Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Gonna transfer them to Liverpool in football manager in a minute and see how they do :pac:

In the process now... FM's always right after all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Damiao is a flop too.

Really? Know nothing about Damiao, except he was once a Highly-rated Prospect that was Linked with Spurs, that some on here wants.

But I do know about Fred and Jo. Specially Jo.

Fred I could understand, even though he's getting Old. But Jo? Surely this Damiao would be better than Jo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

The deadline to activate Luis Suarez 75m has passed at 12 midnight - looks like he's staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

bitemeluis wrote: »
    The deadline to activate Luis Suarez 75m has passed at 12 midnight - looks like he's staying

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Vicxas wrote: »
    Source?

Google Chrome? Right click > Inspect Element

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Source?

Why would you even ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gbear wrote: »
    Why would you even ask?

Curious more than anything, im on the night shift and bored :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Really? Know nothing about Damiao, except he was once a Highly-rated Prospect that was Linked with Spurs, that some on here wants.

But I do know about Fred and Jo. Specially Jo.

Fred I could understand, even though he's getting Old. But Jo? Surely this Damiao would be better than Jo.

Just a quick glance at wiki says 3 goals in 17 brazil aps, obviosuly not including the 6 he scored in the olympics in 2012. Hes played 3 games since the new year too, he was at one stage beimg forever linked with spurs. Always seemed an average enough player who people seemed to over rate. Quite ironic how well costa would have fitted this current brazil squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Each to their own, god love him he was a tryer, but clearly lacking in ability - never the kind of player BR would sign

One of the most clutch players we've ever had. Pulled us out of so may scrapes over the years. Last minute winner against Standard Liege to get us into the Champions League. Incredible sub appearance against Portsmouth to keep us in the title hunt.

Also, scored for us in every Champions League stage, from qualifiers right through to and including the final. Incredible achievement.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

World exclusive right there! That should generate lots of chatter from the trusting folk around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Selling/Keeping Suarez will be Brendan Rodgers best bit of business this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Selling/Keeping Suarez will be Brendan Rodgers best bit of business this summer.

the wage bill isn't looking too healthy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

BMJD wrote: »
    the wage bill isn't looking too healthy though

The Rodgers second best bit of business this summer will be moving Johnson from right back to the clubs on call mathematician that can assist in tackling our finically woes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sure as night follows day.

@TonyBarretTimes
    17m

2. Liverpool have agreed fee and terms for Divock Origi but are having to hold off a late challenge from Spurs for his signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sappy404 wrote: »

@TonyBarretTimes

That's unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Sappy404 wrote: »

@TonyBarretTimes

We should bid for Welbeck just to watch spurs sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5live wrote: »

You gloriously evil bastard.

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We'd end up stuck with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Spurs are just the worst.

The below link is just annoying!

Spurs Liverpool Hijack List

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

NukaCola wrote: »

Your dead right it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Pffft, nice try!
    Not falling for that again! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Your dead right it is.

It keeps happening thats the worst thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It keeps happening thats the worst thing!

What?

The Spurs thing or the other thing?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We'd end up stuck with him.
    Welbeckisbetterthansturridge.com:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I remember years ago turning on match of the day one Saturday to watch Liverpool highlights, and seeing this extremely full blonde head of hair running around during the pre match, not having a clue who it was! Turned out it was Bjorn Kvarme who Liverpool had recently bought!

Ah to go back to the days where a player was selected in the first team before you knew a club had any interest in them - instead of the month (year) long saga of the will he / won't he!!

• Advertisement

Welbeckisbetterthansturridge.com:pac:

I think I did call him a better (or worse) version of Danny Welbeck a few times. Got a little caught up on KnexhatesSturridge train.

Also if Spurs hijack Origi we should go for Lukaku...always something I liked about him, just can't quite put my finger on it.

Can Spurs sign Ian Ayre as well? :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bit frustrating seeing players like Ozil and Sanchez head off to Arsenal but they are probably a more attractive option right now.

Really need to start purchasing some proper players...I've time enough for buying potential but if we continue down that track it will be a frustrating season for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

This is a serious question so sorry if it sounds like trolling.

Given Suarez's past why do LFC feel the need to offload him now? You guys know that even with the ban he'll be a big player for you next season.

Hyzepher wrote: »

Given Suarez's past why do LFC feel the need to offload him now? You guys know that even with the ban he'll be a big player for you next season.

One more bite and he's gone essentially, that's potential 75 million down the drain. I think it's about time we've moved on anyway, we won't be able to keep hold of him forever. Life goes on.
    Suarez bite was Liverpools fault:rolleyes:

independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/tabarez-liverpools-broken-promises-to-blame-for-luis-suarez-bite-30418239.html

On that's fine then Tabarez, he sounds like a much more pleasant fellow now seeing that he only did it to force the club that pays his wages to sell him instead of just losing the plot when under pressure :rolleyes:

Like seriously, imagine biting a customer because you knew Supervalu were interested in signing you but Centra wouldn't let you go :pac:

If there was a clause and it was met what can the club do?

It seems a clause may have been put in place when he signed his new contract last January or whenever it was.

Nothing confirmed though about this but it's been reported on a lot

He wants to go. Many including myself feel an arrangement was already in place, or at least a clause, as per Suarez's request.

Yeah, what he said... :)

I am Grayditch

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I am Grayditch

Shocking. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I am rarnes1.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Saw someone on reddit yesterday claiming that he made this up and posted it on facebook as a joke, only to discover that a load of places were quoting him the next day

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Connavar wrote: »
    Saw someone on reddit yesterday claiming that he made this up and posted it on facebook as a joke, only to discover that a load of places were quoting him the next day

Ya, I thought this was made up stuff. It doesn't surprise me that the indo lazily printed it anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm Tiger Woods

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Connavar wrote: »
    5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, I thought this was made up stuff. It doesn't surprise me that the indo lazily printed it anyhow.

Some website had quotes from the Uruguay coach that could be really loosely be mis interpreted to say what is said in the article. It evolved from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nobody wanted or even entertained the idea of the club selling him before the bite, unless it was for stupid money. The benefits far out weighed thje risks, and many thought he was something of a reformed character!

The third bite shows he isn't and if he does something stupid again it'll be 6 months or a year out. The risk has quadrupled in my view.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If there was a clause and it was met what can the club do?

It seems a clause may have been put in place when he signed his new contract last January or whenever it was.

Nothing confirmed though about this but it's been reported on a lot

Well if there is a clause then I can imagine the club saying you pay this or go away . I can see the club wanting every penny in one go . That could be the reason this transfer is fairly dragging . I can imagine Barcelona want to pay over a number of years .
    I do think there is a clause in the contract . It just seems the sticky point is payment .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

brevity wrote: »
    Bit frustrating seeing players like Ozil and Sanchez head off to Arsenal but they are probably a more attractive option right now.

Really need to start purchasing some proper players...I've time enough for buying potential but if we continue down that track it will be a frustrating season for us.

I'm happy enough we haven't blown half our Suarez cash on the likes of Ozil. A classy enough player but doesn't seem to have an edge to his game, ie he cannot step it up when really called upon. I just pray Markovic and ANother new signings have more of the "garra charrua" than the "prima donna" about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Did we sign anyone yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well if there is a clause then I can imagine the club saying you pay this or go away . I can see the club wanting every penny in one go . That could be the reason this transfer is fairly dragging . I can imagine Barcelona want to pay over a number of years .
    I do think there is a clause in the contract . It just seems the sticky point is payment .

We'll help yiz out in that regard when we give them the few pound for Sanchez. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

garra wrote: »
    I'm happy enough we haven't blown half our Suarez cash on the likes of Ozil. A classy enough player but doesn't seem to have an edge to his game, ie he cannot step it up when really called upon. I just pray Markovic and ANother new signings have more of the "garra charrua" than the "prima donna" about them.

I think you're in the minority there. Any Liverpool fans I know are still waiting on the marquee signing to try and fill the Suarez shaped hole in the team. A player with as big a name as Özil had when he signed for Arsenal would have the majority of Liverpool fans drowning in their own jizz.

I think I want to see Jackson Martinez line out for us next year. I think that would be bloody amazing. I think it's doable as well given that he's dropping hints in the media that he would be open for a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think you're in the minority there. Any Liverpool fans I know are still waiting on the marquee signing to try and fill the Suarez shaped hole in the team. A player with as big a name as Özil had when he signed for Arsenal would have the majority of Liverpool fans drowning in their own jizz.

In fairness who wouldn't?

I suppose it's probably more fitting for us because we are losing what many people think is one of the top 3 players in the world. We always have the dreamers who want unrealistic and unachievable marquee signings every Summer, but we've the financial clout and the much sought after CL football to actually have a real go at getting one this Summer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement