Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older account banned

Options
  • 25-06-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi

I have an older account which I had used for a long time (account was 'NakQuada').

It was banned long ago, but I was never given an explanation as to why.

Is it possible to have my account unbanned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You were banned because you advertised a lifestyle website in 2007. Not impressed that you registered to bypass the ban to be honest. Any explanation as to why you did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the quick response.

I never deliberately advertised any 'lifestyle' website, or if I did mention something at the time it was never intended as an advertisement in any way. I contacted mods before but never got a response. I just logged in one day and was banned. No warning, no explanation.

If I did something at the time that was deemed wrong by a mod, im not going to disagree with that. Rules are rules. I do, however, apologise and sincerely state that I did not intentionally do wrong.

I have been a long time boards.ie member and have always obeyed the rules as much as I possibly could. I've never been a grievance to any other member, or done anything that would warrant a permaban.

Ok, I see that you haven't caused issues in the last 7 years. I can lift the ban on the old account and either remove this account's access, or you could close this account. Which do you prefer?

Thanks Gordon, that's much appreciated.

I can close this account, no problem there. It's linked to my adverts.ie, but I'm sure I can relink the older a/c?

Not sure how you link accounts, sorry, dunno if it's possible.

Do you definitely have access to the old account now?

• Advertisement

I can still access my old account.

I can leave this a/c be for a few days if needs be, and if all is ok I will just close it.

OK cool, unbanned now.

Thank you Gordon,

Much appreciated

Advertisement