Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT help needed asap!

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I recently bought a camera from a reputable shop in cork city on behalf of the company I work for. The total cost was 680 euro. It turns out the camera shop is now closed and is in liquidation. I began to get anxious four weeks after when the camera had not yet arrived to my place of business. The company secretary then tells me the card was charged twice. I contacted the business owner who informed me he made a mistake and would refund the following day. I asked for an e mail with proof of refund and he mailed it to me.

So today the company bank statements came in and surprise surprise no refund. I went to check my e mail so I could contact bank and the e mail is no longer there. ~If he has deleted the e mail account will all e mails he sent also be deleted?

Im really anxious! Have to face boss in the morning!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

newbie12 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently bought a camera from a reputable shop in cork city on behalf of the company I work for. The total cost was 680 euro. It turns out the camera shop is now closed and is in liquidation. I began to get anxious four weeks after when the camera had not yet arrived to my place of business. The company secretary then tells me the card was charged twice. I contacted the business owner who informed me he made a mistake and would refund the following day. I asked for an e mail with proof of refund and he mailed it to me.

So today the company bank statements came in and surprise surprise no refund. I went to check my e mail so I could contact bank and the e mail is no longer there. ~If he has deleted the e mail account will all e mails he sent also be deleted?

Im really anxious! Have to face boss in the morning!

The email shouldn't be deleted from your computer no.

Are you sure you didn't put it in a safe folder or god forbid delete it yourself?
    Have you checked your trash folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 newbie12

yes did all that. What is there is the e mail I replied to him with just saying thanks. When you scroll down you can see that he had mailed me the words "as requested" but the pictures of the receipt and refund receipt were not there. Literally just the words "as requested".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

yes did all that. What is there is the e mail I replied to him with just saying thanks. When you scroll down you can see that he had mailed me the words "as requested" but the pictures of the receipt and refund receipt were not there. Literally just the words "as requested".

That's bit weird tbh.

Did you buy the camera with a credit card? You can initiate a chargeback with the card company if you did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Log into the actual site of your email , hotmail.com or gmail.com and login there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can you not simply cancel the payment off the card?

• Advertisement

It was either laser or credit card. Ill have to check that tomorrow I cant remember off hand. Would you think it will make a difference if the shop has since closed? im fuming, he has re-opened literally around the corner under a different name!

Will have to look at that tomorrow and look at the fraud angle. I was just hoping to recover the photos first.

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    Log into the actual site of your email , hotmail.com or gmail.com and login there

done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

done

The original email he sent you should be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Will have to look at that tomorrow and look at the fraud angle. I was just hoping to recover the photos first.

What photos? Your OP reads as if you purchased a camera and you were charged two times but have still not received said camera.

• Advertisement

Was charged twice. Camera arrived a month later by taxi to work so I thought all was ok.When the bank statements arrived at work it stated our card had been twice charged. So I called him and eventually he sent me a text saying he would refund the next day. I asked for e mail with proof of refund and a receipt for the camera because it arrived without one. got an e mail the following morning with the words "as requested" and two photos, one of handwritten receipt and the other a picture of a refund slip from the till. That e mail is no longer in my inbox. I replied to it sayingno thanks and you can see that e mail in my "sent" folder. When you scroll down you can see I am replying to him and the words "as requested" but no pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Was charged twice. Camera arrived a month later by taxi to work so I thought all was ok.When the bank statements arrived at work it stated our card had been twice charged. So I called him and eventually he sent me a text saying he would refund the next day. I asked for e mail with proof of refund and a receipt for the camera because it arrived without one. got an e mail the following morning with the words "as requested" and two photos, one of handwritten receipt and the other a picture of a refund slip from the till. That e mail is no longer in my inbox. I replied to it sayingno thanks and you can see that e mail in my "sent" folder. When you scroll down you can see I am replying to him and the words "as requested" but no pictures.

what email are you using?

irishgeo wrote: »
    what email are you using?

hotmail.com

hotmail.com

Have you a. checked your inbox for the original mail from him, and b. checked if you can click on the as requested mail to expand it and see the full message?

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you a. checked your inbox for the original mail from him, and b. checked if you can click on the as requested mail to expand it and see the full message?

I have just tried that thanks, the message of the mail is there just not the attachments. Im baffled.

I have just tried that thanks, the message of the mail is there just not the attachments. Im baffled.

In your inbox or sent mail?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If the copy of the receipt was a photo and not an attachment, the original location of the photo may have been deleted (e.g. Flickr etc)., thus not in the email. You would see a box where it was illustrating the image could not be found.

Make sure to click "Display Images".

Just my 2c

Advertisement