Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have any Blind Guardian fans here?

• 25-06-2014 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Saw them way back when they played in the Button Factory, unbelievable show! Nightfall in Middle-Earth was always one of my favourite metal albums.

Got any fans around these parts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Always enjoyed Blind Guardian, particularly when I was discovering Power Metal. Haven't really revisited them in the intervening years however. Nightfall... is certainly their finest moment but The Forgotten Tales, Twist in the Myth, Night at the Opera are quality albums. Must give them a listen again. Have they released anything of note recently, Links?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Me :)

Love Blind Guardian, first Power Metal band I really got into and the only one I still listen to regularly. Imaginations form the Other Side, Nightfall in Middle Earth and a Night at the Opera are all first class albums. Have to say though, I was really disappointed with their last release, I'd probably rank it as their worst album.

Typically I only got into them right after they player Ireland :o So I've yet to see them live.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Used to really like them but found their last few albums poor at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Haven't listened to them in an age but that's a situation I must remedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Me, and I reminded myself of how good they are by sticking them on while I was out for a run last week. Quality :)

They're on in London (Kentish Town Forum) in April 2015, very very tempted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement