Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Where the fck is the rumour of us going for Reus coming from ?

Like Man U fans with Reus, Klopp and Hummels or Arsenal fans with Gotze and Reus in the past, idiocy and delusion is where it comes from. Though that idiocy has made me and will make me a few bob given the bets I've convinced mates IRL to take me up on over said players, so I can't complain too much.

Serge Aurier is who we need from the Ivory Coast team ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I think this is when Myers talks about his first time on the Kop.
    He gets pissed on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 trainslaughing

Would there be any harm in taking Alonso back for the swansong of his career? He'll be surplus to requirements this year at Real.

Pogba, Reus and Yaya Toure.

Pass me that crackpipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Oliver also a Liverpool fan. 4m.20 on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yep, I'd say he's gone.

The talk of Lucas is that he'll be going to Inter for £8M. If that's the case, it's a fantastic move for him as the slower tempo will suit his lack of pace meaning he can boss midfield and not get as easily bypassed as he has been in the Premier League. Reckon Inter are getting a bargain as well as he would pretty much be a first name on that team sheet and should be good for 5 years or so. It also gives them a decent quality replacement for the likes of Cambiasso and Zanetti, who I don't think were really replaced properly.

As for the impact on us, I was only saying yesterday that Lucas had become the odd man out in our midfield. With Gerrard taking his position (and looking a better player in it), then Lucas really had nowhere else to play on the pitch. I think it makes better sense to have a younger understudy like Can to be Gerrard's back-up. He'll tolerate not being a first name of the team sheet and there we at least have a player who might be better suited to the modern fast tempo of the Premier League, something which Lucas has increasingly struggled with through the years.

From what's been said of Can, I can't see him playing the understudy role happily. That's not necessarily a bad thing so hopefully he's the type who won't stop until he's carved himself a regular place in the starting XI.

Will be sorry to see Lucas go.

Unfortunately those injuries really hampered him. He wasn't the same player last season.

Real shame as he was going from strength to strength and was one of my favourite players.

I hope he has success wherever he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Pogba, Reus and Toure coming in is the only reasonable explanation for Lucas leaving imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Would there be any harm in taking Alonso back for the swansong of his career? He'll be surplus to requirements this year at Real.

I don't see the point brining xabi back . I love the bloke but I don't see any reason to bring him back .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lucas was the Darren Fletcher of Liverpool FC. A hard worker, heavily criticized in his younger days but proved his worth as he got older and was an unsung hero who deserved more praise.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is the pretty lady with the scarf?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lucas was the Darren Fletcher of Liverpool FC. A hard worker, heavily criticized in his younger days but proved his worth as he got older and was an unsung hero who deserved more praise.

Think you are downplaying him tbh.

He developed into a Kop favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is the pretty lady with the scarf?

Lana Del Ray, I think.

Echo's Pearce says we Moreno is still wanted, says that Chelsea would prefer Bertrand went elsewhere.

• Advertisement

West Ham have bid for Konoplyanka...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    West Ham have bid for Konoplyanka...

Hold on. What are they doing?

Don't they know we're meant to get the player for a while before they do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

1_1425942.jpg
    Another Lana Del Ray for ye there lads

Echo's Pearce says we Moreno is still wanted, says that Chelsea would prefer Bertrand went elsewhere.

So would most Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Super-Rush wrote: »
    How can you write both these statements and keep a straight face>
    I know it seems incongruous. But you can only go on what you've seen. Other than that slip, I don't think anyone can question that Gerrard was the better player, when going up vis-a-vis against Lucas. I think perhaps injuries have simply taken their toll on Lucas but I also think that Gerrard's ability, intelligence and vision has mitigated against his failing legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It wouldn't be like Chelsea to do us a favour...

EDIT:They did buy Torres tho...forgot about that.

Knex. wrote: »
    Hold on. What are they doing?

Don't they know we're meant to get the player for a while before they do?

Big Sam must be cutting out the middle man and buying LFC's cast offs before they spend a year at Anfield .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

First pre-season game is in 8 days...away to Brondby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Regarding Konoplyanka vs Markovic:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen @karlsentk · 17m
    From Konplyanka to Markovic - quite a radical improvement on Liverpool's transfer strategy (and Champions League helps too)

Tor-Kristian Karlsen @karlsentk · 6m
    Without any shadow of a doubt --> RT @ahmedy_alrujaib do you think markovic has far better potential than konoplyanka ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I can only assume that the people who don't want Bertrand at the club have never watched him playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I figure he's not a bad option for 6m.

First pre-season game is in 8 days...away to Brondby.

Doesn't be long coming around does it. Pre season games on LFC TV I presume.

Must give my wife this exciting news seeing as she's loving all this summer football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

tomaussie wrote: »
    I can only assume that the people who don't want Bertrand at the club have never watched him playing.

You can assume away, he is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel like Konoplankya has missed a huge opportunity, or been made to miss one. I'd say they hid his passport too, just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I've seen him play. Not that often though as he's barely started 40 senior games even though he's almost 25.

Can't say he ever stood out. No better than what we already have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If Bertrand was any good maybe Jose might have played him at LB this season instead of sticking a right footed player in there.

Anyone thinking that Coutinho might sort his shooting over the summer? Might account for a few of those goals if some of those shots end up on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

marno21 wrote: »
    If Bertrand was any good maybe Jose might have played him at LB this season instead of sticking a right footed player in there.

