Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any program or sites that can help me determine future dates

Options
  • 25-06-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I am wondering are there any programs or websites that you to determine future dates ie if could determine the exact day and date of say 38765 days from now or from any date in past

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're going before 1900 or after 2100 it gets complicated because neither of those years was a leap year and the likes of Excel gets confused.

It gets even more complicated before 1752 when GB and her colonies (including Ireland and most of North America) adopted the Gregorian calendar and skipped 11 days.

Exactly what are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

coylemj wrote: »
    If you're going before 1900 or after 2100 it gets complicated because neither of those years was a leap year and the likes of Excel gets confused.

It gets even more complicated before 1752 when GB and her colonies (including Ireland and most of North America) adopted the Gregorian calendar and skipped 11 days.

Exactly what are you trying to do?

Only start from 2000 AD and am wondering just how far into the future can I check into and what program other than excel can help me do that

I just tried Excel and it seems to correctly handle the lack of a Feb 29th in the years 2100, 2200 and 2300. If you put dates into cells, you can perform regular arithmetic like calculating the difference between two dates by subtracting the earlier date from the later date and similarly you can add a number 'nnn' (of days) to a date to get the date that many days into the future.

Why are you looking for an alternative to Excel, are you writing a program?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

coylemj wrote: »
    I just tried Excel and it seems to correctly handle the lack of a Feb 29th in the years 2100, 2200 and 2300. If you put dates into cells, you can perform regular arithmetic like calculating the difference between two dates by subtracting the earlier date from the later date and similarly you can add a number 'nnn' (of days) to a date to get the date that many days into the future.

Why are you looking for an alternative to Excel, are you writing a program?

It's more out of curiosity for researching a creative project book. There should be a program that let's you do that online should there be

There should be a program that let's you do that online should there be

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Wolfram Alpha is what you want

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=38765+days+from+now

Tuesday, August 13, 2120

Advertisement