Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Panthro wrote: »
    Show him highlights of our 5-1 demolition of Arsenal in February & hopefully Rodgers could get to talk to him to try & sell him Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Shows the lack of ambition in the guy if it's true.

Or who bigger draw living in London is compared to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't mistake kissing the badge or crying for club loyalty. I don't think he'll even visit Liverpool on holidays!

Where do I look for it, then? Running himself into the ground?

CHECK.

I don't really care what constitutes loyalty after the performances are put in, but as a sidenote, I believe he cares about Liverpool just a loads of players care about their club. He can still go to Barca and feel the same, whether he visits the...erm.. city of Liverpool again, if that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good to see 'non-regulars' picking up Mike's slack with these newspaper reports.

I'll fill in at complaining if anyone reposts it.

Those are big shoes to fill, you sure you're up to it?!:pac:
    Reckon such decisions need a poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can also give him a CL qualifier which we can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

flugel wrote: »
    Anyone who complains about the way Barca or Real go about their business needs to wake up. Big fish preys on small fish. Just as Liverpool use their lofty status in relation to other clubs targetting their players. We all think Southampton had to let both their guys go, because they were getting a dream move and now have a problem with Suarez?

Bottom line is get a substantial fee. End game

It's the way they do it! You didn't hear Liverpool banging on about Lallana in the press or at press conferences. Same with Utd and Shaw. These other two are constantly at it. Someone told me that Barca unveiled Rakitic yesterday or day before and they spent most of the press conference talking about Suarez!

Real are as bad, they spend months using the press to send signals to whoever they want that summer. Look at the stuff with Bale and even Ronaldo. You can understand why Ferguson said what he did about Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Not a Liverpool fan but I dont what to see him leave. His controversies aside, s player like him would be a huge loss to the Premier League as a whole.

Anyway, it's probably already been discussed here but should his worldwide ban from all football related activities not include transfers as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

How much do you think the "bite" will cost Liverpool? I imagine his price tag must have dropped 20-30% as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not a Liverpool fan but I dont what to see him leave. His controversies aside, s player like him would be a huge loss to the Premier League as a whole.

Anyway, it's probably already been discussed here but should his worldwide ban from all football related activities not include transfers as well?

It did.

Then FIFA somehow changed there minds just like the ban they put on Barca not being allowed any transfers for a year and half.

How much do you think the "bite" will cost Liverpool? I imagine his price tag must have dropped 20-30% as a result.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Won't cost anything. If the release clause is 80m that's what the fee will be. Unless there's a bidding war where Real try to stop Barca

Why?

4 month ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It didn't suit Barca so they let the transfers out of it.
    Same way Barcelona left out a big sigh about getting done for the next two windows that the authorities relented and gave them a year to get all their shopping done!

Won't cost anything. If the release clause is 80m that's what the fee will be. Unless there's a bidding war where Real try to stop Barca

He's hardly worth less than Bale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

4 month ban

Means nothing.
    He is still a top,top,top player.

4 month ban and repeat offender.

It all depends on if there was already a clause to sell to Real or Barca at a certain price, I would reckon.

In which case, Barca or Real could ask for a discounted price, seeing as he's banned for a while.

In which case Liverpool could refuse, as it was the players fault, which could possibly affect the clause in the first place.

I have never ever studied sport law, but I love a good bit of speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

If they want him they may pay the release clause amount.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Makes no odds. 4 months means nothing in a 5 year contract term.

He makes up for it with his fitness anyway, the guy doesn't have recurring injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

TBH the premier league has lost a bit in recent years with an exodus of the best players to Spain.

Recent years have seen Alonso, Mascherano, Song, Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez all look likely to leave for Barca/Madrid and impact on the quality in the EPL.

i think we here would all prefer, regardless of club allegiance to see the best players in the world playing in the EPL. The tax system in Spain versus the tax system in the UK is limiting that potentially.

On an aside, should football take off in the states then you may see MLS sides becoming the next major force league and attract a lot better/younger players based on the salaries that would become available there.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    It all depends on if there was already a clause to sell to Real or Barca at a certain price, I would reckon.

In which case, Barca or Real could ask for a discounted price, seeing as he's banned for a while.

In which case Liverpool could refuse, as it was the players fault, which could possibly affect the clause in the first place.

I have never ever studied sport law, but I love a good bit of speculation.

Do we know for sure there is a release clause and what value it has?

I would have valued him at 100m or more before the bite. Maybe 80m after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Moving through Germany at the moment. Every time I see a Starbucks I rush in and try find out the news. Bit nerve wracking firing up the iPhone to see if Chewie is gone or staying.

Apparently Lallana fee is £16M plus add ons based on the fact that Bournemouth received £4M for their Sell On Fee clause

Do we know for sure there is a release clause and what value it has?

No for sures. I would say it's why Suarez behaved himself all season and dropped the sulk, to be honest. No idea what the bite at the World Cup was about, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

slingerz wrote: »
    Apparently Lallana fee is £16M plus add ons based on the fact that Bournemouth received £4M for their Sell On Fee clause

So, its 20m plus add-ons?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Moving through Germany at the moment. Every time I see a Starbucks I rush in and try find out the news. Bit nerve wracking firing up the iPhone to see if Chewie is gone or staying.

Jaysus, your insides must be spotless, at this stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

df250777e4f247bc86633006b8ca908c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

noodler wrote: »

No...Bournemouth were due 25% of the transfer fee. So 4m they get means 12 for Southampton. Overall 16 + add-ons

25% of £16m is £4m so I'm guessing it means a lump some of £16m. £4m goes to Bournemouth. Southampton get £12m then up front then £9m more with add ons which would be £21m total for Southampton after add ons are paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

TBH the premier league has lost a bit in recent years with an exodus of the best players to Spain.

Recent years have seen Alonso, Mascherano, Song, Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez all look likely to leave for Barca/Madrid and impact on the quality in the EPL.

i think we here would all prefer, regardless of club allegiance to see the best players in the world playing in the EPL. The tax system in Spain versus the tax system in the UK is limiting that potentially.

On an aside, should football take off in the states then you may see MLS sides becoming the next major force league and attract a lot better/younger players based on the salaries that would become available there.

Alex Song was one of the PL's best players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    df250777e4f247bc86633006b8ca908c.png

So Alexis Sanchez has definitely not said that he wouldn't not be not interested in not coming to Anfield not :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So Alexis Sanchez has definitely not said that he wouldn't not be not interested in not coming to Anfield not :confused:

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

I honestly thought that it was a dark day for football when Torres left. Someone who had swore black and blue that he was a red. Whats worse, I swore to myself that I wouldnt get that attached to a player again. I swore that I wouldnt let them hurt me. Then Luis came along and I couldnt help it.

Scoring goals from nowhere. His giddy little smile when he made something from nothing. The passion he showed in every game, not just the big ones. Showing 100% commitment to the club on a dreary evening in the midlands in the middle of winter. Even though I knew what he was when he signed, i knew the lengths he would go to win, I couldnt help it. He was infectious to watch, mesmerizing.

He embodied everything that I was looking for in a player. Heart, courage, ability, drive, the list goes on. You cant have it all without having some flaws. It is well noted that brilliance is often accompanied with madness. I think I can say that we truly did appreciate him while he was with us. I think we'll appreciate what he gave us more when hes gone. I cant quite work out whether I am happy for him that he got his big move, or sad that hes leaving. Either way if he is gone, Good Luck to Mr. Suarez and much thanks for what you have given us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Cartman78 wrote: »

No no, the club has not been not told that Sanchez doesn't not want to not come to Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

IK09 wrote: »
    He embodied everything that I was looking for in a player. Heart, courage, ability, drive, the list goes on. You cant have it all without having some flaws. It is well noted that brilliance is often accompanied with madness. I think I can say that we truly did appreciate him while he was with us. I think we'll appreciate what he gave us more when hes gone. I cant quite work out whether I am happy for him that he got his big move, or sad that hes leaving. Either way if he is gone, Good Luck to Mr. Suarez and much thanks for what you have given us.

Something tells me you nearly said "hunger"! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Balotelli rumours starting again. I'd have him.

I've changed my mind. He is a bit "I'll perform when it suits me".

I think Balotelli would break Liverpool hearts all over again and without the 30+ goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

When things dont go his way he goes missing, no thanks. Absolute opposite to Suarez in that respect. When it aint working for him, he tries harder.

I am not the best at maths but 25% of 16m would be 4 wouldnt it?

• Advertisement

Liverpool sign Kevin Stewart after he was released by Spurs. A 20 year old defender apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Good to see 'non-regulars' picking up Mike's slack with these newspaper reports.

Who's on Loan Watch?

Liverpool sign Kevin Stewart after he was released by Spurs. A 20 year old defender apparently

Now they want him back and are prepared to pay top dollar.

Good to see 'non-regulars' picking up Mike's slack with these newspaper reports

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!!!

what are you on about?

robot-face-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Birroc wrote: »
    what are you on about?

He botched it. He completely botched it, the sap.

He was meant to repost an article, not Turty's post :pac:

Knex. wrote: »
    He botched it. He completely botched it, the sap.

He was meant to repost an article, not Turty's post :pac:

I see Balotelli is linked again

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!!!

sadpanda.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement