Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand for UppaBaby Vista bassinet

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can buy these? I have only seen them in Tony Kealys.

Also are there any alternatives to their own one? I have looked can only see one on amazon US that wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

TRS30 wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can buy these? I have only seen them in Tony Kealys.

Also are there any alternatives to their own one? I have looked can only see one on amazon US that wouldn't deliver to Ireland.

Are you sure that any Moses basket stand won't fit? I loaned my mamas and papas stand to my friend who was using the uppababy bassinet and it worked just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

We just got a standard moses basket stand with our uppababy package you should be able to pick one up fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great, thanks for the replies. Will have a look in the shop when we are picking up the Uppababy. Didn't really want to have to spend €120 on a stand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I have the UppaBaby Vista, it's a good travel system, but the bassinet really might not last all that long (I think we got about eight weeks out of it). And I considered getting the stand, but now that the baby is here, I really don't see the point. When he still used to fit in the bassinet, we used to just let him sleep downstairs with it on the wheelbase ... if you're out for a walk and he falls asleep, no point waking him by taking the bassinet off the wheels and onto a stand!

Is it that you're planning on using the bassinet instead of a Moses basket at night? If so, then as mentioned, most Moses basket stands should fit OK.

I've also seen the stands secondhand on Adverts etc, if you really wanted to get one. Doesn't seem worth it though for the couple of months you might use it for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have the UppaBaby Vista, it's a good travel system, but the bassinet really might not last all that long (I think we got about eight weeks out of it). And I considered getting the stand, but now that the baby is here, I really don't see the point. When he still used to fit in the bassinet, we used to just let him sleep downstairs with it on the wheelbase ... if you're out for a walk and he falls asleep, no point waking him by taking the bassinet off the wheels and onto a stand!

Is it that you're planning on using the bassinet instead of a Moses basket at night? If so, then as mentioned, most Moses basket stands should fit OK.

I've also seen the stands secondhand on Adverts etc, if you really wanted to get one. Doesn't seem worth it though for the couple of months you might use it for!

Chattastrope I can't believe you only got 8weeks! My buster is still in his bugaboo carrycot 5 months and 9 days old!! He goes for his naps in it and when we went on hols slept overnight in it. Lol the vista must be really small?

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    Chattastrope I can't believe you only got 8weeks! My buster is still in his bugaboo carrycot 5 months and 9 days old!! He goes for his naps in it and when we went on hols slept overnight in it. Lol the vista must be really small?

He's very rolly! He didn't like not having enough room in it to roll around, and didn't like being flat on his back when out for walks ... in the buggy he can sit up and look around. He'd probably still fit in it if we tried it, but he just much prefers being able to look around him when we're out, and the seat reclines fully flat so he can sleep in it too. So there didn't seem much point keeping him in the bassinet! Also it helps that we can fold up the buggy with the seat part, you have to detach the bassinet to fold.

He's very rolly! He didn't like not having enough room in it to roll around, and didn't like being flat on his back when out for walks ... in the buggy he can sit up and look around. He'd probably still fit in it if we tried it, but he just much prefers being able to look around him when we're out, and the seat reclines fully flat so he can sleep in it too. So there didn't seem much point keeping him in the bassinet! Also it helps that we can fold up the buggy with the seat part, you have to detach the bassinet to fold.

That is true! My. Mum is mad for him to go in the buggy part so he can look around for walks. I reckon will we only get maybe another 2 weeks in carrycot. On the stand - is this the stand that turns into laundry basket? If so I know they are dear but so are nice laundry baskets!!

Thanks for the feedback.

Our plan at the minute is to have a crib beside our bed and use the bassinet if they fall asleep downstairs so you don't have to go up upstairs to put them down.

Good point about just putting it on the wheels however I think the better half would like something a bit more compact to put it on as our sitting room isn't the biggest.

Hope we might more than a couple of months out of it but I guess you never know :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback.

Our plan at the minute is to have a crib beside our bed and use the bassinet if they fall asleep downstairs so you don't have to go up upstairs to put them down.

Good point about just putting it on the wheels however I think the better half would like something a bit more compact to put it on as our sitting room isn't the biggest.

Hope we might more than a couple of months out of it but I guess you never know :)

I didn't realise you had a crib too! I wouldn't bother with a stand! The chassis of buggy has to go somewhere so just leave it on the carrycot.

Millem wrote: »
    I didn't realise you had a crib too! I wouldn't bother with a stand! The chassis of buggy has to go somewhere so just leave it on the carrycot.

Crib is free as was used by both sister and sister in law who said it was great as it fit great at the side of the bed.

Agree about the wheels so might see how it fits and then decide if we need a stand.

Thanks for the replies; so much to think about!!

• Advertisement

Bear in mind that you'll also need to put the raincover, nappy bag, etc somewhere when you're in the house ... it's really just as handy to leave the chassis up most of the time, with the raincover and nappy bag in the basket, as well as maybe a spare blanket etc. If you use a stand, all of those things need to be unloaded and reloaded every time, and you need somewhere to put them every time (as well as the chassis itself, of course.)

The only reason I'd consider a stand is if you'd be hauling the bassinet up and down the stairs all the time (i.e. if you were using it for baby to sleep in at night) - it's pretty much pointless if you're only going to be using it downstairs anyways.

Bear in mind that you'll also need to put the raincover, nappy bag, etc somewhere when you're in the house ... it's really just as handy to leave the chassis up most of the time, with the raincover and nappy bag in the basket, as well as maybe a spare blanket etc. If you use a stand, all of those things need to be unloaded and reloaded every time, and you need somewhere to put them every time (as well as the chassis itself, of course.)

The only reason I'd consider a stand is if you'd be hauling the bassinet up and down the stairs all the time (i.e. if you were using it for baby to sleep in at night) - it's pretty much pointless if you're only going to be using it downstairs anyways.

Thanks, all great points.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

We have a four week old who loves sleeping in the bassinet upstairs or downstairs. She hates her crib so we have given up on it. We carry the chassis up and down the stairs for daytime and night time use. Sounds mad but it is very doable... No need for a stand at all... By the way we are finding the uppababy brilliant in general... Def one of our better buys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We have the Vista & just use the chassis as the stand too - it's handy to have it on wheels in case he needs a bit of rocking to sleep! And then it's constructed so we can zip out the door. He's 11 weeks, and I reckon we'll get another 2 weeks (max) out of it before he outgrows it!l... Then into the toddler seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lavenderlady

I'm just wondering for sure can someone tell me the exact stand they used, as due no. 2 in March and my other lil darling will still be using buggy for naps etc so would like to be able to switch bassinet over to a stand- rocking if possible and cannot justify the price of the uppababy one!
    Thanks

I'm just wondering for sure can someone tell me the exact stand they used, as due no. 2 in March and my other lil darling will still be using buggy for naps etc so would like to be able to switch bassinet over to a stand- rocking if possible and cannot justify the price of the uppababy one!
    Thanks

We use a base from a standard mosses basket that we got from my sister. It works perfectly however doesn't rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I bought a rocking stand from mothercare for my uppababy bassinet. I kept it downstairs for naps- i didnt use it much past 4 months, but for the time I had it, it was very useful.
    http://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-rocking-stand-antique-1.html

This is the one, it looks like its gone up a fiver though! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I bought one in Tony Kealy's a week or two after the baby was born in a fit of hormones. I insisted to my husband that I had to have it, We never used it even once! It's sitting in the attic now so I can only hope we use it for baby number two :)

Woshy wrote: »
    I bought one in Tony Kealy's a week or two after the baby was born in a fit of hormones. I insisted to my husband that I had to have it, We never used it even once! It's sitting in the attic now so I can only hope we use it for baby number two :)

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I have the Vista stand and we discovered something really handy. The adaptors from our car seat fit in it too so if our little one falls asleep in the car seat we bring her in and pop her straight onto the stand. That way she can sleep on a bit and is out of the way of the dogs.

She won't sleep in the bassinet unless we've been on a walk and then she stays conked out in it even after the walk. She's 2 months old now and I imagine we'll use it for as long as we can as it gives such protection against the elements at this time of year.

Advertisement