Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hey egghead. Welcome aboard. Before you know it you'll calling people Sap and be posting Panda gifs and and wierd obscure WWF ( it'll always be F to me) references.

Sakho is an awkward beast !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't expect to hear about it til Barrack Obama announces they dumped his body out at sea.

I'm not defending Suarez but the reactions of some I've experienced today is incredible.

Rugby supporters saying it would never happen in their game and shows how Rugby is superior.

People on Boards who seem to see footballers as morale guardians in their life and that their on field behaviour is indicative of their total character even though most footballers are completely different to their on pitch competitive persona.

A players actions on the pitch is indicative of the club's morales and ethics.
    Biting someone is worse than head-butting or breaking someone's leg and he should be banned for laugh.

These people simply cannot be argued or reasoned with.

Suarez clearly has an issue, needs help and deserved an appropriate punishment. Talk of a life ban is completely ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

You lot are a disgrace. Making your cliquey 'in jokes', defending racist divebiters, and jumping down the throat of honest football fans who only want the club's dignity and reputation preserved and to be spared from filthy scumbags like Louis Saurez and Aly Sissahko.

Many posters infact the majority do not always know that posts like this are so called "In Jokes" and as a result we have gotten many many reported posts for this and other such posts.

You should be very careful with your in jokes from now on because if you are seen to be attacking other posters, players etc in posts those posts will be acted upon and could result in warnings or worse.

Such jokes dont just create a headache for mods in terms of having to work out if your serious etc but other posters who perhaps arent in on the joke see them and think such insults etc are ok and act in a similar way elsewhere. This will also then lead to issues with regards consistancy too.

If its against the charter don't do it, even if it's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm not defending Suarez but the reactions of some I've experienced today is incredible.

Rugby supporters saying it would never happen in their game and shows how Rugby is superior.

People on Boards who seem to see footballers as morale guardians in their life and that their on field behaviour is indicative of their total character even though most footballers are completely different to their on pitch competitive persona.

Biting someone is worse than head-butting or breaking someone's leg and he should be banned for laugh.

Suarez clearly has an issue, needs help and deserved an appropriate punishment. Talk of a life ban is completely ridiculous.

Chap in work think his kids should be taken away for their own safety. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hey egghead. Welcome aboard. Before you know it you'll calling people Sap and be posting Panda gifs and and wierd obscure WWF ( it'll always be F to me) references.

Sakho is an awkward beast !

Awkward elbows.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good article here on why Liverpool should sell Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any chance we could nab matuidi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Good article here on why Liverpool should sell Suarez.

2b5p.jpg

Dave Phillips ‏@lovefutebol 1m
    One way or another #lfc players are conspiring to not participate beyond the group stage. #ENG exit, Suarez and Sakho face bans

Pand out here on the couch, watching this useless match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »

I can't help but laugh at the responses.

The truth is that you, me, or any other regular poster on this forum could have named the 3-5 "football" fans who would be most vocal in their faux outrage.

The whole 'the club has lost me respect' and 'if they had any morals they would sell him' is bullsh*t of the highest order, and little more than them projecting what they want to happen as what the club 'should' do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Vicxas wrote: »

He makes Henderson look lazy!! Would love to see him in a Liverpool team.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can't help but laugh at the responses.

The truth is that you, me, or any other regular poster on this forum could have named the 3-5 "football" fans who would be most vocal in their faux outrage.

The whole 'the club has lost me respect' and 'if they had any morals they would sell him' is bullsh*t of the highest order, and little more than them projecting what they want to happen as what the club 'should' do.

The Three Amigos with Laurel & Hardy bolted on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why would Sakho be facing a ban?

naughtb4 wrote: »

Something to do with Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

naughtb4 wrote: »

Impersonating another footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This article was published in May and the quote refers to an article that was published last year.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10984370/portrait-serial-winner-luis-suarez-soccer-most-beautiful-player
    A more responsible newspaper, the Toronto Star, toning down the rhetoric, said this: "He's the diviest, whiniest, annoyingest player on Earth. Though there are plenty of aspirants, he is easily the most hated man in football. ... North of his feet, there is nothing good about Suarez. He couldn't be more awful if he came out of the tunnel twirling mustachios."

The two most well-known examples of said awfulness are, of course, the two times he bit opponents on the field. In November 2010, playing for Ajax in Amsterdam, he bit midfielder Otman Bakkal on the shoulder during an argument. Suarez never played for Ajax again. Less than three years later, now with Liverpool and jockeying in front of the goal in a match against Chelsea, he sank his teeth into the right forearm of Branislav Ivanovic. Both times, Suarez responded to the normal action of the game with a completely inappropriate, nutty overreaction.

Beyond the biting, he dives, famously and often, flailing on the ground if a defender even thinks of touching him, and there's the entire debate in England about whether he's a racist. Playing Manchester United, he reportedly called Patrice Evra negrito -- "little black" -- and, after finishing serving his suspension for racially abusing an opponent, he refused to shake Evra's hand before a match. The same newspaper, the Toronto Star, in the same piece, also wrote: "He will do something insane at this summer's World Cup -- mark it down. ... Eventually, he'll punch a baby."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Washington; your sarcasm is bad, and you should feel bad.

Getting us all in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Last jan would have been the time. Think his contract was up this summer but he signed a new one before the window closed in Jan.
    His name was mentioned a few times then abyways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I issued a warning in the United thread when Suarez was involved in controversy last night; namely, there was no reason to discuss it in the United Superthread.

Likewise, what any United player does at the World Cup has no bearing on the Liverpool Superthread, so I'm deleting posts, and that's the end of that discussion, ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Knex. wrote: »
    Washington; your sarcasm is bad, and you should feel bad.

Getting us all in trouble.

Sarcasm?

This post is a joke. Do not take literally.

will_ferrell_punching_a_baby_in_the_movie_the_campaign-9292.gif

Sarcasm?

This post is a joke. Do not take literally.

You rapscallion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Thank god Valencia signed a new contract with Utd and the link with us last week has stopped. We couldn't have a player with his thuggish behaviour at the club. Lucky escape for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sahko's played really in this tournament. I hope he brings this quality back to Anfield next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Last jan would have been the time. Think his contract was up this summer but he signed a new one before the window closed in Jan.
    His name was mentioned a few times then abyways

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Retro punishment? :cool:

What, like putting him in the stocks or trying him as a witch? Think thumbscrews were in vogue for a while too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You lot are a disgrace. Making your cliquey 'in jokes', defending racist divebiters, and jumping down the throat of honest football fans who only want the club's dignity and reputation preserved and to be spared from filthy scumbags like Louis Saurez and Aly Sissahko.

We are Liverpool Tra La La La La
    We are Liverpool Traaaa La La La La La
    We are Liverpool Tra La La La La
    We're the worst football fans in the world
    YES WE ARE!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Many posters infact the majority do not always know that posts like this are so called "In Jokes" and as a result we have gotten many many reported posts for this and other such posts.

You should be very careful with your in jokes from now on because if you are seen to be attacking other posters, players etc in posts those posts will be acted upon and could result in warnings or worse.

Such jokes dont just create a headache for mods in terms of having to work out if your serious etc but other posters who perhaps arent in on the joke see them and think such insults etc are ok and act in a similar way elsewhere. This will also then lead to issues with regards consistancy too.

If its against the charter don't do it, even if it's a joke

Well said....

Fancy a bit of sausage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hat trick from

shakira-target-poster.jpg

Shaqiririririririririri 3-0

Tony Barrett on twitter - "Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Belgium international Divock Origi. Spurs are also interested but Liverpool lead the race."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Bad miss from Pogba.

Are we linked with him or not again, don't want to get in more trouble?

Barrett just tweeted we are leading the race to sign Origi. :)

Nuri must be reaching for the Kleenex to clean himself up

Yawns wrote: »
    Well said....

Fancy a bit of sausage?

tumblr_inline_mp4dq3tt321qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Agueroooo wrote: »

I just saw that tweet. I don't know much about him to be honest. What's he like ?

100 times better than Lukaku if the World Cup is anything to go by.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Barely seen him except for the bits n bobs in the World Cup, to be fair. Lille were on for a few Friday games last season , so I managed to have them on in the background as I also had money on them and I genuinely cannot recall seeing him play for them or even hearing his name. He's looked good though so far. Pace, power, skill, holds the ball up very well, etc, all the age of 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Origi will be loaned back to Lille apparently.

• Advertisement

Never seen him myself before the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wonder what he would cost? Looked great in his cameos for Belgium but he's only 19. Could be great but could be the next Ryan Babel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looks like we are starting to do what chelsea do and stock pile young talent. Origi is definitely one for the future.

How much are we paying for 19yr olds from Lille these days?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Origi will be listed back to Lille apparently.

That's no fun apart from stopping Arsenal getting him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wonder what he would cost? Looked great in his cameos for Belgium but he's only 19. Could be great but could be the next Ryan Babel.

The origamicopter.

I've done the YouTube on him and I reckon Danny Welbeck models himself on Divock Origi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I've done the YouTube on him and I reckon Danny Welbeck models himself on Divock Origi :)

Danny welbeck models himself on wesley snipes in demolition man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I must say I was really impressed with his appearances for Belgium. He replaced Lukaku and looked much better.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Babel only could play one way. Head down.

Origi seems to have to something Ryan lacked, football IQ and appreciation of teammates around him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement