Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating system restore points from cistom dates

Options
  • 25-06-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Need to use system restore to solve a problem however somehow got deleted and so I want to create a restore point for say last week but how can do that when I try to make one I can only make one for day. Is it possble to make older ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You'll need a time travel machine, you can only create a restore point on the day you make it. What's the actual problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Now there's a feature I'd pay for !!

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Many software installations, Windows Update installs will automatically create a restore point before they run in the event that something fails. System restore will not save as many points if the OS drive is running low on space, SSDs especially. Not sure if restore points can be saved on another drive. Realistically you shouldn't need to manually create a restore point, although before running an installation or changing system settings it may be no harm

Nick

Advertisement