Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 router won't allow spaces in WiFi password

Options
  • 25-06-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey folks

Just had fibre installed (and eVision too), which came with the new F1000 router (very shiny).

For some reason it won't allow me to use the same passphrase ever other router I've ever owned has used, including the eircom one I used previously. My entire family are always around mine, and I've the WiFi set up to mimic my parents, basically to save myself a headache lol.

The passcode I use is a simple sentence that includes upper and lower case letters and multiple spaces. For some reason this router won't allow the spaces, despite the fact that WPA2 protocol allows it.
    "This is similar to the sentence that I use"

Anyone got any advice? I know it's not a huge deal, but anything to save setting up a zillion devices again lol.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Xander wrote: »
    Hey folks

Just had fibre installed (and eVision too), which came with the new F1000 router (very shiny).

For some reason it won't allow me to use the same passphrase ever other router I've ever owned has used, including the eircom one I used previously. My entire family are always around mine, and I've the WiFi set up to mimic my parents, basically to save myself a headache lol.

The passcode I use is a simple sentence that includes upper and lower case letters and multiple spaces. For some reason this router won't allow the spaces, despite the fact that WPA2 protocol allows it.
    "This is similar to the sentence that I use"

Anyone got any advice? I know it's not a huge deal, but anything to save setting up a zillion devices again lol.

Thanks!

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Xander

I've just been speaking to technical support in relation to this and they have confirmed that the f1000 will not allow spaces in passwords and unfortunately there is no know work around on this. I agree & understand it would be handy and apologies for the headache Xander [/font]
    :)[font=Times New Roman","serif]

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Use underscores between words?

GAAman wrote: »
    Use underscores between words?
    Good call GAAman

I think that's the closest work around I can think of ...

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Xander

Thanks for the input folks. :)

Just gonna remove the spaces and create a new WiFi broadcast name to avoid confusion lol.

Xander wrote: »
    Thanks for the input folks. :)

Just gonna remove the spaces and create a new WiFi broadcast name to avoid confusion lol.
    No worries Xander

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement