Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted/unsolicited Avant card letters.

Options
  • 25-06-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I keep getting letters from Avant card telling me I have a credit card with a balance and credit limit. I believe this is related to Bank of Ireland. Can you tell me how to stop this unsolicited mail and close the account. I haven't had a credit card with bank of Ireland (or any bank) for about 10 years. Even though one does appear on my 365 account. Did Avant card get my personal details from Bank of Ireland? Any advice and answers to the above would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi kidsan, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We can assure you that Bank of Ireland would not supply any of your details to another Credit Card provider. Avant Credit Cards are not linked to Bank of Ireland. As you are receiving letters from Avant we would suggest that you contact them directly to enquire further and request a closure of the account if necessary. You can find contact details of Avant here.

If this Credit Card is appearing on your 365 Online as a payee you can delete this yourself online when logged in. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kidsan

Thanks Elaine, I appreciate the quick response. The credit card account is showing as an account on my 365 accounts screen underneath the link to my current account. Do all 365 accounts show a credit card account underneath the current account? It shows 0.00 balance. Thanks for your help. I just want to be sure about what credit card accounts exist with my name on them. I thought my old MBNA (now Avant) credit card via bank of Ireland. Must have been mistaken. If you could answer the above about the credit card account appearing on my 365 accounts screen I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi kidsan, 

Thanks for coming back to us.

As you've mentioned that you can still view a Credit Card account on your 365 Online profile this would indicate that your old Bank of Ireland Credit card has yet to be removed from your 365 Online viewing profile. 

As we don't have account access here we are unfortunately unable to confirm this for you however, you can send a secure message through the Online Service Desk directly to our BOI 365 Team. The representatives who answer these queries have full account access and can confirm if the account is closed and then remove this card from your profile.  

We hope we have helped clear this up for you, and again, if there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement