Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see any reason at all why Liverpool would want to sell quickly, though. Sure we were in a (similar) position last year and held firm, I don't see why we wouldn't now.

I think it's inevitable that he's going to go and I think it's better if he goes now so they have time to react rather than wait till mid August.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    All this talk of Spurs failing last year and not replacing Bale etc...they still only finished 3 points worse off than they did the season before and that was with Sherwood as their manager for half the season. I'd snap your bollocks off for us to finish on 81 points next season with or without Suarez.

This.

I'd happily take 83 points right now for next season. Either Suarez will be gone or won't be available for 3 months of the season anyhow (when you take not being able to train into account).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

This place is becoming likeva teen angst movie
    People feeling sick and heartbroken because a professional athlete wants to leave one employer for another.

Ease up on the Dawsons Creek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hidalgo wrote: »
    People feeling sick and heartbroken because a professional athlete wants to leave one employer for another.

bcgif22.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think it's inevitable that he's going to go and I think it's better if he goes now so they have time to react rather than wait till mid August.

I have to disagree, murpho. First we buy the replacements and then announce he is leaving, if indeed he is going. This will reduce our chances of being held over a barrel with all clubs we are trying to purchase from knowing we have X amount of money available to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Such a stupid post. The clubs losing its best player perhaps and i wouldnt begrudge anyone being gutted about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rumour is £56 million bid been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Derisory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Are they having a laugh?

5live wrote: »
    I have to disagree, murpho. First we buy the replacements and then announce he is leaving, if indeed he is going. This will reduce our chances of being held over a barrel with all clubs we are trying to purchase from knowing we have X amount of money available to spend.

Why would you buy replacements unless you know they are needed and also you need to know how much money you have.

Buy out clause might be in contract but I'm sure Barcelona are negotiating staged payments and add-ons etc.

Best to get it done quickly so we can get it with it.

People who think Suarez is not leaving are dreaming in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Is that a Neymar £56 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

56m pesetas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

diceyd wrote: »
    56m pesetas?

Very clearly a pound sterling symbol in Redbaron's post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

What are they smoking over at the Nou Camp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »

If Temple Bar is anything to go by, they're passing around one cheap rollie between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If they've offered £56m then I can only conclude they've never seen him play. Eejits.

Mes que un stick it up yer holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

mosstin wrote: »

it's called negotiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hold-productive-talks-7362550

Suarez is gone for about 70-75m. Looks like we might not get Sanchez either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

dawson_crying.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We should put in a £9m bid for Messi and when Barca ask Liverpool if it's a joke they can say, "Well ye fúckin' started it!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's €70 million, fits in with some of the rumours the past week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Guardian is reporting 70 million sterling (no nothing to do with Raheem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No its 75m pounds or 45m plus Sanchez ( who hasn't dedcided what to do yet).

BrkdudPCAAArM6g.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Andy Hunter of the Guardian is usually on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Need to get rid of him quickly and for as much as possible. When the next incident happens whoever is holding his registration is shagged.

Should we not be buying a few defenders ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

MD1990 wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hold-productive-talks-7362550

Suarez is gone for about 70-75m. Looks like we might not get Sanchez either.

Well twas fun while it lasted, a whole lot of fun. I for one wish him all the best if he does go. He has contributed to the closest title challenge I have ever experienced as a pool fan. He is irreplaceable in the sense that we will not get a player that is clearly in the top 3 in the world or even top 5, but he is not irrieplaceable in the sense that we can still go on to achieve our targets without him in the team. We were by no means a one man team even tho he contributed so much himself. We also had the second top goalscorer in the league last season for example, not to mention the likes of Coutinho and Sterling, both of whoms potential is very very high. If we invest the money wisely there is no reason this has to be seen as such a massive step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Very clearly a pound sterling symbol in Redbaron's post.

It was a joke man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

"BREAKING: Barcelona have made an initial £72m cash offer for Luis Suarez. More to follow #LFC
    "
    twitter account of daily mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Surely it will change Rodgers transfer plans if we sell Suarez. Once we don't do a Spurs and bring in a load of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Surely it will change Rodgers transfer plans if we sell Suarez. Once we don't do a Spurs and bring in a load of players.

I think the club already knew he was going this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

theballz wrote: »
    it's called negotiation.

**** negotiation. It's 80 mil or whatever the release clause is. Take it or leave it and there won;t be too many tears shed over here if the leave it.

None of this "start at 56 and see if they'll meet us half way" ****.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sounds like the deal will be concluded sooner rather than later as everyone wants it to happen. Including Liverpool.

Will be very very difficult to replace and I'm a bit underwhelmed by our proposed list of targets (apart from Sanchez who might not even come). Seems like a lot of players with potential who may or may not work out.

We were actually linked with bigger names last Summer when we had no Champions League football to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It seems like most papers are saying £70M and one confused it with €70M which is £56M. I am sure it was £70M...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sounds like the deal will be concluded sooner rather than later as everyone wants it to happen. Including Liverpool.

Will be very very difficult to replace and I'm a bit underwhelmed by our proposed list of targets (apart from Sanchez who might not even come). Seems like a lot of players with potential who may or may not work out.

We were actually linked with bigger names last Summer when we had no Champions League football.

Very difficult to replace?

Impossible to replace.

Great, the neighbours just saw that we won the lotto.

We are gonna regret selling him next May imo.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Great, the neighbours just saw that we won the lotto.

20M for Moses

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We are gonna regret selling him next May imo.

If we didn't we'd then face another bout of Suarez wantng away.

This is the 2nd season in a row he's wanted away.

Don't forget this fecker wanted to go to Arsenal last season.

It's best we get this done now, even though he's a brilliant player. We can't have this attitude all the time.

He bites people too and gets suspended by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dickerty wrote: »
    It seems like most papers are saying £70M and one confused it with €70M which is £56M. I am sure it was £70M...

The Guardian and Echo would be more reliable. So 70 or 60 million sterling opening offer. I'd say it'll be around 75 ml. In the end. The club need to do everyhing they can to get Sanchez. What wages would he be on?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

20M for Moses

2m and youve a deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

A like for like replacement simply isnt on the cards.
    Just because a player can't be directly replaced doesn't necessarily mean you go backwards. If you strengthen other areas such as all across the back 4 the loss of goals at one end can be softened by less at the other.

I know this is said every window but how this windfall is spent could determine Liverpools fate for the next 3 or more seasons.

murpho999 wrote: »
    If we didn't we'd then face another bout of Suarez wantng away.

This is the 2nd season in a row he's wanted away.

Don't forget this fecker wanted to go to Arsenal last season.

It's best we get this done now, even though he's a brilliant player. We can't have this attitude all the time.

He bites people too and gets suspended by the way.

He has the best winning mentality of anyone at the club. That's enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

diceyd wrote: »
    It was a joke man

Likewise.

He has the best winning mentality of anyone at the club. That's enough for me.

He wants to leave for the second summer in a row. That's enough for me.

He's banned for the second start of the season in row too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Other clubs gonna add a few extra million to their valuations when we bid for their players. Liverpool not going to go above their own valuation. Then we end up panic buying Andy Carroll at the last minute. The future is bright!

The thing I will miss most, and it's something that will not be replaced are those goals he just took for himself out of nothing.

"Nope, Mine, Thanks, Goal".

See you round you magnificent little bastard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Tony Barrett said on Talksport earlier that the Lovren interest is still there, and there should be more news by the end of the week!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement