Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What's with all the grim, depressing pics, hey? How about some rainbows and pandas?

i was focusing on that one legend who stood with us through good and bad times. all them players came and left. more of their calibre will come and go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say he is just trying to link himself for a move to create interest among clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I'd say he is just trying to link himself for a move to create interest among clubs.

I'd say so, I've heard no Huntelaar to Liverpool rumours tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

25m for Lallana and Tony Kroos is goin for 20m - other than Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal we dont seem to be linked to truly world class players even if they are within our budget - something wrong here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

bitemeluis wrote: »
    25m for Lallana and Tony Kroos is goin for 20m - other than Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal we dont seem to be linked to truly world class players even if they are within our budget - something wrong here

Fairly chalk and cheese when you scratch beneath the surface a little bit tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

bitemeluis wrote: »

idk, maybe Madrid is a more attractive club than ours and other clubs seem to feel as if they're in gods presence when those sort of big clubs come knocking on the door....don't even know why Pep is selling to his former club's rivals, if he had any respect for Barca. Guess that's football these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Kids, I dont wanna get all True Detective on you .. but i feel I must.

That thing you been follwin aint just one man.. hes a hella hope a lots o things. A thing you dont expect. A dream in the night

A good thing. The minute you let go, you lost.

There is no Suarez, same as there wasnt no Torres, same as there was no Rush, nor Dalglish , nor Keegan.

There is Liverpool. It shall prevail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Kids, I dont wanna get all True Detective on you .. but i feel I must.

"Our Year" - Rust Cohle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Reports coming out that we've accepted an offer of €90 million for Suarez. Sanchez is not part of the deal.

€ my balls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

marno21 wrote: »
    In a way happy he's not a part of the deal. Barcelona would almost certainly have overvalued him as part of a player exchange

In a way I'd like if Sanchez was included even if it meant overpaying. It might have kept the deal more private and lessen the opportunity for other clubs to get Sanchez.
    He's one player I don't mind overpaying to secure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

MarkY91 wrote: »
    10491241_796831327007956_2676701915876966789_n.jpg

I'm seeing a common denominator here. Thank god we've managed to keep our best player all these years. Imagine what it'll be like when Stevie finally goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Reports coming out that we've accepted an offer of €90 million for Suarez. Sanchez is not part of the deal.

Ok so that's the first stage payment up front. How much in total including add ons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why is Suarez going for less than bale did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

Because he's older and more bitey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

4 years older - better resale value, only one club bidding, likes to bite people..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Because when Bake was sold he had 8 years until he hit 31, Suarez has only 4 years left.

€100m / 8 =12.5m per annum

€80m / 4 = €20m per annum

Suarez is actually choosing more than Bake given his shorter time left at the top.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

ush wrote: »
    "Our Year" - Rust Cohle

Rust would be more likely to say "No-one's year." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I would wet myself over this one! If it's not true I hope the rumours go away soon. Love love this player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

article-2048333-0E5560BC00000578-614_468x359.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwrF9K5yeDA-uD2XiU1z1ggeCfAZ6qH0I1WuSXRrg0hZiIQostiA

Well. That answered my question :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I would also love to get KJH. I really wanted him when Schalke signed him. He's a proven goal scorer.
    Has done it in 4 of the top 5 leagues in Europe, it's only right he does it in England!

And for the talk of injuries, he played 139 times in 4 seasons, only missed a few months of last season, nothing the season before. And scored 91 goals in 4 seasons, you can't argue with averaging 24 goals a season.

I'd prefer Sanchez as a like for like with Suarez, but I could get on board with Huntelaar. We need depth and options, Sturridge will need cover...

Exactly. There's a need for a lot more players now with CL. It's all well and good getting the young flashy wide forwards in but the mobile goalscorer up front is Sturridge, and he needs backup. Huntelaar and Lambert would be perfect for coming off the bench or starting in case of injury/form dip.

The Hunter will score goals. He does it as well as anybody has over the past 10yrs. My main worry is his wages but would hugely welcome him coming if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

If we cant get Sanchez we should tell Barca that Arsenal (or any prem team) cant either. Probably not legal/feasible but worth a shot..

8-10 wrote: »
    Exactly. There's a need for a lot more players now with CL. It's all well and good getting the young flashy wide forwards in but the mobile goalscorer up front is Sturridge, and he needs backup. Huntelaar and Lambert would be perfect for coming off the bench or starting in case of injury/form dip.

The Hunter will score goals. He does it as well as anybody has over the past 10yrs. My main worry is his wages but would hugely welcome him coming if at all possible.

He'd be on the wages of an experienced CL striker, which is what he is.
    But how often would we start him?

I think we need to change out mindset. It was ok for United to have Chicharito and Berbatov on their bench, or Chelsea with Torres and Ba on theirs, or City with Negredo and Jovetic. We need that level of quality in reserve when we need to change things, either from the start or during a game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Liverpool should tell Barca where to go, if this is true. This is something Barca have done before - as far as I can remember, Arsenal still havent been paid the full amount for Fabregas (or maybe it's Song).

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
    "Catalan newspaper Sport reiterate Barcelona want to pay much less than reported figures for Suarez, and structure payment over few years."

And while you're at it, tell Southampton to tip on aswell if this is true:

@BBCSport

@LFC's £20m offer for @SouthamptonFC defender Dejan Lovren is rejected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

IF Barca dont meet the valuation then they should get bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If we cant get Sanchez we should tell Barca that Arsenal (or any prem team) cant either. Probably not legal/feasible but worth a shot..

Not a hope of that happening.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    IF Barca dont meet the valuation then they should get bent.

I would wholeheartedly support them changing their attention to Darren Bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

You would imagine Suarez would break the trend....

Brrv5XNCAAAowGD.jpg

Liverpool should tell Barca where to go, if this is true. This is something Barca have done before - as far as I can remember, Arsenal still havent been paid the full amount for Fabregas (or maybe it's Song).

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
    "Catalan newspaper Sport reiterate Barcelona want to pay much less than reported figures for Suarez, and structure payment over few years."

And while you're at it, tell Southampton to tip on aswell if this is true:

@BBCSport

@LFC's £20m offer for @SouthamptonFC defender Dejan Lovren is rejected.

If they have really rejected £20M for him, we HAVE to go elsewhere. That's a preposterous amount for him as it is, unless someone will give us about £15m for Skrtel, and someone else £10M for Coates...

If a player hands in a transfer request, do the club have to review them or can they still flat out reject them?

If a player hands in a transfer request, do the club have to review them or can they still flat out reject them?

Flat out reject if they want I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Surprised the support act haven't been out yet with comments about Suarez having Barca DNA or similar.

They did it with Masch, with Fabregas and with Sanchez. Essentially forced clubs to sell below their price by unsettling the player. I hope we hold them and their more then a club sandwich brigade to ransom. £80m or £55m plus Sanchez. No room for negotiation, take it or leave it. We don't need to negotiate, the transfer falling through wouldn't be a bad outcome for us necessarily, so play to our strengths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

People going mental about 20m for Lovren....this is what is being reported in the press.
    Hasnt it emerged that the fee for Lallana is 18m rising to 20 something if milestones are met?

It would probably be our interests. Handing in a transfer request doesn't mean we have to sell, but it relieves us of our obligation to pay out his contract when he leaves.

gafferino wrote: »
    People going mental about 20m for Lovren....this is what is being reported in the press.
    Hasnt it emerged that the fee for Lallana is 18m rising to 20 something if milestones are met?

Also, given the new TV deal, the price of Premier League based players has just increased by a significant margin

kop77 wrote: »
    You would imagine Suarez would break the trend....

Brrv5XNCAAAowGD.jpg

Torres has scored way more than 5 goals for Chelsea surely? It's been 3 and a half years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Torres has scored way more than 5 goals for Chelsea surely? It's been 3 and a half years!

20 goals hes scored for them in nearly 4 years, 5 odd a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

gafferino wrote: »

First i heard of it tbh......do you have a link?

He has 45 goals for Chelsea. 20 in the EPL.

NukaCola wrote: »

Exactly, that chart is way off, it's not just looking at league goals (but would still be inaccurate if it was!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Any chance that chart could be 3 years old?

yep sorry i meant to say in the EPL.

Its a bad stat though for someone that used to score goals for fun.

A lot of sources saying it was £16M up front. £4M going to Bournemouth, with significant add ons, probably to make sure Soton get 100% of those extras...

DDC1990 wrote: »

That would be summer of 2011. He only joined at end of January transfer window, wouldn't have made 48 appearances by then. It probably is dated alright but then that's not really a fair reflection on the chap, it's still going to be a good decrease in goals per game

DDC1990 wrote: »

Well in his first 46 appearances for Chelsea he scored 7 EPL goals and 12 overall so no, its just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

No sorry - its been mentioned in here a few time iirc. Again not concrete (the fee wasnt released?) but I think the the initial fee is meant to be 18-20m. I think Kess may have posted it?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    yep sorry i meant to say in the EPL.

Its a bad stat though for someone that used to score goals for fun.

In the EPL he scored 65 for Liverpool, he scored 81 in all comps so it's the figure for all competitions that the chart is using. If they want to compare like with like it has to be the figure in all comps on the chelsea side too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement