Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Deal done according to irish indo. €79 million according to Spanish reports

39M according to the Kenya express

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Spanish reports me hoop... Moreno's been on that flight to Liverpool for about two weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

£60 is still very shy of $80 though, that's the bulk of Lallana right there and is a huge chunk of change. We're under only a small bit of pressure to sell; it's not like Kroos who's run down his contract. There's a lot of time in the transfer window to talk and Barca have the transfer ban to come so it'd be stupid to take a cut price (speculation on the £80 million clause here) when the ball is firmly in our court.

Ya but if his release clause is only circa £60m we can do nothing about it if it's met and he clearly wants a move to Barcelona.
    Has there been a single credible report of his actual release clause?
    So the ball is not in our court.

rob316 wrote: »
    We were never getting £80m I always thought he signed a new contract so if he did have a good season he could leave for a reasonable fee which the Spanish two would meet. If no one came in for him he had a fat new contract to fall back on.

We can't be too sore we could of lost him last season to our league rival for £40m instead we kept him ignored his release clause and we qualified for champions league football and will get a better fee for him.

No we couldn't have.

Ya but if his release clause is only circa £60m we can do nothing about it if it's met and he clearly wants a move to Barcelona.

Once again you don't know this

Glasgow Herald are reporting Madrid have entered the running using Alonso as bait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the ball is always in our court when selling a player.

Henry proved that last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    39M according to the Kenya express

Apparently we've to give them our bank details and the money will be deposited in our account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Unless barca stump up whatever release clause in one go upfront, surely the ball is entirely in our court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

If there is a 60m release clause , someone at the club seriously needs to be shot. That simply is 20-40m below what he is worth. This is turning into a disaster at this stage if that is true. Sanchez going to Arsenal on top of it all would be just too much.

Its actually possible on top of it that we are going to spend 50m on southampton players to boot who are worth about 30-35m at best. Its getting farcical at this stage

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Apparently we've to give them our bank details and the money will be deposited in our account.

Maybe we won the Kenyan lottery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Glasgow Herald are reporting Madrid have entered the running using Alonso as bait

Emotional blackmail.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the ball is always in our court on selling a player.

Henry proved that last summer.

Not if there is a water tight release clause. His clause last season was open to interpetation that why henry could refuse to honour it.

Don't be naieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

viper006 wrote: »
    If there is a 60m release clause , someone at the club seriously needs to be shot. That simply is 20-40m below what he is worth. This is turning into a disaster at this stage if that is true. Sanchez going to Arsenal on top of it all would be just too much.

Its actually possible on top of it that we are going to spend 50m on southampton to boot. Its getting farcical at this stage

60m is good money. Bale's money skewed the prices a bit and you would be expecting too much for another 80m to be spent.

We could end up with an unhappy player like Torres if he stayed. He was going no matter what we did.

Not if there is a water tight release clause. His clause last season was open to interpetation that why henry could refuse to honour it.

Don't be naieve.

Tell us more about this release clause. I haven't heard about its water tight details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

If that was the case that it was that then I'd have no complaints other than it being put there in the first place. I prefer the Spanish style- ridiculously overvalued release clauses of 420 trillion and the like, failing that something a little bit higher than 60 in order to at least help as a bargaining chip.

Sending him abroad is a positive but if it means Arsenal get Sanchez as some by product it'd be pretty painful.

Edit: the other element is that if there wasn't a release clause would there have been discussions? Unless Barca had expected to play a cut-price for him (which is probably what they wanted but f**k them and the poachers' suv they rode in on!). I think what had been reported often earlier in the year was £60 for barca or real and £80 for anyone else. If that's the case then 75 million euro adds up. It's a weird one though and is purely speculation until we know further.

Tell us more about this release clause. I haven't heard about its water tight details

"If" I said. It holds as much weight as anyone else says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

PM sent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

How I feel checkin Twitter tonight

Whats going on Hodge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Sign of times where a bid of £70m for a player is deemed a "disgrace"!

A player who cost £22.8m, let his club down a number of times yet played a pivotal role in securing CL qualification. Depending what source you base it from, CL is worth anywhere upwards of £35m for an English club. £47.2m profit plus whatever % of that qualification was down to Suarez (a lot)...likely the 3rd/4th highest transfer fee of all time....likely securing a positive working relationship with Barca in the future....

It's futile comparing Suarez to Bale as a basis for being happy or unhappy with a transfer fee. a) Real Madrid are nuts when it comes to balls-out-look-at-us-transfers and b) Gareth Bale doesn't go around biting people or causing nonsense for his club.

It's well and good waffling on about the current market but at the end of the day anything above £65/70m shouldn't be labelled a disgrace and for all that he's a sublime footballer, that figure would still represent a massive gamble for Barca and, in my book, a result for Liverpool. Getting one of the highest wages and a volatile, at times poisonous, character off the books for a huge profit at a time when the club are doing just fine.

The main man at Liverpool is not Luis Suarez and the club will be just fine. Brendan Rodgers is the man and he'll get it right.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Alexis Sanchez is scheduled to fly to Barcelona for talks to finalise his future. Chosen club not yet known. [Marca]

We wanted the £1 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

If that was the case that it was that then I'd have no complaints other than it being put there in the first place. I prefer the Spanish style- ridiculously overvalued release clauses of 420 trillion and the like, failing that something a little bit higher than 60 in order to at least help as a bargaining chip.

Sending him abroad is a positive but if it means Arsenal get Sanchez as some by product it'd be pretty painful.
    60m for a player who has scored the same amount of goals as ronaldo is such a terrible deal. Suarez is one one on the top players in the world selling him for 60m would be mind boggling stupidity be it liverpool putting the clause in themselves or just accepting an offer recently.

Pointless comparing him to 'Ronnie' when 'Louie' is obviously better.

• Advertisement

Bale isn't fit to lace Suarez's boots tbh.

Not even on the same scale whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just want this Suarez stuff to be over and done with so I can face the facts and see his face in a Barca jersey and then move on from it. Tremendous player and I thank him for what he has done for us last season. Just hoping we can land Sanchez or Shaqiri off the back of that deal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

CALM DOWN LADS!

Sky haven't announced what fee their sources have heard. When it's on the yellow ticker it's Gospel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Anything under £80m is a farce.

With his help we've reached the CL this season, qualify for the CL again this season and thats the fee Barca are offering (60m?) recouped without ever losing the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If he goes to barca I'll be stunned if his ban isn't reduced on appeal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Spanish reports me hoop... Moreno's been on that flight to Liverpool for about two weeks now.

Ryanair - will be landing soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Bale isn't fit to lace Suarez's boots tbh.

Not even on the same scale whatsoever
    Ah come off the stage.

Bale is a phenomenal footballer who has just won the Champions League and Spanish Cup, 21 goals and 16 assists in 32 games and all of that in an injury-hit season.

The Bale/Suarez....Neymar/Bale.....Ronaldo/Messi arguments are so tiresome. They are all unbelievable footballers and the only debate is what level of unbelievable they all are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Alliteration:

Tony Evans from The Times on Twitter.
    OK. This is how I understand Suarez. Agreed(ish) but Sanchez needs to be talked to. Will happen, will rumble on bit. Fed up with it already

1) There was a clause last year, JWH stood tough and dared Suarez camp to call in lawyers. Determined no to let him go

2) Money would not have been as much use last summer. Not in CL so have to spend it on non-CL players. Needed Suarez to get top four

3) New deal was built around cast-iron get-out clause. If it was triggered, then he was gone

4) Negotiations had started before WC. Bite had little effect on anything. Feeling is, though, Suarez walking accident ready to happen

5) Sale not such a blow now because money can be spent on CL-type players this summer. Good players want to come

6) If they can get Sanchez, good. But it depends if he wants to come. He doesn't want to leave Barca. He's on holiday

7) Suarez money won't be spent on main stand but on players. Main stand money ring-fenced in spring by FSG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Tony Evans me a$$ - "Good players want to come" - weve just lost one of the greats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ah come off the stage.

Bale is a phenomenal footballer who has just won the Champions League and Spanish Cup, 21 goals and 16 assists in 32 games and all of that in an injury-hit season.

The Bale/Suarez....Neymar/Bale.....Ronaldo/Messi arguments are so tiresome. They are all unbelievable footballers and the only debate is what level of unbelievable they all are.

I agree with your main point but he played 44 games no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

bitemeluis wrote: »
    Ryanair - will be landing soon

Aye but where?

Ah come off the stage.

Yeah, but Bale isn't in the same league as Suarez.

Great player but I wouldn't be putting him the world class bracket yet. Suarez on a different planet to him.

5) Sale not such a blow now because money can be spent on CL-type players this summer. Good players want to come

We hope!

Alliteration:

Tony Evans from The Times on Twitter.

Soit was pretty much decided last summer... Bit of a kick in the balls for the 'he has a contract crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

Soit was pretty much decided last summer... Bit of a kick in the balls for the 'he has a cobtract' crowd.

Probably why he was so upset after the palace match. He knew he wouldnt be signing off on a high note :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

Soit was pretty much decided last summer... Bit of a kick in the balls for the 'he has a cobtract' crowd.

Probably why he was so upset after the palace match. He knew he wouldnt be signing off on a high note :-(

Hows Tony Evans for credibility?

Iirc I remember him saying Rodgers never wanted Sturridge. Disclaimer, I might have dreamt that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Don't why everyone's panicing.

Lago Aspas got everything under control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Iirc I remember him saying Rodgers never wanted Sturridge. Disclaimer, I might have dreamt that

No you're spot on. Said it was a committee signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He did say that. Think he's full of it personally.

djPSB wrote: »

Just saying but that's an anagram for:

A Goal Saps

shifty-eyes.gif

djPSB wrote: »

Iago just heard he had to step up.

tumblr_mfjlubENIJ1qgmkv3o3_500.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We hope!

Good players like Chelsea's 3rd choice left back who has only played 40 odd first team games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I imagine Sanchez will be arriving in barca tonight, heads into the noun camp.

Bartomeu: "Alexis, we have your dog. You'll get him back when we see you leaning melwood"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

5starpool wrote: »
    Good players like Chelsea's 3rd choice left back who has only played 40 odd first team games.

In fairness, he had Ashley Cole and Azpuilacuettasgvgjjgggfff in front of him, both starters for their countries while ahead of him.

I admit i wasn't overly impressed with him in the Villa game but he should improve under Rodgers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement