Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

How much did can cost ?

About £10m. But you get 5p if you bring it back for recycling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

10462677_10152534111044138_3338057831117496844_n.jpg

That's it lad. Just stare at the trophy.

Keep looking, that's it .

Damn. Beaten to the joke.

I'll get my revenge Dickerty

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Muniain agrees new Athletic contract for anyone here hoping we'd consider him. Would much rather Griezmann anyway, assuming we miss out on Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered with Sanchez if location is such a big issue. Never a good indicator.

Tbf, it's not the colour of the shirt or something menial that's a potential issue for him, it's where both himself and his family are glinting to be based for the next few years. Anyone would have reservations, particularly someone from as different a background as Sanchez.

I wouldn't be too keen myself on sacrificing living in Barcelona for living in Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

10462677_10152534111044138_3338057831117496844_n.jpg

That's it lad. Just stare at the trophy.

Keep looking, that's it .

Damn. Beaten to the joke.

I'll get my revenge Dickerty

Now go forth and win us another just like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Muniain agrees new Athletic contract for anyone here hoping we'd consider him. Would much rather Griezmann anyway, assuming we miss out on Sanchez.

We don't seem to have been linked with Griezmann at all and I would imagine he's the most "gettable" of all the big names that might be available. Think his release clause is 30M though so maybe we don't value him at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We don't seem to have been linked with Griezmann at all and I would imagine he's the most "gettable" of all the big names that might be available. Think his release clause is 30M though so maybe we don't value him at that price?

I think if we were buying Suarez we wouldn't value him at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

No number for Emre? (Number 7 maybe :()

10521328_10152660225997573_3830103281649143155_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Tbf, it's not the colour of the shirt or something menial that's a potential issue for him, it's where both himself and his family are glinting to be based for the next few years. Anyone would have reservations, particularly someone from as different a background as Sanchez.

I wouldn't be too keen myself on sacrificing living in Barcelona for living in Liverpool

Even less so if you were a spanish speaking south american to whom the history of Liverpool FC means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The champ is here....

raheem.jpg

Little(er) Richard?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Don't know about his clause, but I had imagined it'd be in and around 25M to get Griezmann. We were linked with him on a couple of occasions over the last couple of years though, as recently as a month, possibly two months ago. PSG were said to be very keen to sign him, but there is talk in Spain that he'll be happy to remain at Sociedad for another season, mainly thanks to his best mate Vela staying. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Not sure if mentioned but Valdes failed his medical at Monaco... Seems the most likely destination for Reina now i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure if mentioned but Valdes failed his medical at Monaco... Seems the most likely destination for Reina now i guess

He'll pass it in a few weeks would be my guess he is still recovering from an injury.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't know about his clause, but I had imagined it'd be in and around 25M to get Griezmann. We were linked with him on a couple of occasions over the last couple of years though, as recently as a month, possibly two months ago. PSG were said to be very keen to sign him, but there is talk in Spain that he'll be happy to remain at Sociedad for another season, mainly thanks to his best mate Vela staying. Make of that what you will.

I have a feeling that whoever misses out on Sanchez out of Liverpool and Arsenal will probably turn their attentions to Griezmann. He seems like the logical alternative and both clubs have been strongly linked to him in the past couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Wage hike & Champs League ought to be enough to tempt him away from his bestie.

Nothing will happen there whilst France are still in the WC and if he keeps turning games around for them his value, and Pogba's value, are only heading north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

More pics:

4520__1777__emre1000j_513X307.jpg

7f7ae9b1752621af55fb5702ad712ab0.png

sahin05.jpg

7171__1522__emre1000e_513X307.jpg

Well he's still recovering from his ACL, isn't he? As a free agent, they could just sign him when he's fully recovered and use their current squad for now?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apparently although Suarez is not allowed to anything football related, he has been granted permission by Fifa to do something football related....have a medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

He's not too good at leaning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

7f7ae9b1752621af55fb5702ad712ab0.png

Can don't lean.

Badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't lean....he's balancing Melwood on his perfect hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

More pics:
    sahin05.jpg

lol, did you intentionally sneak in a Nuri picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

tok9 wrote: »
    lol did you intentionally sneak in a Nuri picture?

Haha...that should be some kind of personality test - "Did you notice the Nuri Sahin in one of the pictures"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nuri Sahin, there was one bitter disappointment.

tok9 wrote: »
    lol did you intentionally sneak in a Nuri picture?

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Was looking back at Top 25 goals of the season compliation - some seasons, that would have been 15 max!

Suarez was involved in a lot, but about the same as Sturridge, and Sterling & Stevie not far behind.
    All is not lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

So now that we have all more or less agreed we're better off without Suarez, we can start to look forward.

I think if we look back to the start of last season, when Coutinho was playing behind Sturridge, it might show the best way to adjust the team in the absence of the guy who we're better off without anyway.

Arguably Coutinho's best spell at the club was during this period, himself and Sturridge developed a really good understanding. He's a master of the pass in behind/through ball. With Sterling also offering pace in behind, we might be ok in the goals department.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

brevity wrote: »
    Do people who are familiar with Can think he'll be a creative midfielder or destructive midfielder? Or both?

I'm not familiar with him (never seen him play), but I did write a bit about him a month or so back in relation to his stats.

The one thing that really stood out was his amounts of dribbles-per-game, which was very high, which suggests he's a ball-carrying midfielder in the mould of Diame, Dembele, Barkley.

He likes to drive forward with the ball. This is something none of our other CMs do, so it's a different dimension, a different element to our midfield at the very least.

More detailed posts I wrote about him if you're interested (remember this is purely a reading of stats and is not based on any viewing I've had of him, but that particular stat definitely seems to suggest he likes to run/drive with the ball):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90698008&postcount=7025

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90698451&postcount=7035

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think Falcoa will go to Madrid.
    I think suares will go to Barca
    I think Benzema will go to Monaco
    I think arsenal will by Remy on the cheap
    So that just leaves sanches to go to Juve. I think we should be able to get him...i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Augmerson wrote: »
    I just dropped in to see what condition my conditition is in....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Bowlardo wrote: »
    So that just leaves sanches to go to Juve. I think we should be able to get him...i hope

Absoilutely unpossible imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to us buying Remy!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

kfallon wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't be opposed to us buying Remy!
    I'm suprised that more clubs aren't linked with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

If Can has time to lean he has time to clean, get that lad a brush quick, let's see what his work ethic is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Any thoughts on Theo Walcott?

Just a bit of tittle tattle going around that an enquiry was made about him.

Personally I rate the guy, and have to admit to that as my old posts would catch me out otherwise:), and his finishing has improved a lot in recent years.

Suarez out? Walcott, a quality centre back, and a quality full back in with the Suarez money?

Not in anyway comparing Walcott with Suarez in terms of ability, but what would people think if Suarez out meant two quality additions to the back line, along with Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kess73 wrote: »

Personally I rate the guy, and have to admit to that as my old posts would catch me out otherwise:), and his finishing has improved a lot in recent years.

Suarez out? Walcott, a quality centre back, and a quality full back in with the Suarez money?

Not in anyway comparing Walcott with Suarez in terms of ability, but what would people think if Suarez out meant two quality additions to the back line, along with Walcott.

Arsenal would never let us near Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Walcott, Sturridge and Sterling as a front three!! There would be serious pace in that attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Any thoughts on Theo Walcott?.

What would we want with an F1 driver ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hoki wrote: »
    which one is impossible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Would love Walcott, class player but can't see it happening, no way would Arsenal sell him to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Is Theo not a bit of a sick note?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Hoki wrote: »

50316_134738151654_7053555_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bowlardo wrote: »

We've probably got more money and the Italian league is a bit **** but it's a more or less guaranteed league title every year and CL, in addition to requiring less settling in, having already played in Italy.

Also it's in Milan and apparently he's into the sorts of things someone with that haircut would be into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yes to Theo, highly unlikely I would have thought though.

In isolation, Walcott would be a great signing though I'd be slightly concerned about his fitness record.

However, if we did sign him it would probably mean Arsenal getting Sanchez ahead of us and I can't but feel we'd be getting the short end of the three sided stick even with the extra cash.

So on it's own, yes, but in the circumstances it would take to actually sign him, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No to Theo, because for Arsenal to sell him to us we'd have to pay money that makes no sense.

Not unless we can give them Agger + 10m, or something, which even then I'd be surprised at them looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads forget bout Walcott we won't sell him to ye

Walcott is decent but you'd need another attacker in as well as him

Arsenal wouldn't sell him to us anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yes to Theo.

And i do think Arsenal would sell to us fwiw, but i cant see him being cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just after reading that all is going smoothly between LFC and Barca. The one gap is that we are holding out for £80 million, and Barca are offerring £60 mil.
    That is a huge gap, I'm guessing that there is a figure of £80mil as the buyout, so we dont ain't not got to do nothing until that amount is met.

At this stage I've accepted that he is leaving us. I don't like it, but there is nothing we can do short of getting an Arsenal style petition together to try keep him at the club.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement