Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share search options

Options
  • 25-06-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on the look out for a House Share for my girlfriend of 25 from Mayo as she is starting a new job as a Beauty Therapist in Portmarnock soon. I also live and work in Dublin and I am tied to a lease and plus I am only new to my job so i need to live near which is far from Portmarnock, so the option of us living together is off the table for the time being.

She requires a double room in the range of 350-400 p/m in areas such as Portmarnock, Malahide, Baldoyle, Sutton, Clongriffen, etc. Portmarnock is easily and quickly accessed from these areas.

I have looked at all the websites such as daft.ie, rent.ie and adverts, and also have an add on gumtree. All these websites have the same properties on them and each suburb or town has barely a few properties on offer. I feel there has to be more of an option out there for people looking to rent a place. Of all the apartment buildings and houses built over the years and with rent creeping up, you would think that there are more options available.

Am I missing something? Are there other places to look? Does anyone know of a property in these areas that could help?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mike Tobacco

For that budget you'll do well to find what you're looking for. Portmarnock is not that easily accessible, except by DART or the 32 bus (the 42 goes there but goes to Seabury and Malahide first which is a big detour).

Any location with a DART station gets higher rents. Portmarnock and the areas around it are generally very nice, sought after locations to boot which means higher rent again. So €400 pm for a double room is unlikely, probably even for a single room.

If she can't afford more than that I'd suggest looking either a bit closer to town in areas such as Donaghmede, Kilbarrack, Killester, Fairview, or on the far side of Malahide on the commuter rail line - Donabate, Rush, Skerries, Balbriggan (but she'll be miles out of town then).

Advertisement