Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning received from Cmod

Options
  • 25-06-2014 11:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Note: This is something I've delayed by a few days as I was waiting to see the outcome of LuckyLloyds related DRP here. I PM'd Trout when I saw him deal with Lloyds and he said I should start my own thread anyhow and he'd deal with it. I delayed a couple of days when I saw Trout say he wanted to find a home for Lloyds, but I want to get it recorded here anyhow as something I would like looked at by an admin.

The issue: Like Lloyds, this started when I replied to a baseless and unprovoked accusation from Sparks on the Horse Racing feedback thread. Lloyd got a warning for ignoring a mod warning, I got one for 'being uncivil'. I PM'd Sparks but he stopped replying to me on Friday evening.

The warning in question with the relevant post (now deleted, but obviously viewable by an admin).
    Sparks wrote:
    Dear 5starpool,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Sparks

Moderator Note

Post deleted.

Your post:
    5starpool wrote: »
    Sparks wrote: »
    You mean, set up a competing forum on the quiet, book domain names and everything else and then pick a fight with a mod to create acrimony, announce the new site and flounce off in the most obvious attempt to poach posters I've ever seen?
    Sparks wrote: »
    Category mod for the sports forum. We get asked to look in for a pair of fresh eyes.
    Frankly, my eyes are not thanking me for some of what they've had to look at in here.
    You guys do not make a good first impression. At all.

If you are here as a category mod of sports then act like one rather than post on things you think you know about. I know exactly what you are bitter about here, and I can prove you are wrong, as if you care. I'd love to see you prove you are right.

For a place where keep on topic is one of the main rules, you brought this off topic. I just wanted to say my 2c reply to you, and hopefully this can get back on topic so the horse racing guys can solve their problems.

Sparks was behaving in a manner which was abusing his role as cmod making up facts that are patently untrue to have a dig at people who were in no way involved in the horse racing item in question.

I have a fully clean record on boards in terms of infractions/warnings and don't see how my post above was worthy of a card. Sparks deleted my post but left his one up there for several hours afterwards in a blatant abuse of his role. I know there is going to be no public censure of him but that is not behaviour becoming of a cmod. I don't really care why he thinks is the truth but when he posts unsubstantiated rubbish in public, as he has done before on at least 2 occasions over the last 4.5 years I'm not just going to let it lie.

A warning isn't going to result in me getting a ban, I know that, but getting what I perceive to be an unfair one from someone who is biased in their behaviour is something I wish to challenge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I think this thread, and LuckyLloyd's thread aren't best suited to DRF - there is no ban / infraction.

I haven't forgotten about this ... I've just not had time to give it the attention it deserves.

I've a couple of ideas ... leave it with me ... I'll come back ASAP

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks. I just wanted to have the details posted so it could be looked at. I'll wait until you have time to look at it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

OK ... I'm up to speed on this. Thanks for your patience.

I think it's only fair to reverse the warning.

I will engage with Sparks offline, and ask that this topic is put to bed ... for good.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks for your time and input Trout, much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement