collapsing.. Further establishing us as the worst fans in the world.

Last I heard, United were after him. Think I read that at the start of June on SSN

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Last I heard, United were after him. Think I read that at the start of June on SSN

I heard he'd rather stay with Dnipro as he wanted Champion's League. I'm not being a dick, it was a quote everywhere from him. Not sure if it's a true quote, and or if someone actually had an AK47 pointed at his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

I feel for Liverpool the way barca are going about it, done the same with fabregas, even reina got in on the act.

Horrible club.

I don't see anything wrong with the way they are going about it tbh.

Publicly courting him? Meh, you can be sure there's tons going on behind the scenes.

At least they'll pay big bucks unlike Arsenal's embarrassing offer last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I might be alone in this, but I don't think Arsenal offering 40m last year was too absurd.

Sure, its laughable now after the season he just had, but a year ago, it wasn't too far off, I would think.

The laughable part was the thought of us selling to someone we considered a massive rival for Top 4, not so much the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    I might be alone in this, but I don't think Arsenal offering 40m last year was too absurd.

Sure, its laughable now after the season he just had, but a year ago, it wasn't too far off, I would think.

The laughable part was the thought of us selling to someone we considered a massive rival for Top 4, not so much the fee.

Like they did with RVP, and Nasri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Could see this transfer getting very ugly, and limping on for another month or more.

On one hand, He's a liverpool player, and the club (and fans) have a massive valuation on him

On the other hand, the player seems to want to go to Barca, and he is a liability and is serving a lengthy ban.

I would imagine there would be very contrasting opinions from both sides as to his true transfer value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Grayditch wrote: »
    Spurs isn't playing for Spurs anymore, though. He's gone back to his birth name, after Spurs merged teams with Real.

His real name?

Ba dum tsh

I hope it limps on all summer and falls through

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hope it limps on all summer and falls through

A sulky Suarez might not be much fun to have around the place until next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Do you reckon Suarez will have to spend a few months in developmental (La Maisa) learning the Barcelona way or will he go straight to the main roster?

A sulky Suarez might not be much fun to have around the place until next summer.

Sulky like last season when he didn't get a move?

I like sulky Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Anyone who complains about the way Barca or Real go about their business needs to wake up. Big fish preys on small fish. Just as Liverpool use their lofty status in relation to other clubs targetting their players. We all think Southampton had to let both their guys go, because they were getting a dream move and now have a problem with Suarez?

Bottom line is get a substantial fee. End game

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sulky like last season when he didn't get a move?

I like sulky Suarez

All well and good scoring goals but how much fun would he be?....answer me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All well and good scoring goals but how much fun would he be?....answer me that.

That's if he reacts in the same way this time around.

Anyway, leave yis to it. Looking forward to the battles next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Panthro wrote: »

Shows the lack of ambition in the guy if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Panthro wrote: »

Wouldnt believe everything ya read in the Daily Mail

niallo27 wrote: »

Ah, Niallo...

I can hear the cannons being loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, he only cried at Palace because he forgot tape Coronation Street.

Don't mistake kissing the badge or crying for club loyalty. I don't think he'll even visit Liverpool on holidays!

Good to see 'non-regulars' picking up Mike's slack with these newspaper reports.

I'll fill in at complaining if anyone reposts it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

weren't Barca banned from transfers?
    Oh I suppose they are too big for rules.

THATS OUR FIFA!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Do you reckon Suarez will have to spend a few months in developmental (La Maisa) learning the Barcelona way or will he go straight to the main roster?

Més que un morder, yo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

niallo27 wrote: »

Like it or not Arsenal have money, a big stadium all paid for and importantly a London location. These things count against us in a head to head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement