Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilaid

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone! I ordered fertilaid for me and my boyfriend as we have been trying to get pregnant for a while now and no luck. I started taking them today but I'm a bit confused as to how they actually work. A lot of people have said they got pregnant after a month of taking them. I know this is probably a silly question but did anyone who has got pregnant by using this just try (have sex) at times of ovulation? I worked out I'm most fertile 16th - 21st of July so should I only try at that time? I will only have been taking them 21 days or so, so what are the chances? Could I hear about how anyone else planned or worked it just so I've an idea? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annie_ie

Hi Aideen, Where did you order these from? Ive read they are really good and would like to give them a go myself. We are trying the last year and no luck yet :( starting to get a bit panicky now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aideenjaymie

Hi Annie! I am the same, I was starting to panic too. Went to the doc and said I was just a bit worried that maybe I couldn't get pregnant but she said I was fine and that it just takes time. (Although she didn't actually check me out properly!).. I was looking up so many things but the Fertilaid seemed to have the best reviews and success stories so I said I'd give them a go. I ordered from Amazon, as no other website would deliver to Ireland. We've been taking them a few days now so let's hope they work! Fingers crossed and best of luck to you both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Fertilaid really seemed to do the trick for me! I'm almost 38 weeks gone. Cycles were a bit wonky after coming off the pill and I definitely noticed a change in OV symptoms. I used fertilaid in conjunction with the clearblue advanced OV tests (the ones with the flashy smile).

Fertilaid seemed to move my OV date forward a couple of days too, so you may want to watch out for that.

Awh so glad to hear it worked for you!! :) Can I ask how long you used it for before getting pregnant?? I was actually planning on getting the clearblue OV kit as that seemed to be the best in the shops, so ill give that a go too! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Here's my story:

I had two cycles after coming off the pill, and conceived on the third. That one ended in a miscarriage just before 7 weeks. I ordered the fertilaid and started taking them just as a new cycle was beginning. My hormones were all over the place that cycle due to the miscarriage, so didn't notice any changes there.

My next cycle was successful, and I could definitely tell the difference there. baby is due in 2 weeks!

Hope it works wonders for you.

• Advertisement

Hey Aideen , how is it going for you?

Hi Annie,

How are you?

Well no luck just yet. I kept taking them and started to use the Clearblue Ovulation Kit also. I was getting flashy smileys from the 25th right up to the 31st when I finally got my solid smiley! So we had been trying every 2nd day from the 24th and then everyday from the 31st. Since then i have had bad cramps (kinda like menstrual cramps) but also weird pinching kinda pains in my lower stomach and abdominal which i dont think ive ever had before. I got a strange feeling that i might be lucky so on 10 dpo (3 days ago) i tested with a First Response Early Test (as I have no patience whatsoever!!) but it was negative :( took the other one yesterday, 12 dpo, and negative again! :( the last two days i have achey lower back pain and sore boobs and felt sicky yesterday after work but im due my periods on friday so i think im thinking too much into it all and they'll prob just end up coming.. I stopped taking the tablets the last week but im gonna start again tmro and try them for the 2nd month.

Did you order them? If so, how you getting on? :)

Ahhh well fingers crossed its not your period arriving!! :)

We havent ordered yet as we are away for two weeks holiday at the end of this month so said we wouldnt stick to the 3 tablets a day when away and we have been a bit all over the place as moving house so said we would wait until September and start on them.

Everything crossed for you! Keep me in the loop and ill touch base once were up and running with tablets.

Hi Aideen,

Hows fertilaid going for you? Im going to start them this month

Advertisement