Chelsea have let plenty of young players pass through their fingers over the years. Sturridge, Matic, Lukaku, possibly Cortouis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I've seen him play. Not that often though as he's barely started 40 senior games even though he's almost 25.

Can't say he ever stood out. No better than what we already have.

He's better than what we have and 6-8 million would be a snip. I really can't understand people judging a player without seeing them play.

How often have you watched him Vanolder ? Maybe if he was foreign and cost £20 million you'd be happier even if you never seen him play ?

I hope we get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coutinho's decision making on when to shoot needs improvement...it's not like he's Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

According to Jay Riley( Someone I consider reliable) we are interested in Remy. I think for 8m he would be a very good signing. If we get Lovren too we would have signed 4 players who are not huge names but have PL experience & performed very well too. They wouldn't be marquee signings but it would be better business than what Spurs done last season imo.

He's better than what we have and 6-8 million would be a snip. I really can't understand people judging a player without seeing them play.

How often have you watched him Vanolder ? Maybe if he was foreign and cost £20 million you'd be happier even if you never seen him play ?

I hope we get him.

He is 25 and has played less then 40 PL games it's safe to say not many people have seen him play.

His loan spells have not worked out for him with no club running to buy him after a loan.

I did see him play at the end of last season at Villa a number of times and he was muck.

He had one or two good games under Di Matteo & Rafa at Chelsea that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Grayditch wrote: »
    I feel like Konoplankya has missed a huge opportunity, or been made to miss one. I'd say they hid his passport too, just to be on the safe side.

Problem is with konoplyanka big Sam was suppose to bid for him after he was a flop at anfield
    Big sam hasn't realised he hasn't yet moved to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MD1990 wrote: »
    According to Jay Riley( Someone I consider reliable) we are interested in Remy. I think for 8m he would be a very good signing. If we get Lovren too we would have signed 4 players who are not huge names but have PL experience & performed very well too. They wouldn't be marquee signings but it would be better business than what Spurs done last season imo.

I am surprised he hasnt gone somewhere already, for some reason was convinced he was gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I am surprised he hasnt gone somewhere already, for some reason was convinced he was gone

Were Arsenal not interested?

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Doesn't be long coming around does it. Pre season games on LFC TV I presume.

Must give my wife this exciting news seeing as she's loving all this summer football!

They need to have a summer tournament every year !! So we get a full year of football .

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

MD1990 wrote: »

We'd hardly get him for 8 million would we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Remy has 3 years left on his contract and with QPR having money to spend seemingly they might hold out for more than 8 mil. Id say hes good business at 8 mil but Id be thinking it be more of 15 million at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know it seems incongruous. But you can only go on what you've seen. Other than that slip, I don't think anyone can question that Gerrard was the better player, when going up vis-a-vis against Lucas. I think perhaps injuries have simply taken their toll on Lucas but I also think that Gerrard's ability, intelligence and vision has mitigated against his failing legs.

How many times did teams over run us in midfield when Lucas wasn't playing?

As a forward thinking player there is no comparison as Gerrard is far superior to Lucas, but defensively both are equally as slow. The majority of Gerrards play should be in the opposition half with zero defensive responsibilities.

I'd much rather see a midfield like this,

Henderson/Lucas
    Can/Allen

Gerrard

If Gerrard is one of our defensive midfielders next season then we'll ship just as many goals as we did in the last. He just doesn't have the legs to chase players anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I've seen him play, granted it was for Villa. But he looks very Ordinary there. In fact, Sterling skinned him many times, when we played against them.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I figure he's not a bad option for 6m.

Not really. Specially, if the Rumors about Spurs buying Ben Davies for 8M, are True.

Since, you actually get someone that plays regularly, just for 2M more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Super-Rush wrote: »
    How many times did teams over run us in midfield when Lucas wasn't playing?

As a forward thinking player there is no comparison as Gerrard is far superior to Lucas, but defensively both are equally as slow. The majority of Gerrards play should be in the opposition half with zero defensive responsibilities.

I'd much rather see a midfield like this,

Henderson/Lucas
    Can/Allen

Gerrard

If Gerrard is one of our defensive midfielders next season then we'll ship just as many goals as we did in the last. He just doesn't have the legs to chase players anymore.

I'd love to see more of Allen and Henderson together in CM but I don't think it is going to happen. It seems most Liverpool fans want Gerrard further forward but loads of managers don't agree!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd love to see more of Allen and Henderson together in CM but I don't think it is going to happen. It seems most Liverpool fans want Gerrard further forward but loads of managers don't agree!

I'd have to say the complete opposite. I hate watching Allen and Henderson play together in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I'd have to say the complete opposite. I hate watching Allen and Henderson play together in CM.

Tottenham 0 - 5 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I've seen him play, granted it was for Villa. But he looks very Ordinary there. In fact, Sterling skinned him many times, when we played against them.

Actually thought he was very good the day we played them and controlled his side rather well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

K-9 wrote: »

I maybe hated for this but I think leave Gerrard out of the starting 11

I don't think he's up to scratch anymore, it's time for new blood.

Of course I'm not saying get rid of him completely, get Carra and Gerrard as coaches and see what happens.

As far as Allen and Hendo playing together in CM, I don't think it's a bad combo. Both seem to play off each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

If only that game was representative of every game they've played together. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I find it to be a seriously uninspiring CM pairing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement