Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schtate of the Streets in Cork!

Options
  • 25-06-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

I've been walking to work the last week or so and noticed that the streets are fecking filthy. Outside where A-Wear used to be there's a trail of blood leading all the way around to Gentleman's corner!!! Its been there for the best part of a week! The paths don't seemed to have been cleaned in ages or else washed with dity or unclean equipment just creating a bigger mess - Anyone else notice this? Place needs a good power hose!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I've never seen the streets being power hosed before, except to pick gum off and that leaves the street looking like it has vitiligo, so not sure why they'd start now. :( Council tends to rely on the rain to wash the most egregious stains away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I guess the rain usually does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Some day a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I agree. The city is very shabby these days and the filth on the paths does not help at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I've never seen the streets being power hosed before, except to pick gum off and that leaves the street looking like it has vitiligo, so not sure why they'd start now. :( Council tends to rely on the rain to wash the most egregious stains away.

you'd often (around 9am) see one of those street cleaners machines whizzing around patrick street scrubbing it, or sometimes i'll walk out of a shop thinking "did it rain while i was in there" and the footpath will be all wet, while the one over by easons is dry, then i realise it was just washed, so they do clean it, (the debenhams side anyways :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

hoodwinked wrote: »
    you'd often (around 9am) see one of those street cleaners machines whizzing around patrick street scrubbing it, or sometimes i'll walk out of a shop thinking "did it rain while i was in there" and the footpath will be all wet, while the one over by easons is dry, then i realise it was just washed, so they do clean it, (the debenhams side anyways :D )

Not power washing though. Those machines don't really clean all that well I find. You can literally see stains left behind if you walk after one.

Advertisement