Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Greenfield, Maynooth- Opinions

Options
  • 25-06-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine looking at buying here, seen lots of old posts from 2007 saying how bad the estate was, would anyone be able to give me their thoughts on what the estate is like to live in now??

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It really, hugely depends where in the estate - along the main road in; in one of the terraces, or the bit of road along the edge of the green area near those. The latter can have a lot of loitering kids around whereas the former hasn't really got any problems and the terraced/"council" section would vary road by road - its a 1960s council estate so has the same issues as every other one of those can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

by in large though the estate is decent enough?

Was a lot of stuff here from 2005-2007 but relativlty quiet since on boards about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Lots of anti-social behaviour on one block in particular. Bumped into an old neighbor from there and he said things were still mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Larsso30 wrote: »
    by in large though the estate is decent enough?

Was a lot of stuff here from 2005-2007 but relativlty quiet since on boards about it?

I wouldn't buy in the estate. I would however along the entrance road.

Nobody has really been selling there since 2007 for this question to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

From what I heard recently, the end down beside Meadowbrook is still pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Be very careful, go and visit the house at various times, especially 10-12 at night just drive through the estate and get a feel for it.

Personally I wouldn't but there, estate isn't for me, but this is just one opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

It is the area of Maynooth with negative stories associated to it, every town has one area like this. Are houses cheap there? Yes. Would I buy one? I really considered two houses there, but no.

Advertisement