Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre County Galway

Options
  • 25-06-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

Two questions - Living in Oughterard Co Galway and having suffered max line speeds of 1.5mb down and 150kb up for years am eagerly awaiting eFibre to launch here.

Originally your map said we'd have eFibre in May 2014, then it moved to June 2014 and now has moved to July 2014. In anticipation of the eFibre launch I moved back to Eircom from Vodafone and the rep explained they were waiting for KN networks to connect the Fibre from the exchange to the Fibrebox in our estate. Any guesses when this will actually happen?

Secondly, since moving back to Eircom we got the new modem and the wireless signal strength appears to be much lower than the previous Vodafone modem. I know the line speeds dont change as they are what they are for now but is there a reason the signal strength seems to have significantly dropped off?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Caribs

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately the advised dates for efibre availabilty on the efibre webpage are subject to change as there are a number of factors that can affect the roll-out. It is not possible for me to advise you of an exact date for when efibre will be available to your address as when the efibre becomes available in the Oughterard area this is the date for the commencement of the roll-out and not all addresses within the area will be able to order the efibre all at once as individual cabinets within the area will be enabled at different times. In other words, efibre will be not available to all homes within Oughterard from July.

In relation to the Broadband speed query, I would advise doing the following troubleshooting.

Self Troubleshooting

If this does not help, please contact Technical Support on 1890 260 260 for help with this.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement