Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Connavar wrote: »
    Ronaldo has said that Rodriguez would be a perfect signing for Real. Wouldn't be surprised to see more players saying similar and a signing taking place

And on the Real Madrid conveyor belt goes.

Isco anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can't warm to Warrior stuff at all. It looks cheap and tacky imo.

I'll give them this, its a better effort than last year. Still needs work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gbear wrote: »
    Isco anyone?
    We'd have to sell Lallana or Coutinho to make room for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So the Sanchez deal is a gonna now?

From what I've read online he would like to go to Arsenal - i am just curious as to why this is? Better money, the allure of London maybe? Could be anything i suppose.

Almost certainly London. To a lot of top foreign players England = London. To attract them elsewhere you need to tempt them with wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Connavar wrote: »
    I think our defensive problem is further up the pitch. CBs need more cover than they were getting last season

Totally agree and a point most people are missing imo, England had the same problem in the world cup, need a top class DMF to mop up attacks before they even get near the defense. Gerrard is not going to be that player, can Henderson be moulded in to that player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

mada999 wrote: »
    Totally agree and a point most people are missing imo, England had the same problem in the world cup, need a top class DMF to mop up attacks before they even get near the defense. Gerrard is not going to be that player, can Henderson be moulded in to that player?

I think Henderson will be the one to stand alongside the DM, doing more of the attacking work. Someone will have to be signed that's willing to stay further back and stop attacks before they get to the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What we've suspected to be the 3rd kit is now official. I dig this one alot.
    10464118_10152669027102573_2075905470636112534_n.jpg

It would have been a nice shirt without the stripe through it, its looks like a pageant banner around them now. Look its Mr Liverpool :pac:

Quick someone photoshop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Warrior's gear would actually be decent if they didn't have a tendency to over do it with badly placed stripes and ill thought out designs. Less is more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Warrior's gear would actually be decent if they didn't have a tendency to over do it with badly placed stripes and ill thought out designs. Less is more.

The big red stripe down the middle ruins it imo. Would have been very nice otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

So they'd be decent if they didn't do everthing they insist on doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not mad on the collar, but otherwise I think it looks good.

Yeah, that shirt wouldn't be too bad without the hideous stripe at the bottom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's as if they just combine all their ideas into one monstrosity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Regarding Lazar Markovic, not sure if anybody follows In Bed With Maradona, but they tweeted this yesterday:

Here's their end-of-season write-ups on him:

11/12: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/the-100-for-2012/2012/11/26/lazar-markovic.html

12/13: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2013-review/2013/12/8/lazar-markovic
    his focus on having a top-line career and his dislike of parties, alcohol and all the other things that can distract a young man.

I'm sure we can knock that out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

his focus on having a top-line career and his dislike of parties, alcohol and all the other things that can distract a young man.

I'm sure we can knock that out of him.

I hope he likes Phil Collins anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sure who doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 trainslaughing

Anyone else upset that we are signing Origi? The guy smells of a Belgian Heskey to me, he's awkward up front and won't bag many goals. We are losing a goal machine and should at the very least be gunning for a striker of similar pedigree. Markovic is 20. With a PL and CL challenge going next year we need a couple of established players who can turn matches on their own. Luca Toni, Giuseppe Rossi, Firmino or even Mandzukic should not be beyond the realms of possibility for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone else upset that we are signing Origi? The guy smells of a Belgian Heskey to me, he's awkward up front and won't bag many goals. We are losing a goal machine and should at the very least be gunning for a striker of similar pedigree. Markovic is 20. With a PL and CL challenge going next year we need a couple of established players who can turn matches on their own. Luca Toni, Giuseppe Rossi, Firmino or even Mandzukic should not be beyond the realms of possibility for us.

25m on Markovic is concerning me more.

noodler wrote: »
    25m on Markovic is concerning me more.

it's a lot of money but he seems to have potential. We still shouldn't be spending that much up front for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lovren for 20m+?

When will we cop on and realise Southampton plan on raising enough this transfer window to make a cheeky bid for Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

One thing I'm worried about in the absence of Suarez next year is the intensity and dogged work ethic he brings to the table. Even on his rare off days he's still out there hassling and harrying defenders right to the last. Can a replacement for that high tempo pressing and intensity be found?

Also, how will the likes of Sterling and Coutinho do now they will be the main focus of attention for opposition defences? That extra space they used to get with defenders concentrated on watching Suarez will now be gone. Can they step up another level?

37 year old Luca Toni?

You'd prefer him to signing a young player with huge potential?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Luca Toni? I think you picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

You want us to buy Luca Toni?? I think not. He is 37.

I am pie wrote: »
    You want us to buy Luca Toni?? I think not. He is 37.

He still scores a shedload of goals. I'd take him for a season. I'd rather him than Origi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Fuet1pk.gif?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

punk_one82 wrote: »
    So they'd be decent if they didn't do everthing they insist on doing.

They often get the "primary" aspect of their gear right only to ruin it with some random design (these designs are always significantly big too), case in point last season's 3rd kit. Their collars are another pet peeve of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fellaini and Toni as a striking partnership will fire us straight to Community Shield qualification. It's all so obvious now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

it's a lot of money but he seems to have potential. We still shouldn't be spending that much up front for him

Origi has looked really good during the world cup. £10 million on potential.

£25 million on markovich and I am willing to bet you have never seen him play?

I think Henderson will be the one to stand alongside the DM, doing more of the attacking work. Someone will have to be signed that's willing to stay further back and stop attacks before they get to the defence.
    Can't say I agree with you on that. I think because Henderson works so hard, people have him bracketed as a defensive midfielder. When you look at the games he's played in a defensive role, and those he's had in the attacking midfield role, I think it's clear that the further up the pitch he plays, the better he is. I think if we're going to play 3 in midfield, we'll go with Gerrard as first choice in the deep lying role with Can as back up. The central midfield role will be contested between Allen and Henderson. The attacking midfield role will have Lallana and Coutinho in competition.

The canary in the coal mine in all this is Lucas. He's neither an attacking midfielder or a box to box central midfielder. His only role is in the position that Gerrard or Can will occupy, so it's hard seeing him getting game time.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sakho a weakness.

Belgian Heskey.

Crazy house > this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

37 year old Luca Toni?

You'd prefer him to signing a young player with huge potential?
    Luca Toni? I think you picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Ha! Knew that one would be well received.

Even I wouldn't want Toni at this stage, but he had a very fine season last year.

Can't say I agree with you on that. I think because Henderson works so hard, people have him bracketed as a defensive midfielder. When you look at the games he's played in a defensive role, and those he's had in the attacking midfield role, I think it's clear that the further up the pitch he plays, the better he is. I think if we're going to play 3 in midfield, we'll go with Gerrard as first choice in the deep lying role with Can as back up. The central midfield role will be contested between Allen and Henderson. The attacking midfield role will have Lallana and Coutinho in competition.

The canary in the coal mine in all this is Lucas. He's neither an attacking midfielder or a box to box central midfielder. His only role is in the position that Gerrard or Can will occupy, so it's hard seeing him getting game time.

Lucas, Agger, Skrtel & Johnson. Sell them all.

Markovic is 20. With a PL and CL challenge going next year we need a couple of established players who can turn matches on their own. Luca Toni, Giuseppe Rossi, Firmino or even Mandzukic should not be beyond the realms of possibility for us.
    I am a big fan or Rossi, but I don't want us going anywhere near Italian, or Italian-based players. I am not knocking them, there's obviously immensely talented individuals playing in Italy, but for whatever reason, they very often cannot translate their abilities when they come to England (Shevchenko, Aquilani, Lamela, Balotelli, Jovetic, etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't see where people get the idea Henderson can be a DM either, maybe I'm missing something! For me he's box to box and can even do a decent job as an AM.

It's hard to see where Lucas fits in too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Have people not heard the número uno song?!? That alone is enough to try to sign Luca. And he has deadly hair...

Origi's goals per game ratio at club level is pretty god-awful. He got a last minute call up to the Belgian squad and has played okay. Let's not forget other players who have gotten PL careers on the back of decent showings at the WC: Diouf, Chippo & Hadji to name three

Proven players is what we need, whether short term or long term. If the gaps aren't plugged we'll be out of the CL by Xmas and struggling for top four in an increasingly competitive league.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Origi's goals per game ratio at club level is pretty god-awful. He got a last minute call up to the Belgian squad and has played okay. Let's not forget other players who have gotten PL careers on the back of decent showings at the WC: Diouf, Chippo & Hadji to name three

Proven players is what we need, whether short term or long term. If the gaps aren't plugged we'll be out of the CL by Xmas and struggling for top four in an increasingly competitive league.
    I think we need to pretty much ignore the Origi deal. From the sounds of things he won't be playing for us this season anyway so its too early to make judgements

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Word on the street is that we have agreed a fee before the WC got under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

looking forward to seeing the training pics from today, Suso is back in town as is Borini, Llori, Enrique, etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

But hadji was a very good player for coventry, didn't do great a villa tho. If you're talking about El hadj Diouf we bought him before the World Cup iirc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Br8OMaCCQAExXxG.jpg:large

He doesn't appear impressed by the new kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't we do the Phil Collins thing a few months back?

Also, no Suarez in the promo shots.....I know he has a contract but I think he might be going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is that the 1st or 2nd away kit? I have to say it doesn't look great to me. The stripe, the collar. Totally unimpressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Br8OMaCCQAExXxG.jpg:large

He doesn't appear impressed by the new kit

Probably taken the day his loan ended.

Origi makes no sense to me. I'd rather perservere with Borini tbh than take a punt on a fairly erratic young player.

Hoping to see Ibe get some time in the first team this yr too. I hope we are not buying players who would step in front of him or other young talent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Probably taken the day his loan ended.

Is that Sakho or Cissoko??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is that the 1st or 2nd away kit? I have to say it doesn't look great to me. The stripe, the collar. Totally unimpressed.

2nd.. I think it looks okay :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jesus thats an ugly jersey.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »

3rd kit so probably wont be seeing too much of it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement