Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I think my argument speaks for itself. But hey, if you think Bony is good enough for Liverpool, I hope you enjoy the champions league this year because if you sell Suarez and sign Bony, you wont see it again for a while. :P

If we sign Bony that doesn't prohibit us from signing Sanchez or whoever. As it stands we have 2 centre forwards. Sturridge is top dog, Lambert is back up and in my opinion having another quality striker makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Anfield Wrap are saying we've bought Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

God Sakho really is as poor a passing centre half as we have had for some time. I really hope BR sticks with Agger and Skittles next year as first choice.

Various sources saing the deal for Suarez is complete. €75 million.

5 Year contract.

Sakho definitely did something to Trevor Stephens family

• Advertisement

God Sakho really is as poor a passing centre half as we have had for some time.

false.

very, very false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

God Sakho really is as poor a passing centre half as we have had for some time. I really hope BR sticks with Agger and Skittles next year as first choice.

Check his passing stats. Don't be fooled by listening to Lawrenson.

Fescue wrote: »

5 Year contract.

Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

92% passing accuracy last season. Highest in the squad.

5 Year contract.

£63m, 5 year deal.

he won't be on as much as Messi or Neymar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did nobody notice he was struggling to move prior to that pass?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Euros?

Indeed. TV3, Xavi Torres and others saying as much.

£63 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If we sign Bony that doesn't prohibit us from signing Sanchez or whoever. As it stands we have 2 centre forwards. Sturridge is top dog, Lambert is back up and in my opinion having another quality striker makes sense.

Fully agree that another striking option is needed. Sturridge is simply too injury prone.
    I think it will be someone more positionally flexible than Bony. Someone that can fill in for Sturridge, play alongside him and operate either as a WF or AM.
    If Sanchez is signed I'd prefer Bony type money to be spent elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We should get rid of him, just like we're doing with Suarez as he doesn't do it against the big teams and isn't a natural finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Sixty three million!?

FOR F*CK SAKE.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did nobody notice he was struggling to move prior to that pass?

Yup, obviously not fully recovered. Can't really blame them for rushing him back though given the alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

£63 million.

If it's true it's an absolute farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think that's his wages rather than the transfer fee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Well, I might sound silly on this, but if a CB has that high a stat, is it because he is making simple passes to the other CB or fullbacks or keeper? Wouldn't be harder to complete passes further up the field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yup, obviously not fully recovered. Can't really blame them for rushing him back though given the alternative.

The pouncing on him is hilarious.

• Advertisement

Top class negotiating on our behalf if that's the true figure...

Someone post a link if possible

I reckon a toddler could so a better job than Ian Ayre is doing...

Gbear wrote: »
    If it's true it's an absolute farce.

Guaranteed that Barca will leak a lower price and Liverpool will leak a higher one.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Well, I might sound silly on this, but if a CB has that high a stat, is it because he is making simple passes to the other CB or fullbacks or keeper? Wouldn't be harder to complete passes further up the field?

Yeah, a defenders stats would generally be higher, but the claim was he "is as poor a passing centre half as we have had for some time", which the stat shows to be totally untrue.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I take Spanish media with a truck load of salt. I'll wait to one of the more reliable English journos comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

not sure if serious...
    89% passing success rate this evening. If we've Agger and Skrtel as first choice then were ****ed imo

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I take Spanish media with a truck load of salt. I'll wait to one of the more reliable English journos comments.

True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That just sounds like wages not transfer fee...google translate

According game against Liverpool Suarez (1): around 63 million pounds, 5-year contract and details behind Messi, Neymar and Iniesta.

According game against Liverpool Suarez (2): missing close as paid and this will depend on the sale of Alexis. Weekend stage.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Someone post a link if possible

Balague had it up on Twitter. Could just be stirring shíte though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That just sounds like wages not transfer fee...google translate

According game against Liverpool Suarez (1): around 63 million pounds, 5-year contract and details behind Messi, Neymar and Iniesta.

According game against Liverpool Suarez (2): missing close as paid and this will depend on the sale of Alexis. Weekend stage.

That's about £230k a week. So not beyond the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That stat can mislead though

If he makes 100 passes and gives it away 8 times but those 8 times put a teammate under pressure or lead to a shot you are going to remember that more than the 92 other passes

It's the same with Vermaelen, most seasons he had 90+ passing accuracy but all you think about when you hear his name is his dodgy-ness

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

£63 million.

"Say it ain't so Joe .............say it aint so".

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The pouncing on him is hilarious.

As I said in the other forum.

Balague had it up on Twitter. Could just be stirring shíte though.

Someone should have said that first. It could have been instantly dismissed!

• Advertisement

Griezmann and Manolas please.

That stat can mislead though

If he makes 100 passes and gives it away 8 times but those 8 times put a teammate under pressure or lead to a shot you are going to remember that more than the 92 other passes

It's the same with Vermaelen, most seasons he had 90+ passing accuracy but all you think about when you hear his name is his dodgy-ness

Like I said:
    Yeah, a defenders stats would generally be higher, but the claim was he "is as poor a passing centre half as we have had for some time", which the stat shows to be totally untrue.

He's still higher than any other CB we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Taking balague as gospel is like me walking into the pub and telling you I had Jennifer Lawrence in the car park.

Completely baseless but I can say it because I have a vague knowledge of Jennifer Lawrence.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Taking balague as gospel is like me walking into the pub and telling you I had Jennifer Lawrence in the car park.

Completely baseless but I can say it because I have a vague knowledge of Jennifer Lawrence.

You had her alright.

But then the cops were called.......

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
    My info on Luis Suarez: What was established at meeting on Wednesday was that #FCB would meet his release clause.

Balague was quoting TV3, a Catalan tv station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

Vicxas wrote: »

Half of Hollywood has intimate knowledge of her so I wouldn't be that impressed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Im diaspointed we are willing to pay 25m on Markovic when we could use that money to get Griezmann

Graham Hunter tweeting that it is €79.2M for Suarez. Again though his sources would be on the Barca side. I'd wait to see what comes out from the Liverpool side first.

Graham Hunter tweeting that it is €79.2M for Suarez. Again though his sources would be on the Barca side. I'd wait to see what comes out from the Liverpool side first.

If its a case that Barca are willing to meet the release clause then that type of fee is possible. Afterall Suarez wouldn't have wanted to price himself out of a move.

Rte reporting that it's 75m euro, which is 59m sterling..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

75 million euro - an absolute joke, everyone will be laughing an Liverpool FC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

RTE panel saying £70m fee agreed for Suarez. I presume it's £ although they didn't say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Would have expected him to go for more than Bale, if the gossip is true.

Quandary wrote: »
    RTE panel saying £70m fee agreed for Suarez. I presume it's £ although they didn't say.

No they didn't. They said 75m euro

Joseph Musker @Musker_LFC
    The £63m is likely Suarez' wages over the reported 5 year contract. That's around £190,000 a week. We wouldn't sell him for £63m.

Makes sense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement