Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can't argue much with the man there. We'd all do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Didn't Markovic go for less than 10m last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

tritium wrote: »
    Wikipedia already has him playing for us :)

If its Euros rather than sterling that wouldn't seem unreasonable for a decent prospect (assuming there's a lot of clauses to be met to get to the full amount)

You do realise anyone can edit Wikipedia articles? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

^^^^Lovren is really starting to look like a right pain in the hole, he better not think he'll just stroll into the Liverpool squad without earning his place if he does come..

He''ll be straight into the first team I'd imagine.

The more I think about it , the more I'm looking forward to seeing him and Sakho at the centre of our defence. There's the potential there for a solid unit.

When was the last time we had two nailed on starting centre backs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

barone wrote: »

Watched it. Waited for something funny to happen. Nothing did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Didn't Dempesy say something similar and try the same thing to join us before ending up at Spurs.

Can see the same happening with Lovren if Southampton get p1ssed off with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

@TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool hope to conclude a deal to sign Lazar Markovic this week. They're also set to discuss personal terms with Divock Origi.

Alot of forwards we have now, be interesting to see who gets cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

He''ll be straight into the first team I'd imagine.

The more I think about it , the more I'm looking forward to seeing him and Sakho at the centre of our defence. There's the potential there for a solid unit.

When was the last time we had two nailed on starting centre backs?

I'm thinking 3 at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

klose wrote: »
    @TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool hope to conclude a deal to sign Lazar Markovic this week. They're also set to discuss personal terms with Divock Origi.

Origi is meant to going back to Lille on loan though for another season. So can probably count him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

mosstin wrote: »
    Watched it. Waited for something funny to happen. Nothing did.

well i found it funny anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

You do realise anyone can edit Wikipedia articles? :pac:

Well I didn't throw the smiley in just for sh1ts and giggles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lazar and Origi are probably to fill the Suarez void :(

tritium wrote: »
    Well I didn't throw the smiley in just for sh1ts and giggles :)

:)

There are people out there who think Wikipedia is the be all and end all :p

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lazar and Origi are probably to fill the Suarez void :(

Hope not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Still no world class players signed instead we are selling the best player in the league while strengthening one of our rivals.
    Poor transfer window so far.

What world class players are up for transfer though? Sanchez? Shaqiri? Can't think of many others..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Aspas has to be gone now !! Turf Johnson out the door with him too and I'd be happy .

Markovic 23m & Lallana 23m
    2 good players but not in any way sure to be in out first 11 all while losing our best player. Im really hoping we sign a top quality replacement for Suarez. Atm this looks like it could be Deja Vu of Spurs last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Lazar Marković seems to be a done deal.

when players are linked i do youtube them,then the deal usually goes belly up,is it safe to youtube markovic or will i leave it:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »
    Still no world class players signed instead we are selling the best player in the league while strengthening one of our rivals.
    Poor transfer window so far.

Have a bit of patience. Transfer window is open less than a week.

NukaCola wrote: »

Exactly. There seems to be a prevailing attitude out there already that our transfer dealings are going badly which is remarkable given that the window is just open and we're not privy to who it is we're actually chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Pretending we were after Sanchez so that we could get Markovic was a great idea

a-team-t-shirt-hannibal-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

NukaCola wrote: »

it's a long time since patience was shown in football :)
    there is over 50 days of craziness to come and this is only the tip of the iceberg
    i can see at least 1 full thread between now and then with at least 100 players being linked.
    it's a going to be a long summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

mosstin wrote: »
    Exactly. There seems to be a prevailing attitude out there already that our transfer dealings are going badly which is remarkable given that the window is just open and we're not privy to who it is we're actually chasing.

Moaners gonna moan yo

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still plenty of time to sign Victory Moses on a permanent deal and offer Johnson a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

MD1990 wrote: »
    Markovic 23m & Lallana 23m
    2 good players but not in any way sure to be in out first 11 all while losing our best player. Im really hoping we sign a top quality replacement for Suarez. Atm this looks like it could be Deja Vu of Spurs last season.

Very possible. All those guys spurs signed. You can't make up for real class. Suarez is a risk but he is in top 3 in the world at the moment. Very hard to replace that. We don't know the details of his last contract so he could be gone anyway. Not a good sign that he was anxious to get away. Tbh I think Bareclona could be in for a lean period even with Suarez. No goalie or quality at centre half and their midfield is in decline.
    Hope there is a couple of young lads in the Liverpool academy. Sterling is the first decent player since Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

diceyd wrote: »
    Lazar Marković seems to be a done deal.

when players are linked i do youtube them,then the deal usually goes belly up,is it safe to youtube markovic or will i leave it:confused:
    As far as I know we've done a Salah on Chelsea and robbed the guy from under their noses. Don't Youtube him yet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Turf Johnson out the door with him too and I'd be happy .
    who would be our two full backs then chief

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Still plenty of time to sign Victory Moses on a permanent deal and offer Johnson a new contract.

I'm guessing that's a typo. That, or your phone has a wicked sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

His goal against Sporting last season was sexual. Commentary almost as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Markovic, the new Mcmanaman, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Dunno about his hair tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Barrett saying we're trying very hard to get Sanchez and have not heard that he prefers to move anywhere else.. o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

As far as I know we've done a Salah on Chelsea and robbed the guy from under their noses. Don't Youtube him yet:pac:
    Could he not just youtube Glen Johnson instead?

Automatic life membership of LFC superthread Panda saps guaranteed if he moves! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Barrett saying we're trying very hard to get Sanchez and have not heard that he prefers to move anywhere else.. o_0

Every time I heard that I thought it was twitter/tabloid/pr boll&x. I doubt Sanchez would but that put there......in case he ends up at said club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

unless we sign Sanchez, we seem to be taking the Spurs approach to spending big transfer kitties.

very risky if that ends up the policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

How reliable are the sources on each side of this one? Arsenal fans seem sold on him wanting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Seems very very quick, has good work rate and has an eye for a pass.

Every player we've been linked with looks to have the same attributes. At least Rodgers knows the type of player he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Bowlardo wrote: »
    who would be our two full backs then chief

Flanagan and Enrique . Buy two new full backs . It would be nice to have a right back who can defend .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Please god we don't do a Spurs with this money....

Please god we don't do a Spurs with this money....

You mean you don't think Brendan would look good in a gilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rumours of interest in Moussa Sissoko from Liverpool...

Reckon he'd be a good addition to the squad TBF

Would like to see Moreno and Bertrand added to the squad too with Lovren looking likely to join as well.

Probably going to see Agger, Lucas, Coates, Enrique all departing this summer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Emre Can to wear #23, according to a post by him on his official Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

slingerz wrote: »
    Rumours of interest in Moussa Sissoko from Liverpool...

Reckon he'd be a good addition to the squad TBF

Would like to see Moreno and Bertrand added to the squad too with Lovren looking likely to join as well.

Probably going to see Agger, Lucas, Coates, Enrique all departing this summer

Poor Coutinho with Suarez gone as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

marno21 wrote: »

Wow. Massive boots to fill.

So if we get Markovic & Origi. We will have Sterling,Coutinho,Emre Can,Origi,Markovic & Ilori all players 22 or under. We really have some very talented young players with huge potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

marno21 wrote: »

Nice message he posted, id say he will popular with fans

313616.jpg

Brendon.?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement