Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s water damage

• 25-06-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi all,

Left my iphone unattended in work today, came back and it wasn't working, brought it into shops for advice and I was told it was water damaged - probably someone in work who dropped it in watwr by accident - absolure ****s.

Anyway, advised in shop to send it back to Apple who will get in contact with me about fixing / replacing it.

Anybody have any experience as to what this entails?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Shop is right, send it back to apple. Don't do it through the shop though, just contact apple directly yourself (quicker, better, less hassle).
    Unfortunately if it is water damaged the out-of-warranty repair price is €261.30
    See here: http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone
    For that your phone will just be replaced.
    You could try to go to a local phone shop and see if the can fix it for less, make sure they quote you first though. Also this will most likely void your warranty so if they try and then can't fix it the apple route will likely not be an option anymore...

Advertisement