Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

All this talk of replacing Suarez with 3 or so players. Lads, do ye not remember Spurs last year?

Well we are not going to replace what he does with one single player that's for sure. Genuine world class players don't grow on trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    a huge bulk of the money for Suarez should be spent on the defence imo.

take away Suarez's goals and shore up the defence and we could do ok.

Suarez as an individual is irreplaceable though, best I've seen in a Liverpool shirt, by a distance.

It might be a change in approach or attitude that will improve our defensive frailties as much as personnel in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say Enrique will be muck when he's back. I know that's a terrible thing to say, but... like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

And one more thing, wait, what's this?
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Luis is or was a fantastic player for liverpool, one of the best ive seen but for some reason from day one i never took to him

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I dont think a lot of the goals conceded were systematic errors, more brainfarts of one or other type. Would like to see one more top shelf mf added and a CB, am happy to see flanagan stay in the side but we need johnson replaced, and not by Enrique's return.

Would sell Agger, anything nr 10m and I would have him out the door. Has never quite become the world beater we thought he would. Skrtel should be a first choice backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

You sir have funny logic.
    I don't like it but I wish you well.

Put simply, we don't need to score 101 goals to win the premier league, much like scoring 101 goals doesn't guarantee you to win the title. If we can improve other areas of the team, such as the defence we could come out ahead or at least even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I would keep Reina but I know that ship has probably already sailed. If Barca want him we need to make them pay the top price for him. None of this crap selling him for 20m less than the buy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Fescue wrote: »
    It might be a change in approach or attitude that will improve our defensive frailties as much as personnel in my opinion.

agree.

I think one comes with the other to a certain extent. Johnson can't be bothered

Flanagan, despite his heart is limited.

Skrtel is reactive instead of pro active

Agger isn't the same player he was 3 years ago and expect him to be sold as Rodgers doesn't appear to fancy him,

I'd be happy with Skrtel 3rd choice if a partner for Sakho was bought.

though, I don't think Lovren is the answer as he's not better than Skrtel as it is, imo.

he's also better at lcb than he is at rcb and he's definitely not good enough to warrant Sakho sitting on the bench.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I would keep Reina but I know that ship has probably already sailed. If Barca want him we need to make them pay the top price for him. None of this crap selling him for 20m less than the buy out.

Barca have already bought two keepers this window,

and Reina is worth closer to £0 than he is £20m, ridiculous valuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think he's talking about Suarez, just phrased poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think the first line was about Pepe while the rest was about Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Sorry, my post should have if Barca want SUAREZ! not Pepe!

Also, if Sanchez doesnt want to come, lets get out of that race now and leave it be. We should have learnt our lesson chasing round after players like a drunken eejit looking for their chance at getting a shift at closing time on a sat night in coppers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Hey guys, just noticed mike65 closed his account, what happened nearly 100k posts!

Can we have a new sticky?

"Mike is gone. Deal with it!"

also how long is suarez contracted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

All this talk of Spurs failing last year and not replacing Bale etc...they still only finished 3 points worse off than they did the season before and that was with Sherwood as their manager for half the season. I'd snap your bollocks off for us to finish on 81 points next season with or without Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hey guys, just noticed mike65 closed his account, what happened nearly 100k posts!

Turned out he was a Spurs fan all along. Double agent.

No wonder the nabbed so many of our players, and we're only now starting to get our own back.

I am pie wrote: »

Eh, i'm not in here much. Last time I was was to congratulate you guys on a really good season. :confused::confused:

Forget I asked...

Eh, i'm not in here much. Last time I was was to congratulate you guys on a really good season. :confused::confused:

Forget I asked...

We're actually not sure. Some folks said he got a ban, and so he was probably just sick of it.

There was even a thread in AH about him. Its a shame to see him leave, as he was a good contributor and obviously was around boards for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BrjC-TxIIAA58WY.jpg

If you want one!

link

Knex. wrote: »
    We're actually not sure. Some folks said he got a ban, and so he was probably just sick of it.

There was even a thread in AH about him. Its a shame to see him leave, as he was a good contributor and obviously was around boards for so long.

Cheers.. Must have had the most posts on site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I am pie wrote: »

Who the F is Mike??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

BrjC-TxIIAA58WY.jpg

If you want one!

link
    Can you get one in a Barca jersey?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Can you get one in a Barca jersey?

Only if you write them an apology when you buy this one first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

murpho999 wrote: »
    I hope this Suarez stuff gets done quickly so that we can be put out of our misery and club can get to work on replacements.

With Suarez not being able to play until the end of October, Barca can happily wait right up to the transfer window closing. Cards would appear to be in their hands...

greendom wrote: »
    With Suarez not being able to play until the end of October, Barca can happily wait right up to the transfer window closing. Cards would appear to be in their hands...

haha watch the ban get reduced to international matches as soon as he signs for Barca.

absolute shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Suarez isn't likely to go on strike, though (after all our support, it would look absolutely ridiculous). Any noise from Barca about how a disgruntled player would perform can just be countered by the very example of Suarez last season; desperate to leave, forced to stay, and is Player of the Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

egghead. wrote: »
    I feel for Liverpool the way barca are going about it, done the same with fabregas, even reina got in on the act.

Horrible club.

Worked out well for him, ejeet.

• Advertisement

Suarez isn't likely to go on strike, though (after all our support, it would look absolutely ridiculous). Any noise from Barca about how a disgruntled player would perform can just be countered by the very example of Suarez last season; desperate to leave, forced to stay, and is Player of the Year.
    He doesn't need to go on strike though, his tools have been downed for him.

The point I was making is that Suarez won't be able to train, let alone play with his Barca team mates until well into the season, so they wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to bring him in until the end of August. Added to that there is little competition for him from other clubs so if Liverpool want to sell, and especially if they want to sell quickly, the valuation will be closer to that of the buyer rather than that of the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

His tools have been downed...did I miss something?

The point I was making is that Suarez won't be able to train, let alone play with his Barca team mates until well into the season, so they wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to bring him in until the end of August. Added to that there is little competition for him from other clubs so if Liverpool want to sell, and especially if they want to sell quickly, the valuation will be closer to that of the buyer rather than that of the seller.
    I don't see any reason at all why Liverpool would want to sell quickly, though. Sure we were in a (similar) position last year and held firm, I don't see why we wouldn't now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Turtyturd wrote: »

I hope not, Suarez's missus expects all the odd jobs to be done while he's banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dont see how its the buyer who decides the price...

Especially if there is only one buyer, there is a release clause there, so if they want to buy him, stump it up or **** off. They can wait til August, the price will be the same.

I don't see any reason at all why Liverpool would want to sell quickly, though. Sure we were in a (similar) position last year and held firm, I don't see why we wouldn't now.

murpho999 wants it done quickly, that's what generated my initial comment

• Advertisement

"to down tools' is another way of saying to go on strike, but you knew that already

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Dont see how its the buyer who decides the price...

Especially if there is only one buyer, there is a release clause there, so if they want to buy him, stump it up or **** off. They can wait til August, the price will be the same.

my comment was in response to murpho999 who wanted the deal done quickly. If the Liverpool board feel the same, they will need to get closer to Barca's valuation. If not this will roll on until the end of August, I imagine.

He has gone on strike.... did I miss something?

He doesn't need to go on strike because he will be banned, Turtyturd

He has gone on strike.... did I miss something?

no he didn't - you miss nothing - obviously !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    All this talk of Spurs failing last year and not replacing Bale etc...they still only finished 3 points worse off than they did the season before and that was with Sherwood as their manager for half the season.
    FYI - Sherwood had a better second half of the season than AVB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

my comment was in response to murpho999 who wanted the deal done quickly. If the Liverpool board feel the same, they will need to get closer to Barca's valuation. If not this will roll on until the end of August, I imagine.

I don't really care if it drags on, so long as we squeez every last ounce out of the deal.

Barca have made signing Suarez a priority and have been very public with it. That puts a certain amount of pressure on them to get the deal done.

no he didn't - you miss nothing - obviously !

So you're talking rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Has the Lallana deal gone through yet? Why cant I see him in Fifa14?

So you're talking rubbish?

As an Arsenal fan, it's all I'm capable of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Micah Richards to be let go on the cheap - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124256

Ourselves, West Ham, Newcastle and Spurs are apparently in for him. I'd have him.

As an Arsenal fan, it's all I'm capable of

Careful now, they won't see the joke and will turn on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

I really hope the talk of sanchez not wanting liverpool arent true. To lose suarez and see arsenal get sanchez would be a huge blow.At the end of season, I so positive about the future despite the cruel manner of losing out to City. With SSS leading the line the future was bright and hoped BR would strengthen the few areas that needed depth. Hard to believe how much it come crashing down in the last couple weeks,especially if he leaves for Barca.

Suarez simply cant be replaced. Hes the best player ive ever seen at liverpool and no matter how prem teams tried to play him outta games he still scored buckets. How many goals did he score from nothing situations, chasing defenders into mistakes (Everton, stoke etc) .He doesnt get injured and runs himself into the ground. 80m wont buy a replacement full stop.

Maybe it just Im not convinced yet by Rodgers transfer policy to date (sturridge and Cou exceptions) or the fact we have had so many poor windows in the years few years, but i worry would that 80m would get diluted by players "with potential" and the team would be have more depth overall but lose that incredible presence that surez gives us. Either way i hope against hope there way be a way back for Luis yet if not we have to sign a world class replacement. Im not sure we have the pulling power yet after so many outta CL to attract the real top names.Sanchez and Shaqiri would certainly soften the blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think he meant Shakiri.....get in the game Coulson.

According to James Horncastle it's pronounced Sha-cheery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Luis is or was a fantastic player for liverpool, one of the best ive seen but for some reason from day one i never took to him

For some reason? This is waaaaaaaaayyyy beyond stupid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement