Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

They often get the "primary" aspect of their gear right only to ruin it with some random design (these designs are always significantly big too), case in point last season's 3rd kit. Their collars are another pet peeve of mine.

I would imagine there is method to there madness. They're a reasonably new company in the premiership. If they brought out a standard 'safe' type jersey, a lot of people wouldn't have even noticed the change from Adidas.
    With these mad looking jerseys, people will get drawn towards it and intrigued as to who could have made or designed such an eye sore. All those pages like balls.ie and joe.ie always run articles about how rotten pools jerseys are when there released. To use a horrible cliche, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I imagine as time goes on they'll tone it back and eventually get to a standard regular jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Tevez won't sign because in his mind, Turin is closer to Argentina than Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I think Warrior's home kits are great, my least favourite home kit I can remember was that Adidas monstrosity the year we won the Carling Cup, 2011 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

mormank wrote: »
    We already have one, his name is Daniel Sturridge. Which is more than Chelsea or Arsenal, for example, can claim tbh.

2011_7_7_rueda_de_prensa_de_diego_costa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yet in the stadium we frequently berated his lack of a first touch and his inability to bring others into the game (while of course acknowledging that his finishing ability made these shortcomings in his game well worth putting up with). Did we, as Liverpool fans, ever question what Suarez brought to the team last year, in any aspect of his play?

Like I said Falcao is a very good number 9. Suarez is one of the players of his generation. There are nowhere near the same league. The season produced by Falcao at Atleti is nowhere near comparable to the freak season Suarez has just produced at Liverpool

That's way over the top in my opinion. Goals are the most decisive thing in football and in that respect Falcao was more imprtant to Atletico than Suarez to Liverpool.

Atletico found a way to be better, thanks to Simeone, without Falcao.

Rodgers, who is far more important to Liverpool than Suarez, will hopefully do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Tevez is muck, I can't believe people see him as an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Milkers wrote: »

that unibrow would be epic if he didn't get it waxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vanolder wrote: »

He has scored 20+ goals 5 of the last 8 season in two different leagues thats hardly muck to be honest winning the league with Utd, City and Juve in that time as well.

His workrate and will to win on the pitch is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

mormank wrote: »
    We already have one, his name is Daniel Sturridge. Which is more than Chelsea or Arsenal, for example, can claim tbh.

Proven goal scorer yes, but Sturridge will get niggles and knocks throughout the season.
    If you're losing the goals that Suarez soukd have brought to the side you have to at least reolace some of them. Either in 1 Individual signing or as looks the case on a spread of signings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

hopefully he does a soldado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

At what exactly?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

City fan here, only player who can come close to replacing Suarez is Tevez, who IMO, is the best striker to ever play for city, better than Aguero, Dzecko etc etc.

As soon as Suarez was off he is the person who sprang to mind, he is a pain off the pitch but on it he is unreal. I would have him back in a heartbeat.

If you could get him the loss of Suarez barely be noticed with the other new additions too. Otherwise I think you might struggle for CL at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Br9YkObCAAAsBEQ.jpg:large

Feckin barca.

Feckin barca.

It would break my heart to let him go but for £85m and £1 I'd take that offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Feckin barca.

Not Aspas, hes our No.1 Corner taker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Would hernandez from the mancs be worth a cheeky bid?

Link up play is crap, but knows where the onion bag is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hernandez can barely play his own position never mind multiple ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

@OficialJacksonM: Gracias LIVERPOOL

Seems to be an official account although not verified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would hernandez from the mancs be worth a cheeky bid?

Link up play is crap, but knows where the onion bag is.

I've always thought he was overrated, and his form over the last 12-24 months has been rather poor.

Big, 'No', for me. I genuinely would prefer to just keep Borini, than to fork out for him.

• Advertisement

Michael Jackson?

Cue the 'how am I doin' boss?' pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

@BenSmithBBC: #LFC all but given up on Alexis Sanchez

Thats that so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

wtf3.gif

klose wrote: »
    @BenSmithBBC: #LFC all but given up on Alexis Sanchez

Thats that so...

To be fair Juve are a better option for winning trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »

Who is next so.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I love you.

• Advertisement

Classic turd

2503766-2616750949-13929.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Feckin barca.

I thought he had joined the priesthood!

10394662_10152669508382573_8530648484359767292_n.jpg

Papa Bouba Diop is a free agent?? Sign him up Brendan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Tevez isnt muck, but he would be a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, same as Suarez was. Hopefully the board have learned from the Suarez fiasco that a volatile player is not what we should be going after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Have a feeling we wont be in for a goalscorer number 9 type. We'll be going for players who can play across LF CAM and RF type positions. Sturridge will be our main man. Lambert our backup. I base that on pretty much nothing apart from who we are being linked with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Tevez isnt muck, but he would be a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, same as Suarez was. Hopefully the board have learned from the Suarez fiasco that a volatile player is not what we should be going after.

Unless he's really really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

could be as simple as he does not wanna learn English aswell,already speaks italian

A bit of decent news if so i guess...

@BenSmithBBC: Luis Suarez to Barcelona will, as expected, be a £75m cash deal. None of #LFC spending so far dependent on his sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

?

That volatile player nearly won us a league, and looks like he's gonna come close to quadrupling his cost for us...

barone wrote: »
    could be as simple as he does not wanna learn English aswell,already speaks italian

Time to get livinginkorea on the case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

£75 million for Suarez is a fantastic price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

mosstin wrote: »

Not going to make a blind bit of difference to the supporter if its not reinvested in the right players.

Look at Spurs.

Currently we are looking at Sturridge, Lambert and Borini as our striker options. Yucky.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Careful now. The Arsenal supporting Spurs fan will be in here shortly.

mosstin wrote: »

In fairness, it is.

Over 50m profit.

IIncredible really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

klose wrote: »
    A bit of decent news if so i guess...

@BenSmithBBC: Luis Suarez to Barcelona will, as expected, be a £75m cash deal. None of #LFC spending so far dependent on his sale

As I thought. All these players we are linked with / signed we needed before there was any talk of Suarez going.

I'd be very surprised if we don't sign a high quality CF to try and replace him.

I'd love Tevez TBH, would be perfect, but don't see it happening.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have a really good feeling Borini will come good this year?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

People do realise Tevez is 30 years old, let alone the fact he hates England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

joe123 wrote: »
    Not going to make a blind bit of difference to the supporter if its not reinvested in the right players.

Look at Spurs.

Currently we are looking at Sturridge, Lambert and Borini as our striker options. Yucky.

It's July 7th....have some patience.

joe123 wrote: »

Look at Spurs.

There's no way the club won't go big on a top striker/forward. Loads of money and Suarez was on 200k a week so loads of wages freed up too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    People do realise Tevez is 30 years old, let alone the fact he hates England?

He hates everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Ha I knew someone would come back with that one. Too obvious. Ok I'd be willing to bet that Costa won't score as many PL Goals this season as Strurridge got last season. Or indeed will get this season.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    He hates everything.

He likes money! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Proven goal scorer yes, but Sturridge will get niggles and knocks throughout the season.
    If you're losing the goals that Suarez soukd have brought to the side you have to at least reolace some of them. Either in 1 Individual signing or as looks the case on a spread of signings

We will replace some of them.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    He hates everything.

execpt money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Jackson Martinez anyone? Cannot understand how he couldnt get a game for Columbia. When he did play he took his goals really well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement