Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No they didn't. They said 75m euro

They're just reporting what's on twitter. Not panic stations yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

bitemeluis wrote: »
    75 million euro - an absolute joke, everyone will be laughing an Liverpool FC

Who cares if they are laughing at us!

C.£60m for a player only 1 misdemenour away from getting a season long ban i would consider a good deal. Not great but now focus on who is coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Would have expected him to go for more than Bale, if the gossip is true.

Unlikely given their respective ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That fee would be a disgrace tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    They're just reporting what's on twitter. Not panic stations yet...

I think you'll find RTE source most of their info on Aertel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

The price is pure speculation at the moment, no need to even think about it until it's official. I'm very pessimistic that they'll be able to spend the money wisely. Need a top quality player in, I'd be very surprised to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No they didn't. They said 75m euro

Just rewinded back there and you're right, €75m.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Marca claiming Sanchez sale will be concluded in next few hours. Doesn't mention to whom.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Marca claiming Sanchez sale will be concluded in next few hours. Doesn't mention to whom.

Probably to Arsenal. Cue meltdown in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

*Shrug* if it is. It is :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yup, waiting for meltdown. I'll be joining if Suarez leaves for 75million euro and Sanchez heads to Arsenal...

Meanwhile, the only time I will ever say this: Scholes talks some sense here
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-barcelona-target-3810120

I don't think it would be a meltdown. If he chooses Arsenal good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Again accoriding to TV3 in Spain
    Luis Suarez, who will sign a 5-year contract at Barcelona, has accepted an important pay cut. He had 12M year salary at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Can Barca just fúck off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we sell Suarez for 60m & fail to get Sanchez Ayre should be fired. It will rule us out as possible title contenders imo as there is no other top class forawards available.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »

Ben Smith from BBC said Barcelona will meet Suarez's release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lads, how many players have gone for over 60m pounds in recent times?

And how many of them were 27, banned, recovering from a knee injury, and have one of the worst disciplinary records of modern times?

While I feel he's worth more to Liverpool, and would be disappointed at less than 70m pounds, the fee is far from 'farcical', 'disgraceful', or 'embarrasing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Arsenal have beaten us to his signature.

Gutted.

You prick Nuri. :p

Ben Smith from BBC said Barcelona will meet Suarez's release clause.

Does anyone know what the actual release fee is though?

Or the ins and outs of it?

Don't think I've read any concrete articles regarding it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The next LDV is the word on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Mr Alan wrote: »

Anything over 60 million Euro would be a good fee, the problem is how it is spent. Buying more squad players that do not significantly improve the first eleven would be a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would also think that Brendan Rodgers still isn't a big enough name draw for some players yet.

Arsenal have Wenger, Chelsea have Jose, Utd have Van Gaal, City have Pellegrini managers who can attract big name players before us, those clubs also have bigger transfer budgets and can offer bigger wages than us.

Untill we are regularly back in the CL every year we are going to struggle to attract big name players I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Suarez to Barca will be Arsenals best bit of business this summer.

Does anyone know what the actual release fee is though?

Or the ins and outs of it?

Don't think I've read any concrete articles regarding it

Thats the key point. Would Suarez have signed a contract with a release fee of £80 million? I seriously doubt that. £63 million sounds about right to me.

mav79 wrote: »
    Anything over 60 million Euro would be a good fee, the problem is how it is spent. Buying more squad players that do not significantly improve the first eleven would be a disgrace.

That's 47m Euro

Glad you aren't our negotiator!

I would also think that Brendan Rodgers still isn't a big enough name draw for some players yet.

Arsenal have Wenger, Chelsea have Jose, Utd have Van Gaal, City have Pellegrini managers who can attract big name players before us, those clubs also have bigger transfer budgets and can offer bigger wages than us.

Untill we are regularly back in the CL every year we are going to struggle to attract big name players I believe.

I actually think the City is a bigger issue when competing with the likes of Arsenal, I reckon that rich footballers would prefer to live in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's 47m Euro

Converting Euro into Euro at a less than even rate, we could say the same for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Suarez to Barca will be Arsenals best bit of business this summer.

Only if we get Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

£59m would be terrible business. How do Barca always seem to underpay for players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

That's 47m Euro

So 60m euro = 47m euro:P

Glad you're not my accountant:D

That's 47m Euro

You mean pounds right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fescue wrote: »
    Thats the key point. Would Suarez have signed a contract with a release fee of £80 million? I seriously doubt that. £63 million sounds about right to me.

Why wouldn't he? He's shown that he's not exactly the brightest spark in the packet of matches nor does he seem to surround himself with knowledgeable others. It's likely that the significantly increased wages mightve induced him to a lot higher than 63m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Football needs it own currency, the FGol, to stop all the $£€ misunderstandings.

Why wouldn't he? He's shown that he's not exactly the brightest spark in the packet of matches nor does he seem to surround himself with knowledgeable others. It's likely that the significantly increased wages mightve induced him to a lot higher than 63m.

The way this whole thing has played out suggests to me that Suarez had an agreement with Liverpool he could leave in this window for a fixed fee. I don't think it is likely to have been £80 million. Just a personal opinon.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Tusky wrote: »
    £59m would be terrible business. How do Barca always seem to underpay for players?

Because they lie about the fee and hide the real figure by dressing it up and disguising large chunks as other payments. Watch out for the scheduling of Liverpool v Barca friendlies and strange payments to "Luis Suarez inc."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Sanchez to Arsenal done deal apparently. Deal confirmed next 2 hours. Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

why are we jumping on the €75m as a fee? it seems obvious to me that that will be his wages over 5 years.

Ben Smith says the release clause has been met. that's more reliable than any of the other twaddle I've seen.

it's like some are just waiting in the long grass, just dying to call the club a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

newbie2 wrote: »
    Sanchez to Arsenal done deal apparently. Deal confirmed next 2 hours. Sorry

Poor Sanchez, has no idea what he's getting himself into... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    So 60m euro = 47m euro:P

Glad you're not my accountant:D
    You mean pounds right?

lol, woops. Only had a beer and a half :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

lol, woops. Only had a beer and a half :o

Lightweight :pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    why are we jumping on the €75m as a fee? it seems obvious to me that that will be his wages over 5 years.

Ben Smith says the release clause has been met. that's more reliable than any of the other twaddle I've seen.

it's like some are just waiting in the long grass, just dying to call the club a joke.

Suarez signed his new contract back in December. At that point, a release fee of approximately €80 million or £65 million seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

No Suarez or Sanchez next season

sadpanda.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

£60 million plus Sanchez apparently reported on BBC news a while ago

Don't know where they pulled that from

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Meh, it'll all be clear soon enough I guess.

£60 million plus Sanchez apparently reported on BBC news a while ago

Don't know where they pulled that from

I wouldn't believe that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We were never getting £80m I always thought he signed a new contract so if he did have a good season he could leave for a reasonable fee which the Spanish two would meet. If no one came in for him he had a fat new contract to fall back on.

We can't be too sore we could of lost him last season to our league rival for £40m instead we kept him ignored his release clause and we qualified for champions league football and will get a better fee for him.

rob316 wrote: »
    We were never getting £80m I always thought he signed a new contract so if he did have a good season he could leave for a reasonable fee which the Spanish two would meet. If no one came in for him he had a fat new contract to fall back on.

We can't be too sore we could of lost him last season to our league rival for £40m instead we kept him ignored his release clause and we qualified for champions league football and will get a better fee for him.

£60 is still very shy of $80 though, that's the bulk of Lallana right there and is a huge chunk of change. We're under only a small bit of pressure to sell; it's not like Kroos who's run down his contract. There's a lot of time in the transfer window to talk and Barca have the transfer ban to come so it'd be stupid to take a cut price (speculation on the £80 million clause here) when the ball is firmly in our court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rob316 wrote: »

City weren't in for him last season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement