Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Doni Kebab....nearly that time of year again.

Kebabelcoptor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

bitemeluis wrote: »
    Any truth in the speculation that Ashley Cole could appear in red next season - I think he would strengthen the squad

Isn't he off to one of the Turkish clubs? Thought I heard something about it yesterday because I remember breathing a huge sigh of relief he wouldn't be joining Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Isn't he off to one of the Turkish clubs? Thought I heard something about it yesterday because I remember breathing a huge sigh of relief he wouldn't be joining Liverpool.

Roma apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

x43r0 wrote: »
    Roma apparently

That's right...Roma. Don't know where I got Turkish clubs from. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Really?

I'd have thought Suarez is streaks ahead on this score

I see where he is coming from. Sturridge is extremely skillfull and technical. Remember that lob he scored last year? Not many players at all can pull that off.

Suarez excels with his desire and sheer genius. Honestly, the fella is streets ahead in terms of thought when on the pitch. I wouldn't say he's massively more technically gifted than Sturridge though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Suarez vs Sturrigde goals . (Premier League only )

1st Game of the season : Sturrigde scores only goal of the game for a 1-0 win .

2nd Game of the season : Sturrigde scores only goal of the game for a 1-0 win .

3rd Game of the Season : Sturrigde scores only goal of the game for a 1-0 win .

4th game of the Season : Sturrigde scores the 1st goal for LFC in a 2-2 draw .

5th game of the season : Both failed to score

6th game of the Season : Sturrigde scores 1st goal for LFC , Suarez scores 2 in a 3-1 win

7th game of the Season : Suarez scores 1st goal and then Sturrigde gets the second goal in a 3-1 win .

8th game of the Season : Sturrigde scores 2nd goal of the game in a 2-2 draw .

9th game of the Season : Suarez Bags a hatrick for the first three goals and then Sturrigde adds the 4th in a 4-1 win .

10th game of the season : Liverpool lost 2-0 , both failed to score

11th game of the season : 1st goal is an own goal , Suarez scores the 3rd and 4th of a 4-0 win

12th game of the season : Suarez scores the second and Sturrigde scores the 3rd in a 3-3 draw

13th game of the season :Both failed to score , LFC lost 3-1

14th game of the season : Suarez scores the first 4 in a 5-1 win

15th game of the season : Suarez scored 3rd and 4th goal in a 4-1 win .

16th game of the season : Suarez scores the 1st and 4th goals in a 5-0 win .

17th game of the season : Suarez scores 1st and 3rd goal in a 3-1 win

18th game of the season : Both failed to score

19th game of the season : Both failed to score

20th game of the season : Suarez scores 2nd in a 2-0 win .

21st game of the season : Suarez scores the 2nd and 4th goal and Sturrigde scores the 5th goal .

22nd game of the season : Sturrigde scored the 1st goal of a 2-2 draw .

23rd game of the season : Sturrigde scores 2nd and 3rd goal and Suarez gets the 4th in a 4-0 win

24th game of the season : Sturrigde scores the only goal for LFC in a 1-1 draw .

25th game of the season : Sturrigde scores the 3rd goal for LFC in a 5-0 win .

26th game of the season : Sturrigde scores the 1st goal for LFC in a 3-2 win .

27th game of the season : Sturrigde scores 1st and 3rd goal for LFC in 4-3 win .

28th game of the season : Suarez scores the 1st goal for LFC in a 3-0 win .

29th game of the season : Suarez scores the 3rd in a 3-0 win for LFC .

30th game of the season : Suarez scores 1st , 3rd and 6th goal , Sturrigde scores the 5th goal . LFC win 6-3

31st game of the season : Sturrigde scores 2nd goal in a 2-1 win for LFC

32nd game of the season : Suarez scores 2nd goal in a 4-0 win for LFC .

33rd game of the season :Both failed to score .

34th game of the season : Both failed to score.

35th game of the season : Suarez scores 2nd in a 3-2 win for LFC

36th game of the season : Both failed to score

37th game of the season : Sturrigde scores the 2nd and Suarez scores the 3rd in a 3-3 draw

38th game of the season : Sturrigde scores the 2nd in a 2-1 win .

So this list will show when relied upon Sturrigde can also be a match winner in his own right .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Nobody should have any sympathy for clubs who lose players imo, its all just footballs food chain. We lose players to other clubs for the same reasons as Lovren may join us. How many at Barca have spoken on Suarez in the last 10 days?. Loads, from top to bottom, to ex players.

The fact Lovren wants to join us is good for us and bad for others. If it happens to us down the road in a similar way then in all likelihood the player will have done well on the pitch, whats so bad about that?. Its a rinse repeat of times gone by.

The Southampton era that was there is over and reached its peak. Owner, manager/s, other players etc. That's why Lovren wants out, its why we lost others during G&H, same thing. He said as much in that ESPN interview.

"I'd gladly stay in Southampton if the club had any ambitions, if they kept the key players,".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

A number of people on Twitter (not sure how reliable they are) saying Bertrand deal agreed for 6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Is the case that we are very eager to off load Suarez or are Barcelona extremely interested in him?

Who has the upper hand in negotiations because there's no way Suarez should be sold unless a deal is in replace for a world class replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just found an article online about Luis Suarez leaving that also gives the goal scoring records of other strikers that have left us and how the got on goal-wise after leaving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2682163/Luis-Suarez-beware-curse-leaving-Liverpool-Barcelona.html

FOR BETTER...

Titi Camara 0.27 UP TO 0.38
    Djibril Cisse 0.27 UP TO 0.46
    Robbie Keane 0.26 UP TO 0.5
    Jari Litmanen 0.19 UP TO 0.21
    Andriy Voronin 0.19 UP TO 0.28
    Andy Carroll 0.14 UP TO 0.23
    Ryan Babel 0.13 UP TO 0.16
    El Hadji Diouf 0.05 UP TO 0.17
    Fernando Morientes 0.2 UP TO 0.26
    Florent Sinama-Pongolle 0.1 UP TO 0.24
    *Statistics in both boxes based on league goals only

...OR FOR WORSE

Fernando Torres 0.64 DOWN TO 0.18
    John Aldridge 0.60 DOWN TO 0.56
    Michael Owen: 0.55 DOWN TO 0.31
    Ian Rush 0.49 DOWN TO 0.13
    Robbie Fowler 0.48 DOWN TO 0.3
    Stan Collymore 0.44 DOWN TO 0.21
    Peter Beardsley 0.35 DOWN TO 0.29
    Emile Heskey 0.26 DOWN TO 0.17
    Peter Crouch 0.26 DOWN TO 0.23
    Craig Bellamy 0.25 DOWN TO 0.24
    Ronnie Rosenthal 0.21 DOWN TO 0.1
    Luis Garcia 0.23 DOWN TO 0.13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

In regards to the Sanchez situation i actually think Suarez going to Barca makes the Sanchez deal harder in terms of the player feeling like a makeweight even if the deal is done separatley. No player wants to be makeweight & they rarely happen as it kinda destroys the players confidence.

MD1990 wrote: »
    In regards to the Sanchez situation i actually think Suarez going to Barca makes the Sanchez deal harder in terms of the player feeling like a makeweight even if the deal is done separatley. No player wants to be makeweight & they rarely happen as it kinda destroys the players confidence.

All reports indicate he's not keen on LFC anyways. If he's not coming Suarez should not be sold until a replacement is found.A credible proven replacement.

We seem to be intent on raiding Southampton for players, Lalanna was enough for met to be honest.

If I was going after another CB in eye premier league it would be Ron Vlaar.

So seeing as Milk is currently unavailable...

Harry Wilson has apparently signed his first pro contract with Liverpool.

Nothing official as yet just a few not-so-official sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

All reports indicate he's not keen on LFC anyways. If he's not coming Suarez should not be sold until a replacement is found.A credible proven replacement.

We seem to be intent on raiding Southampton for players, Lalanna was enough for met to be honest.

Vlaar?!? Have you seen him for villa or basing it solely on the World Cup? He's been exceptionally average at villa and nowhere near the level lovern was at last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vlaar? Diet Skrtel. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5live wrote: »
    So seeing as Milk is currently unavailable...

Harry Wilson has apparently signed his first pro contract with Liverpool.

Nothing official as yet just a few not-so-official sites.

harry wilson @harrywilson_ · Jul 5
    Delighted to have signed my first professional contract with Liverpool Football Club. #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Everyones favourite spanish football expert ballague is saying sanchez dosent fancy coming here, its between arsenal and juve id imagine now. We need a quality forward to come in, markovic and origi dont satisfy that really as good as markovic even is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »

If he's a top top player this won't affect him. Nothing bothers top top players.

Delighted to have signed my first professional contract with Liverpool Football Club. #LFC
    Must get me one of them thar' twitter boxes:)

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Vlaar?!? Have you seen him for villa or basing it solely on the World Cup? He's been exceptionally average at villa and nowhere near the level lovern was at last season.

I have 2 mates who support Villa so I've seen him pretty much all last season. He ploughs a lone furrow in defence for Villa. He's had a few shaky moments for sure but if you have Ciaran Clarke beside you so would you.

He's been excellent during the World Cup and has had umpteen man of the match performances for Villa.

• Advertisement

The two spanish lads we nabbed last year signed pro contracts too. Chirivella and canos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Goal.com (I know) saying £32m deal agreed between Arsenal and Barca for Sanchez while Duncan Castles saying Arsenal are confident of landing the player after Suarez deal is wrapped up.

Guess we better move on to our next target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't know how true or if just another internet rumor going around now is that Emre Can donated 50k to a local childrens hospital in Liverpool yesterday.

If true fair play to the lad.

I don't know how true or if just another internet rumor going around now is that Emre Can donated 50k to a local childrens hospital in Liverpool yesterday.

If true fair play to the lad.

Few of the local twitter "ITKS" were saying it alright, fantastic gesture if true.

Seems pre season training officially starts tomorrow too.

Great pic of monster mash yesterday.

Would love to get him back, he's been excellent for the Argies

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

I have only seen him play maybe a handful of times at best but Griezemann seems to be highly rated..
    Might be an alternative to Sanchez..

image.jpg
    I thought Biglia instead of Gago made a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

image.jpg

He's still the real captain of that team on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lazar Marković seems to be a done deal.
    Journalist @aminhabola (Mariana Cabral) of Portuguese Paper Express says #LFC have tied up Lazar #Markovic.

€25M

• Advertisement

Lazar Marković seems to be a done deal.

€25M

Reliable?

Was there anything more on Origi after the anfield wrap tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Dunno. But she made the claim in a reply to someone else and twitter ran with it.
    Bloemy ‏@ybthebest 4m
    @JackSear abola is usually reliable in Portugal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just saw this on BA thread.

sku58336_6_1.jpg

Only €4.99 and not €79,000,000

There's a British Airways thread? Sounds like some serious skit.

25m for Markovic seems... excessive.

That said, I haven't seen much of the man. Anyone watch Benfica a fair amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Didn't he refuse to play for us because he wanted to force his move to Barca?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

NukaCola wrote: »
    Didn't he refuse to play for us because he wanted to force his move to Barca?

Could ya blame him when we had fecking Hodgson in charge..? :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

L’Equipe claim ourselves and Monaco have been in contact with Moussa Sissoko.

Yes please to Moussa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    L’Equipe claim ourselves and Monaco have been in contact with Moussa Sissoko.

Be very happy to see him in the team. Midfielder that can score a few and carry the ball through the centre of the field. Wasted out wide at Newcastle after an impressive start in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Could ya blame him when we had fecking Hodgson in charge..? :p

I dont blame him for wanting out but the manner he went about it was disgraceful putting it mildly. Unless I'm wrong, i just remember it coming out before a Manchester city game. Think we got thumped 3-0 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mav79 wrote: »
    Be very happy to see him in the team. Midfielder that can score a few and carry the ball through the centre of the field. Wasted out wide at Newcastle after an impressive start in the centre.

Aye, I really wanted him a couple of years ago, so it'd be nice if we did manage to sign him finally. A midfield of himself, Can and Henderson would be some sight in regards to work rate and athleticism.

Sissoko is also very good at creating chances too. Would be a great signing.

Lovren put this up on Instagram lol

Br38MzVIIAAQzeS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

^^^^Lovren is really starting to look like a right pain in the hole, he better not think he'll just stroll into the Liverpool squad without earning his place if he does come..

Di marzio saying we've bid 25 mill for markovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Knex. wrote: »
    25m for Markovic seems... excessive.

That said, I haven't seen much of the man. Anyone watch Benfica a fair amount?

Wikipedia already has him playing for us :)

If its Euros rather than sterling that wouldn't seem unreasonable for a decent prospect (assuming there's a lot of clauses to be met to get to the full amount)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

x43r0 wrote: »
    Roma apparently

Bit of a fall from grace going from playing for Chelsea to working in an Italian takeaway.

Or maybe not.

Don't really understand the Lovren bashing. The Southampton team and club is completely different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Aye, I really wanted him a couple of years ago, so it'd be nice if we did manage to sign him finally. A midfield of himself, Can and Henderson would be some sight in regards to work rate and athleticism.

Can't talk about work rate without mentioning the Lallana lad :)

Wonder what kinda money Sissoko would go for? 5 years left on his contract and only cost newcastle pennies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

gafferino wrote: »
    Don't really understand the Lovren bashing. The Southampton team and club is completely different now.

Same as. I have no issues with what he says below.
    Dejan Lovren has criticised Southampton for blocking a potential move to Liverpool and the defender admits his head is already at Anfield.

Liverpool, who have signed forwards Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana from Saints already this summer, had a £20million bid for the Croatia international rejected on Friday.

The south coast side want £25m for their star centre-back, who says he does not see a future at the club following the departures of popular manager Mauricio Pochettino to Tottenham, Luke Shaw to Manchester United, and Lambert and Lallana to Merseyside.

Lovren, 25, told Croatian media: "Liverpool sent the offer and the club haven’t informed me, not even about the subsequent Liverpool bids, and that wasn’t right.

"I found out from other people, which disappointed me, and I realise I’ve got no business staying at Southampton.

"They paid £9m for me so they would’ve earned twice the amount. At this point, I don’t know what I’ll do and I don’t like it.

"Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and the last time I played at Anfield I got chills when I heard ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’. I would like to listen to it all the time."

Despite finishing eighth in the Premier League last season, Southampton endured an uncertain time following the resignation of popular chairman Nicola Cortese in January.

Pochettino, Lambert, Lallana and Shaw have all left the club in the close-season and, speaking to Croatian publication Sportske Novosti, Lovren believes Southampton have subsequently fallen apart.

He said: "I signed because the club had great ambition. Cortese and Pochettino convinced me to sign, gave me assurances about the project and incredible confidence, but when the chairman left and Pochettino was going too, as early as April, I realised things had fallen apart.

"Honestly, I don’t know who the main man at the club is anymore. I’d gladly stay at Southampton if the club had any ambitions and if they kept the key players – not even the Liverpool bid would have dissuaded me if they had done that."

Lovren was signed by Pochettino from Lyon last summer and has made 31 appearances for the Saints, scoring twice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement