Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying .22lr subs online and Win Subs

Options
  • 25-06-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are the 40gr Winchester Subsonic in the blue and red box the same?
    Also anyone one see the 42gr subsonics their new and meant to be alot better?

Also where can i buy subsonics online with cheep postage,What to buy a few diff if possible(eley , lapua etc)

Any recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Gunstore has good shipping 5.00 euro not bad!

Anywhere else lads want to try eley subs and lapua

Also are the win subs in blue and red box the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

Sportsden.ie

They have lapua and eley subs

I see eley sport at 1085 fps makin em subs i dont see the lapua lad.Link?

• Advertisement

I was in the shop last week and they had some,I'd say if ya give them a ring they will sort ya out,good lads to deal with

Thanks how much a box can you remember

I can't I'm afraid,bought a good few bits

alright thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Usually use Eley subs or Winchester as they maintain the same point of zero. I recently bought a box of Lapua subs from Sportsden, I was happy with the performance, noise level and same point of zero. Hard hitting rabbit getter at same cost as the Eley and Winchester.

• Advertisement

As many people say some rifles like some ammo and some dont ....

Will try a few when i get my 452 licence (licenced under my guardian still waiting on mine shes undergoing stock refinishin at the moment) and then stick to one type of subsonicand one high velocity and then federal bulk ...

What every is accurate and is in line left and right will do.Mine is zeroed with wins and then the cci subs and off to the left but the stingers and feds are in line with the wins ...so wont be buyin ccis again if there hitting to the right...these groups were shot by my licenced guardian and not me just to be clear :pac:

I found the winchesters had very little stopping power while out on a recent walk through one of my permissions
    I actually have a picture of a big ammo test myself and a mate did last month,will stick it up now in a min

If memory serves me right theses were all done at 70 yards,from a cz 452 and cz 455,wind picked up a small bit toward the end of day

[IMG][/img]061789F5-CD69-443D-B6BF-140D17E10A48_zpso7h6wssb.jpg

Win subs look good and lapua...cz 452 on top or bottom groups?

452 is on top,the 455 was only new at the time we did this

ill have to do the same maybe!thanks for putting it up,btw is the trigger in urs done...was thinking of gettin a yodave

Both are completely standard ,only problem I found with the eleys was that they were very dirty
    Personally I go with cci subs and mini mags,then again evey rifle is different,get a few different brands and see what your happy with yourself :)

Advertisement