Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carry a surfboard on roof rack and car insurance

Options
  • 25-06-2014 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hey
    Just wondering if anybody would know how carrying a surfboard on a roof rack would affect an insurance claim should an accident happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Basically if your in an accident and the surfboard or roof rack causes injuries or damage to property the insurance company can void the insurance, unless you have informed them that you have placed a roof rack on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I woudent worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Notch000 wrote: »
    I woudent worry about it

Used to think that, than the roof rack was blown clear off the car...

Now always inform the insurance company

• Registered Users Posts: 21 polar58

rodento wrote: »
    Used to think that, than the roof rack was blown clear off the car...

Now always inform the insurance company

Hey Rodento, that's interesting about informing insurance company! And probably a good tip!

I use to drive with the board on the roof and never had any issues (even when driving probably too fast) but I was always very cautious about strapping down very tight and looking at it while I was driving (v little peace of mind and i suppose it can be just luck or unlucky if a part on the rack fails or straps giveout) Luckily never had an issue, Iv often passed people though driving with a board on a soft rack doing high speeds and the board is everywhere! And this is on a journey back to the east coast not down the road! I thought they were mental!!

Recently changed car though so can now fit board inside which is a lot handier!

Although someone recently said to me what if u had an accident with the board inside...but im not even going there, seems pretty snug to me!

Advertisement