Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom messing me around.

Options
  • 25-06-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

I have signed up for efibre. I signed up via online chat stupidly thinking that would be easiest.

I gave all the details signed up and was given options for instal date. I choose 27th morning instal. Was told that's fine. Then I get email saying instal will be 30th??? I spoke to a very unhelpful girl who basically said well my system says 30th and can't do anything sooner.

I then rang and was told the same thing on phone but was told that instal dates can't be confirmed online so the date I was given via email is my instal date. The date was the day I go on holidays. So now I've had to rearrange it for the 9th so I will be waiting 19days for install.
    To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I took the 27th of work for the instal and I even double checked it on chat just to be sure. So now I have wasted a day off work and now will have to book another 1.

This was not my mistake it was eircoms so why should I be made wait. If this is a sign of the appalling customer service I can expect then maybe I should run now!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

danois wrote: »
    I have signed up for efibre. I signed up via online chat stupidly thinking that would be easiest.  

I gave all the details signed up and was given options for instal date. I choose 27th morning instal. Was told that's fine. Then I get email saying instal will be 30th??? I spoke to a very unhelpful girl who basically said well my system says 30th and can't do anything sooner.  

I then rang and was told the same thing on phone but was told that instal dates can't be confirmed online so the date I was given via email is my instal date. The date was the day I go on holidays. So now I've had to rearrange it for the 9th so I will be waiting 19days for install.
    To say I am annoyed is an understatement. I took the 27th of work for the instal and I even double checked it on chat just to be sure. So now I have wasted a day off work and now will have to book another 1.

This was not my mistake it was eircoms so why should I be made wait. If this is a sign of the appalling customer service I can expect then maybe I should run now!!!!
    Hi danois

Apologies for the inconvenience & disappointment caused by this. In some cases the initial appointment may need to be changed however it should be made more clear that the date is provisional (this being the 27th in your case) when ordering. I will make sure your feedback on the appointment process gets to operations and if there is anything I can help with in the future please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Hi danois

Apologies for the inconvenience & disappointment caused by this. In some cases the initial appointment may need to be changed however it should be made more clear that the date is provisional (this being the 27th in your case) when ordering. I will make sure your feedback on the appointment process gets to operations and if there is anything I can help with in the future please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

Thing is you being sorry is of no help to me. I am still down a days holidays in work which will be 2 once I take the second day. It means my kids have no access to internet to tv or broadband for the guts of 3 weeks. Why can no one in eircom get their act together and find someone who can install my phone on the date I was given. Not once but twice I was given that date and both times in writing. Explain to me why even tho it's the appointment I was given I am expected to change it because yous have messed up?

It will cost me a small fortune on the kids mobile phones too as I will have to pay for extra credit for them. This is just not good enough. I left upc because their customer service was crap I was expecting more from eircom

Hi danois

Thanks
    Al

Thing is you being sorry is of no help to me. I am still down a days holidays in work which will be 2 once I take the second day. It means my kids have no access to internet to tv or broadband for the guts of 3 weeks. Why can no one in eircom get their act together and find someone who can install my phone on the date I was given. Not once but twice I was given that date and both times in writing. Explain to me why even tho it's the appointment I was given I am expected to change it because yous have messed up?

It will cost me a small fortune on the kids mobile phones too as I will have to pay for extra credit for them. This is just not good enough. I left upc because their customer service was crap I was expecting more from eircom
    Hi danois

We will be unable to bring the appointment forward and I'm sorry if you cannot cancel your day off planned for Friday the 27th. If you wish to make a complaint you can do so by contacting eircom accounts on free phone 1901 - apologies once again.

Al

Hi danois

We will be unable to bring the appointment forward and I'm sorry if you cannot cancel your day off planned for Friday the 27th. If you wish to make a complaint you can do so by contacting eircom accounts on free phone 1901 - apologies once again.

Al

Do eircom just not want new customers. I am so far past angry at this stage. So firstly I took a day off work that was a total waste because yous changed the install date. Then I wait in all morning and surprise no sign of technician. I rang to see what the hell is going on and was told no idea why they didn't come no message left on the system and no idea if they are even coming. I asked can she contact him and see what's happening and was told that no she has no way to do that. So I am supposed to sit in and hope they turn up if not I can ring back after 12 tomorrow to reschedule for the 3rd time!!!!!!!!!

Total joke.

Hi danois

Al

Do eircom just not want new customers. I am so far past angry at this stage. So firstly I took a day off work that was a total waste because yous changed the install date. Then I wait in all morning and surprise no sign of technician. I rang to see what the hell is going on and was told no idea why they didn't come no message left on the system and no idea if they are even coming.  I asked can she contact him and see what's happening and was told that no she has no way to do that. So I am supposed to sit in and hope they turn up if not I can ring back after 12 tomorrow to reschedule for the 3rd time!!!!!!!!!

Total joke.
    Hi danois

I'm very sorry to hear this, the best advice I can offer is to contact the efibre team on free phone 1901 for an update, also if you would like to PM me your order or account number I will look in to this to see if there is any further information I can offer.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi danois

I'm very sorry to hear this, the best advice I can offer is to contact the efibre team on free phone 1901 for an update, also if you would like to PM me your order or account number I will look in to this to see if there is any further information I can offer.

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent and surprise surprise no reply!

Hi danois

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent and surprise surprise no reply!
    Hi danois

I see you have PM'd me - I'm unable to offer an immediate response however I will look in to this very shortly and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi danois

I've been informed that this is currently being looked in to by efibre operations although at this stage they can confirm there is no appointment currently scheduled.

I have asked to be kept update and as soon as we have more information we will let you know right away.

Al

Hi danois

I've been informed that this is currently being looked in to by efibre operations although at this stage they can confirm there is no appointment currently scheduled.

I have asked to be kept update and as soon as we have more information we will let you know right away.

Al

I have a letter here and a text saying there was an appointment. I have been on the phone with the idiots on your phone line trying to cancel my account but was on hold for 25 min and twice I was out through to the wrong department. Still on hold as I type. I was told 3 times today that they could see the appointment and that it was still on the schedule now you tell me it never existed.

I am cancelling my contract and you can take this as my cancelation. I want my account stopped immediately. I also want a number or an email to send an official complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi danois

Al

I have a letter here and a text saying there was an appointment. I have been on the phone with the idiots on your phone line trying to cancel my account but was on hold for 25 min and twice I was out through to the wrong department. Still on hold as I type. I was told 3 times today that they could see the appointment and that it was still on the schedule now you tell me it never existed.

I am cancelling my contract and you can take this as my cancelation. I want my account stopped immediately. I also want a number or an email to send an official complaint
    Hi danois

I am sorry that you have had such difficulties with getting the efibre connected. I have requested that this be cancelled for you,

Colm

• Advertisement

Hi danois

I am sorry that you have had such difficulties with getting the efibre connected. I have requested that this be cancelled for you,

Colm

I still want the details to send an official complaint. I took a day and a half off work for no reason. I wasted hours on the phone. I want this dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi danois

Colm

I still want the details to send an official complaint. I took a day and a half off work for no reason. I wasted hours on the phone. I want this dealt with.
    Hi danois

Once again I would like to apologise for the errors that were made in setting up your efibre appointment.

You can log a complaint by calling Customer Care on 1901 or you can also do so by Post by addressing it as follows, Complaints Dept, Eircom, Telephone House, Marlborough St, Dublin 1.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement