Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Would agree that £20m should be the max paid for him as that's already overpaying for him by a few million.

The player will push for the move by the sounds of it, could be a case of sitting tight and letting it play out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Blatter wrote: »
    Would agree that £20m should be the max paid for him as that's already overpaying for him by a few million.

The player will push for the move by the sounds of it, could be a case of sitting tight and letting it play out.

He put in a transfer request a few weeks back already i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fieldog wrote: »

Had Suarez of gone last season

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

There is a shortage of qulity defenders out there at the moment. The world cup has highlighted this fact.

I haven't watched a huge amount of Lovren but he does seem like a good footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

20m for Lovren sounds fair enough, he was one of the best centre backs in the league last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You sound like Jose :pac:

Maybe he was right all along.:eek:

Well, they are the facts........oh no I didnt

20m for Lovren sounds fair enough, he was one of the best centre backs in the league last year.

The new tv deal has caused a huge amount of inflation. I think someone estimated it could be as much as 30%.

Our scouts must be the laziest ****ers on the books at Anfield. :pac:

Take a drive down to Southampton and buy a few of their players......if anyone asks we are scouting round europe.
    Barca want Suarez.....who will we get in to replace him?.......eh ask Barca do they have anyone good...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Does anyone think Liverpool are being taken for a complete ride with this Suarez issue? Liverpool pay the guy's wages so they should be the ones calling the shots during this 4 month ban. He is essentially being rewarded with a big money transfer while he is banned and Liverpool are paying his wages. Nuts. For example they should have the power to block all medicals, transfers etc. Something tells me that if this was Man Utd, FIFA and Barca would be less inclined to treat the club with such contempt.

All your posts tend to bring tears to my eyes I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

10 million and Agger or 15 and Kelly/Coates for Lovren would be decent business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else just realise we could be spending the Suarez money :(

NukaCola wrote: »

Take a drive down to Southampton and buy a few of their players......if anyone asks we are scouting round europe.
    Barca want Suarez.....who will we get in to replace him?.......eh ask Barca do they have anyone good...

Our scouts still aren't as lazy as Spurs's! :pac:

Sanchez is probably the best player we can hope to get :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

20M is the absolute limit I would go to for Lovren. I guess it would be offset slightly with Agger probably being sold.

Echo saying we are still trying for Sanchez and Barca are pushing him towards us but you can't make the player sign if he doesn't want to. Liverpool want to know relatively quickly so that they can move onto other targets if necessary.

Echo also saying Rodgers is hoping to wrap up a 25M move for Markovic and 6M for Origi. Also may go back in for Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have to say, it's great to see the club spending and spending big for a change. They're buying a good mix of potential and established players. Can't wait for the season to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd be happy with 20m for Lovren.

Extra tv money, plus looking like Suarez money, and we're boosting our business resume all the time. Dunkin Donuts etc.

We can probably afford to overpay 5m or so on a few players, and still be able to bring in the numbers, and hopefully the quality, that we want.

Lovren would be an example of overpaying for the right player, for me.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else just realise we could be spending the Suarez money :(

Well at least we are spending it and not holding on to it to pay for the Anfield upgrade, if thats the case.

Suarez is gone. He's jumped the fence baby.

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd be happy with 20m for Lovren.

Southampton aren't though, they want more, and at 20m he's already overpriced. Can we not find similar elsewhere? I mean 20m is huge money, if we cant we need a new scouting network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't they come from City where all they did was buy the best players they used while playing FIFA 10/11/ and 12 before joining us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Southampton aren't though, they want more, and at 20m he's already overpriced. Can we not find similar elsewhere? I mean 20m is huge money, if we cant we need a new scouting network.

It's crazy. Yes there is more money in the game now, but it's still too much, especially since it's not even enough. Perhaps Southampton are just sick of us?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

LFC fans learn the club is spending possible Suarez money on Ryan Bertrand

1916_ee23.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

10491241_796831327007956_2676701915876966789_n.jpg

marno21 wrote: »
    LFC fans learn the club is spending possible Suarez money on Ryan Bertrand

1916_ee23.gif

What in gods creation are we doing trying to sign Ryan Bertrand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yes to Lovren. No to Bertrand. And that's a big,angry,shouty no too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

MarkY91 wrote: »
    sadjpeg.jpg

What's with all the grim, depressing pics, hey? How about some rainbows and pandas?

Are there many big players up for transfer this window besides Suarez? If there are we've been linked with very few, only Sanchez...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is there any talk of us getting a backup for Stevie, or are we going to have to make do with Lucas and Hendo? If Stevie gets injured for a long period next season, we are going to have another headache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

So we go straight in with a 20 mill bid for a player in a position we have numbers (cb) yet wont pay the extra 4 mill on top of the 16 we need to get moreno to fill a position we are desperate to fill. Dosent really make sense, thats before the bertrand stuff which is probably bull**** anyways.

Are there many big players up for transfer this window besides Suarez? If there are we've been linked with very few, only Sanchez...

Crouch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That moreno guy is a midget. Is he any use?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Crouch?
    Paddy Kenny?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yes to Lovren. No to Bertrand. And that's a big,angry,shouty no too.

michael-scott-noooooooooo-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I'm not a Fan of paying 20M or more for Lovren.

We could have gotten him for Cheap last year, but we didn't. Now we have to Pay a Premium for it.

It Sucks.

Why all the Bertrand hate? Unless he costs more than 6 or 7m I'll quite happily have him, as long as he's only cover... Surely we're not signing him to replace José/Flanagan?

Ryan Bertrand is 25 next month and has less than 40 PL games!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Shouty NO's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

With all these southampton players so highly rated and worth ludicrous amounts of money how the feck did they not win the league last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Why all the Bertrand hate? Unless he costs more than 6 or 7m I'll quite happily have him, as long as he's only cover... Surely we're not signing him to replace José/Flanagan?

We already have Enrique coming back and Flanagan has shown that he can cover LB. I don't think Bertrand is much better if any than either of them. Just seems like a waste of money.

3 Bertrands = Toni Kroos.

Need to find more value and buy necessary players not more squad players. I'd be far more concerned at the prospect of Glen Johnson starting next season at right back.

Right back and centre back are far more important to address than LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

That's the Thing, Bertrand is Inferior to both Jose and Flanagan.

Besides, why would we need Bertrand as a Cover for Flanagan, when Flanagan is already a Cover for Jose?

I mean, do you Buy a Cover, for the Cover? That makes no sense.

So getting Bertrand for me, is akin to Burning Money. It's that Bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Have to say, it's great to see the club spending and spending big for a change. They're buying a good mix of potential and established players. Can't wait for the season to start.

Yet, I'm not sure we've signed a player where having CL football was crucial.

Next few signings need to be of higher calibre imo. Sanchez type players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

I get the feelin its gonna take BR quite some time to find his best team next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MarkY91 wrote: »

From those former players, the only one I hold any resentment for is Owen.. Its a shame because I really thought he would of went down as an all time great.

Even his body language in that pic looks wrong.
    What's with all the grim, depressing pics, hey? How about some rainbows and pandas?

panda_rainbow_slide_by_callmerissa-d3e67wb.png

I would rather that £6m to £8m that would be spent on Bertrand to be used as the extra monies needed to get Lovren and Moreno who would be first team starters not reserve players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Reports coming out that we've accepted an offer of €90 million for Suarez. Sanchez is not part of the deal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Probably mentioned already, but the Telegraph are saying Sanchez reps held talks with Liverpool today.

Also, if Southampton aren't going to budge on our offer of 20M, I hope we look elsewhere. I know I kept banging on about him in this thread after every Greece game this World Cup, but Manolas of Olympiakos would be only worth half of what Lovern would cost us, and he looks a hell of a CB at the age of 23.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Reports coming out that we've accepted an offer of €90 million for Suarez. Sanchez is not part of the deal.
    In a way happy he's not a part of the deal. Barcelona would almost certainly have overvalued him as part of a player exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Surely we could spend 20m a bit better. It just seems such a lazy purchase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Right back and centre back are far more important to address than LB.

We have kelly/wisdom and *sigh* johnson who can play rb at the moment. We also have flanno but he was our main lb last year, our only other lb in enrique and pinning any hope on him returning the player he was would be foolish. I guess you could add robinson too but god knows what will happen with him. Id say lb is a more pressing issue.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    Huntelaar told German newspaper Bild: ‘Regarding rumours about Liverpool it’d only be fair to speak to Schalke first.

The negotiations with the club have been running for some time.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/emre-can-completes-liverpool-transfer-but-klaas-jan-huntelaar-drops-hint-he-may-follow-4785791/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Huntlelaar it is so - not overimpressed by him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement