Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

Odds on Suarez getting his ban either reduced or suspended altogether after he joins Barca?

1/1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

MD1990 wrote: »
    If we could get our targets.Our team would be something like

______________Mignolet_____________
    Flanagan____Lovren___Sakho____Moreno
    ______________Gerrard______________
    ______Henderson_______Coutinho/Lallana
    _____________Sterling_______________
    _______Sanchez________Sturridge______

Its a big If. But it would a team capable of challenging for the PL imo.
    We could do with another DM. I think De Jong could a cheap & a good signing.

That team is tasty! I'd also be happy with De Jong coming in. We've needed steel like that in the midfield for a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

punk_one82 wrote: »
    That team is tasty! I'd also be happy with De Jong coming in. We've needed steel like that in the midfield for a very long time.

He's another one with only a year left on his deal, and only 29 years of age?
    Would allow us to part with Lucas, who we would get a decent fee for, and give Can time to get settled in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Odds on Suarez getting his ban either reduced or suspended altogether after he joins Barca?

Where can I place money? Blatter has already come out and said he admires Suarez's apology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andersonisgod and his poetic musings on Suarez playing with Barcelona will be fun to read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mormank wrote: »
    I wonder why people are compelled to write posts maximising the significance of significance of his departure? I guess opinions are there to be shared, especially on an internet forum. But seriously, i think the last 20 years of supporting the pool has worn you down to a point where positive thinking is just too painful for you to even contemplate! :(

Yeah this is clearly a positive and happy time. Losing one of the current best three players in the world and arguably the most talented player to ever play for the club is a good thing. Pass me the party cake and novelty hat post haste!! :rolleyes:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah this is clearly a positive and happy time. Losing one of the current best three players in the world and arguably the most talented player to ever play for the club is a good thing. Pass me the party cake and novelty hat post haste!! :rolleyes:

Maybe cause, as in life, it's better to find the positive in something than to be a downer about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Suarez leaving is heaven for the harbingers of doom, it's promises a purple patch of misery only rivalled by the arrival of BR as manager.

Swallow us whole blackness, it is time! Mwwwuuahahahahaha.

Hopefully we dont ruin it for them again, by winning football matches and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

10509547_10152487880044242_2659630002365237198_n.jpg

• Advertisement

To put it another way, if we add Lallana, Lambert, Can, Moreno, Sanchez and Lovren or Shaqiri, and we only lose Suarez, I couldn't be unhappy. Particularly when we KNEW Suarez would leave at some stage, PLUS he's just gotten a 4 month ban for ANOTHER moment of madness!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I just dropped in to see what condition my conditition is in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

NukaCola wrote: »
    Flanagan should only be a back up. He does a job but isn't quality. If we are getting a CB then one of Agger/Skrtel would need to go I'd imagine.

Also have we signed Can? Thats DM sorted I would think.

I would take Flanagan as a starter for 6 months and see how he does . Time to give the lad abit of confidence . He has got to be better then glen Johnson .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I am pie wrote: »
    Suarez leaving is heaven for the harbingers of doom, it's promises a purple patch of misery only rivalled by the arrival of BR as manager.

Hopefully we dont ruin it for them again, by winning football matches and stuff.

Exactly...

Had Suarez of gone last season we would have been in a far worse place then we are now, I'm just numb to him leaving at this stage - I've been bracing myself for it the last 2 years of this day coming, so this isn't as bad as Torres going for me, that hurt a lot more, as it was Chelsea....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Exactly...

Had Suarez of gone last season we would have been in a far worse place then we are now, I'm just numb to him leaving at this stage - I've been bracing myself for it the last 2 years of this day coming, so this isn't as bad as Torres going for me, that hurt a lot more, as it was Chelsea....

Exactly ! LFC can shop in the top bracket of players who will only sign for a club in the champions league .
    I don't want to see Suarez go but sometimes you do have to accept it and tbh he is better off going to Real Madrid . Him , bale and Ronaldo would be lethal . Plus being managed by Ancelotti too is a huge plus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Exactly ! LFC can shop in the top bracket of players who will only sign for a club in the champions league .
    I don't want to see Suarez go but sometimes you do have to accept it and tbh he is better off going to Real Madrid . Him , bale and Ronaldo would be lethal . Plus being managed by Ancelotti too is a huge plus .

Is it not looking like barca that he's off too?

I also think if we look back to this time last year most people said they wouldn't begrude him his dream move to Spain if he got us CL football.

Now no one wants to see him go.

He did help us get CL football and his dream move to Spain seems on and we will get double the money we would have got last year.

So as hard as it is to see him leave this is the world of football now.

Is it not looking like barca that he's off too?

Oh it is a move to barca but he is better off going to Madrid if you ask me . If messi doesn't like him that's his career down the swanny .
    Once he leaves I won't worry about him .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I'm going to look at Suarez leaving differently.

We got his best years out of him. He is 26 and only going to get slower, is a bit one paced, and that knee injury is the first of all the injuries that will plague him for the rest of his career.

Also he'll probably decapitate Pepe in the El Clasico and be banned for life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am pie wrote: »

To borrow a phrase from the modern day poet that is hangballlouie, another season of blue balls for "football" fans would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not that I am happy to be losing a world class player because I'm not but if we get between 70M to 80M for a player with chronic discipline issues and who is 28 at the turn of the year then I'd find it difficult to have a go at the club about it. They did everything to accommodate him and more.

If a player really really wants to leave he will get his move eventually. We managed to hold onto him for probably a season longer than we could have. Family wise it's a dream move for him with the in laws living in Barcelona already. He's got a home there already so doesn't even have to go house hunting. Football wise who knows? He won't be the main man at Barecelona and as fantastic a line-up as it looks on paper who knows how those personalities will mesh.

That said I don't really care. Once he's gone he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

monkey9 wrote: »
    'Rot' in the Liverpool first eleven??? Poor phrasing there.

Twas a joke, much like the whole thing of us selling our best player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I suppose we have to be an appealing destination for young footballers anyway, we give you a chance, if you are good enough the sky (or madrid/barca) is your limit. We should throw all the Suarez money at Pogba, just to annoy Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Daily Fail is reporting Barcelona have offered €72M. I'd say they're just plucking figures from the sky but it looks about right.

As long as we have a clause in that we can buy him back on the cheap the next time he bites someone.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Daily Fail is reporting Barcelona have offered €72M. I'd say they're just plucking figures from the sky but it looks about right.

As long as we have a clause in that we can buy him back on the cheap the next time he bites someone.

+ Sanchez yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

gimli2112 wrote: »

I would much prefer the £70-75M that is being touted elsewhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Seems our interest in Sanchez has come later than both Juventus and Arsenal, that plus the London factor gives those two clubs a head start in swaying Sanchez preference according to Northcroft from the Times. Juventus being his absolute number one preferred choice.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Seems our interest in Sanchez has come later than both Juventus and Arsenal, that plus the London factor gives those two clubs a head start in swaying Sanchez preference according to Northcroft from the Times. Juventus being his absolute number one preferred choice.

Well then if he doen't want to come to Liverpool we tell Barca to sell to Juventus not our direct rivals in England.

Then we use the Suarez money to buy Pogba and Vidal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered with Sanchez if location is such a big issue. Never a good indicator.

Brn-aXFIgAAwf9L.jpg:large

And picture of him leaning to absolute confirm it is indeed a done deal.

BroAQ0KCYAAwWg5.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hefferboi called it. Can is a darkhorse for the hair awards.

Weeks ago I remember reading his preference if he had to leave Barca was to go back to Italy. Then maybe to London if he had to go anywhere in England.

Knex. wrote: »
    Hefferboi called it. Can is a darkhorse for the hair awards.

The champ is here....

raheem.jpg

Weeks ago I remember reading his preference if he had to leave Barca was to go back to Italy. Then maybe to London if he had to go anywhere in England.

That's probably an attempt to get Chelsea to bite.

Can's hair is worth 5M alone. Luxurious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thank god for the leaning shot, we can rest easy lads... :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wait until him and Brad start exchange pomade tips. Buffont quiffs all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Do people who are familiar with Can think he'll be a creative midfielder or destructive midfielder? Or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The champ is here....

raheem.jpg
    Cat's love child......

th?id=HN.608045705782102531&pid=15.1

brevity wrote: »
    Do people who are familiar with Can think he'll be a creative midfielder or destructive midfielder? Or both?

CM who does a bit everything.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ross from friends levels of gel though, loses points there imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

brevity wrote: »

I've heard from those that follow the Bundesliga that he's being hyped as the German Yaya Toure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've heard from those that follow the Bundesliga that he's being hyped as the German Yaya Toure.

JaJa Toure ?

I wouldn't say the rugby jersey sponsors would be too happy with Can so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jaysus, he's a bit of a mumbler.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's your MF covered for a few years. Two very decent signings in Lallana and Can who are coming into their best years.

Little bit jealous of this tbh.

"Now stare at the trophy. STARE. We own that, did you know that??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How much did can cost ?

That's your MF covered for a few years. Two very decent signings in Lallana and Can who are coming into their best years.

Little bit jealous of this tbh.

Chelsea fan? I don't think you need to worry, Matic and Fabregas will see you good!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement