Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is it that our transfer kitty was what we've spent so far on Can, Lambert, Lallana, Origi and then whatever we get for Suarez on top or are we spending what we think we'll get for Suarez now before prices go up and those 4 signings are eating up what we might get for Chewie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is it that our transfer kitty was what we've spent so far on Can, Lambert, Lallana, Origi and then whatever we get for Suarez on top or are we spending what we think we'll get for Suarez now before prices go up and those 4 signings are eating up what we might get for Chewie?

Apparently all the money being spent now is outside of any extra bob we'll get from Suarez money :)

Apparently all the money being spent now is outside of any extra bob we'll get from Suarez money :)

Wow. Have to say that makes me feel a lot better. Not so worried now. If the 75m sterling being touted is correct then we'd be able to afford one serious name or two great players.

Wow. Have to say that makes me feel a lot better. Not so worried now. If the 75m sterling being touted is correct then we'd be able to afford one serious name or two great players.

Oh god I hope I'm not wrong now after getting your hopes up :o I think someone said it a few pages back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I used to love titi camera, what ever happened to him, where did he go to after us and why the fcuk did we get rid of him at all??

He had this great ability to dribble around opposing defenders, then inexplicably fall over

Oh god I hope I'm not wrong now after getting your hopes up :o I think someone said it a few pages back :)

It makes sense and I do recall a story about John Henry giving BR 60m sterling to spend this summer well before the Suarez transfer saga reignited.

Overall when you put that in perspective, things look good.

The signings so far strengthen the squad, give us good options from the bench.

Our options from the bench last year...Moses, Aspas....Not very encouraging at all. I'd go as far to saw that on two occasions those players cost us big time. Lambert, Lallana and Can will be much better. Hopefully we bring in Lovren and Markovic.

The important thing then is we spend that 75m sterling properly. We have to learn from what happened to Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Ben Smith tweeted earlier that money already spent isn't part of the incoming Suarez cash.

The important thing then is we spend that 75m sterling properly. We have to learn from what happened to Spurs.

Definitely, I'd prefer two brilliant players with the money than six decent ones.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Echo's Pearce on Talksport: #Rodgers has options, #Coutinho and #Sterling, and #Markovic. #Rodgers expected to bring in another striker.

#LFC looked at #Shaqiri very closely and opened talks before the World Cup but I'm not convinced they're still in the market for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Dreading next season- our team looks so mediocre. I thought after finishing 2nd we'd be signing household names like mandzukic and Sanchez not Lallana and markovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Im actually quite looking forward to it, weve lost suarez but have added to attack and another midfielder which we badly needed, a workhorse midfield and a blisteringly fast attack, should be good. Long way to go in the window too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I used to love titi camera, what ever happened to him, where did he go to after us and why the fcuk did we get rid of him at all??

Camara is best remembered for playing at Anfield against West Ham in October 1999, the morning after the death of his father, scoring the winning goal and then dropping to his knees in front of the Anfield Road stand with tears flowing.

I remember this game and seeing it really got to me at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dreading next season- our team looks so mediocre. I thought after finishing 2nd we'd be signing household names like mandzukic and Sanchez not Lallana and markovic

Why are people looking down their nose at these players . Suarez wasn't a world beater when LFC signed him . He had alot of good traits but in all fairness he wasn't a world beater . Sure football is a team game and you sign the players to fit you team and plan . The pace in this LFC team will be electric .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge is, on paper, a very exciting attack. The potential of it in future years is very high. Origi to come in 12 months and Borini as a squad player covering a few positions. Lambert too. Ibe in a couple of years.

My concern for next season would be consistency. A lot of very young players there. If they hit form they could be devastating, but I could also foresee some periods of drought.

I do think one top quality forward/attacking midfielder would make that group very formidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hidalgo wrote: »
    He had this great ability to dribble around opposing defenders, then inexplicably fall over

From what I remember he had a great run of form coming into the team when all the other strikers where out injured.

He done very well for the 3rd or 4th choice striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

After one year of second? With 4 years before of sweet FA?..

Sanchez to Arsenal is a strange one, really thought Liverpool would attract him more, but, at least imo, I don't think one year would have impressed many major players.. Plus not the money to compete with city, Chelsea, real, Munich etc..

Do it again this year, prove it wasn't luck, then boom big money Deals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why are people looking down their nose at these players . Suarez wasn't a world beater when LFC signed him . He had alot of good traits but in all fairness he wasn't a world beater . Sure football is a team game and you sign the players to fit you team and plan . The pace in this LFC team will be electric .

How many times did you see him play before he joined? He was an absolutely smashing player, not a kid, and captain of his team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So the big transfer news of the week is ... Tom Ince chooses Hull City over Monaco and Inter Milan!

It's not even August. Relax.

Mandzukic is a household name? No thanks :p

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    How many times did you see him play before he joined? He was an absolutely smashing player, not a kid, and captain of his team

Was he the third best player in the world at the time ? Was he a risk to sign yes he was after all he was playing for ajax which you could consider a weaker league . He did have a great strike rate at ajax but it could have gone either way .
    So why have people got a problem with the club signing players that are younger for 20 million I don't have a problem with it . If these players fit into the managers plan sign everyone of them and let BR manage them .

Was he the third best player in the world at the time ? Was he a risk to sign yes he was after all he was playing for ajax which you could consider a weaker league . He did have a great strike rate at ajax but it could have gone either way .
    So why have people got a problem with the club signing players that are younger for 20 million I don't have a problem with it . If these players fit into the managers plan sign everyone of them and let BR manage them .

Is that a zero then?

Is that a zero then?

Oh I have saw him play , I was calling for LFC to sign him since 2010 . No one could have predicted he would have become this good though .

Oh I have saw him play , I was calling for LFC to sign him since 2010 . No one could have predicted he would have become this good though .

That's true. Didn't doubt he'd be good, world class even, but the last season was pretty special. I really hope he signs for Ajax after Barcelona for a few twilight seasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For what's it's worth James Pearce from the Echo thinks Liverpool will get in one more attacking player after Markovic and Origi.

For what's it's worth James Pearce from the Echo thinks Liverpool will get in one more attacking player after Markovic and Origi.

Surely some of the others must be getting sold then/back on loan. Any rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Surely some of the others must be getting sold then/back on loan. Any rumours?

He said the club are trying to sell Aspas and Origi is obviously going to go back on loan to Lille if he signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was just thinking from the few games I saw I would really like to see us gamble on Yedlin. Below article seems to suggest a Liverpool trial but at the same time a deal is pretty much done with Roma unfortunately.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/07/deandre-yedlin-roma-liverpool-usa-world-cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

is there anything to be said for signing jackson martinez ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I see #SuarezMemories rolling around on twitter. Thought I'd share this gem...as well as the genius football he produced on the pitch. https://vine.co/v/MrJpFXX9i3B

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I was just thinking from the few games I saw I would really like to see us gamble on Yedlin. Below article seems to suggest a Liverpool trial but at the same time a deal is pretty much done with Roma unfortunately.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/07/deandre-yedlin-roma-liverpool-usa-world-cup

Isn't Roma owned by one of the partners in Fenway Sports Group? Could it be a stepping stone kinda like a loan?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dreading next season- our team looks so mediocre.

Aye, me too. We're going to get destroyed in tomorrow's opening league game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

A lot of people subscribe to the idea that Champions League football will have all the big names flocking to their club. At the end of the day the club is still in Liverpool, United have the same location issues. When big names go on the market they have choices, the bigger the name the more choices. North West England is not the most attractive option.

There's a lot of talk of Vidal from United fans, even with Champions League football it's a non-runner. Felt the same about Sanchez to Liverpool TBH.

I see #SuarezMemories rolling around on twitter. Thought I'd share this gem...as well as the genius football he produced on the pitch. https://vine.co/v/MrJpFXX9i3B

479090941.jpg

Not his greatest performance but Suarez's celebration with Skrtel after scoring the 3rd in the 3-0 thumping of Man U was brilliant. Best pic I could get on my phone, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looking at Man City, it seems money is the real thing, not so much location.

Knex. wrote: »

They can offer ridiculous money in fairness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

https://vine.co/v/MTLAOrY2dQO

suarez_celeb_mancs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If, and IF Suarez goes, we need to have a new striker lined up. Or i will be very worried for the start of the season.

479090941.jpg

Not his greatest performance but Suarez's celebration with Skrtel after scoring the 3rd in the 3-0 thumping of Man U was brilliant. Best pic I could get on my phone, sorry.

Any picture of Suarez celebrating..one that sticks in my mind is after his wonder strike against Norwich where he's running backwards. God I'll miss seeing that lad causing terrors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Knex. wrote: »

There's that too but they are a bit of an anomaly in that regard and even still might not be able to keep their highest paid player.

Any picture of Suarez celebrating..one that sticks in my mind is after his wonder strike against Norwich where he's running backwards. God I'll miss seeing that lad causing terrors.

I'm actually going to take an avid interest in Barca next season so I can continue seeing it

Ah lads, I'm gonna cry in a bit if ye don't stop with the Suarez memories :pac:

One team who won't be sad to see him leave England will be Norwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He leaves as soon as they get relegated :pac:

A Suarez celebration?

I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed some more.

suarez-dive.gif

• Advertisement

He leaves as soon as they get relegated :pac:

They'd given up by then though, sick of Suarez.

Same could be said for every team in England ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This goal and celebration.

Couldn't find a better gif sorry but still, could watch it all day.
    tumblr_n2jbs6Yzqg1sefjuxo1_500.gif

His will to win is absolutely phenomenal. Its all consuming, really, which is where we get the both good and bad.

But Jesus, we'll be lucky if we ever see another like him in a red shirt again.

A true privilege. In the style of Craig Bellamy, I wish him well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement