Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instrumentation Courses in Ireland????

Options
  • 25-06-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I'm a qualified electrician 6 years now and my main area of work was around MV with some LV fault finding thrown in the mix also. When I say LV I mean 230/400v. Recently i started a new job in a factory that includes instrumentation work. Apprentices in the factory get an e&i apprenticeship but I done a degree in DIT part time which gave me an introduction to automation and instrumentation in one of the modules, which definitely helped me to get the job.

Anyway what I'm wondering is there anywhere in the country that runs instrumentation training courses, maybe through fas or a private training company as I'd like to brush up on that side of things and learn more about it instead of going into the job and looking like I'm staring into a field of thistles when an instrumentation problems arise!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ploki90

congratulations on the job.
    FAS baldoyle run a 10 week full time course twice a year. its a good course with a good reputation. i worked with a guy that done a 9 week (i think) night course, 2 nights a week. probably a lot less in the course but it might suit you better. i'm not sure where he done it though but at least you know these courses are out there. ill post again if i find out...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Carlow IT have one too, they dont always run it if the numbers are too small

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Stoner wrote: »
    Carlow IT have one too, they dont always run it if the numbers are too small
    do they still run it
    I emailed them and didnt receive a response

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Micks,

One of the guys i work with is on a pending list for September, last time we spoke there was still no word if it was running, I'll ask him again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Stoner wrote: »
    Micks,

One of the guys i work with is on a pending list for September, last time we spoke there was still no word if it was running, I'll ask him again next week.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

ploki90 wrote: »
    congratulations on the job.
    FAS baldoyle run a 10 week full time course twice a year. its a good course with a good reputation. i worked with a guy that done a 9 week (i think) night course, 2 nights a week. probably a lot less in the course but it might suit you better. i'm not sure where he done it though but at least you know these courses are out there. ill post again if i find out...

The Baldoyle one is a no go for the foreseeable future as the lecturer who runs it is apparently sick. I was meant to start the course on the 30/06/14 which was yesterday that ran to the start of September but it was cancelled. Anyone know of any other places as i'm also an electrician and am about to enter my final year of my degree and instrumentation is the route id like to follow but my degree only touches on it slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The Baldoyle one is a no go for the foreseeable future as the lecturer who runs it is apparently sick. I was meant to start the course on the 30/06/14 which was yesterday that ran to the start of September but it was cancelled. Anyone know of any other places as i'm also an electrician and am about to enter my final year of my degree and instrumentation is the route id like to follow but my degree only touches on it slightly
    The same course is being run in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

The same course iss usually run in Cork sometime after the e/i phase 2 ends which would be concluding in October.

Advertisement