Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Suburb in Cork - Working in Mahon

Options
  • 25-06-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All, I am thinking of taking a job in Mahon at the moment. I currently live in West Cork, so am considering moving closer if I take the job. My question is: Where is the best suburb to live around Cork? By that I mean good schools, transport, and safety.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JeffDar

I live in Farranree and love it here! Gets my vote! Never had an issue here in terms of safety and school and transport links are pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Blackrock or Ballintemple would be your best bet. Great schools etc, on a main bus route to the city and within walking distance to mahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Not many places to rent in those areas, that's a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Ballinlough too, some of Mahon is as good too. Odd park not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

congrats on the job.. There are a few options really. Very local you have Blackrock, Ballintemple, Ballinlough which are all safe enough and have a good bus route all that goes. a little further out then you have Rochestown or Douglas, Marybourough..Traffic there in the mornings can be a dose but traffic going to Mahon Point is a dose anyway one way in and one way out type of a thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement