Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Still nothing here yet :(

I had to force the update, was sick of waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Got my update a few hours ago, I'm liking the swipe left for apps instead of double tap, anything else that i should be checking out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I had to force the update, was sick of waiting

It came through about 7 this evening but haven't been able to charge the watch up past 80% yet!

It came through about 7 this evening but haven't been able to charge the watch up past 80% yet!

Ah first world problems lol

Does anyone use ambient mode regularly? I've never used it on the watch but am wondering what battery life is like with it turned on?

• Advertisement

Does anyone use ambient mode regularly? I've never used it on the watch but am wondering what battery life is like with it turned on?

Never used it, I would imagine it is a pretty big battery drain and the wrist flick really isn't too much hassle imo

I have ambient on constantly and go to bed with roughly 17% remaining. I'll have to see how the new update effects this now, hopefully not adversely.

I have ambient on constantly and go to bed with roughly 17% remaining. I'll have to see how the new update effects this now, hopefully not adversely.

Thats interesting, might give it a try.

My battery stats are messed up anyway as I use endomondo for 2 hours of running every day and that eats the battery

Never used it, I would imagine it is a pretty big battery drain and the wrist flick really isn't too much hassle imo
    Yeah, the wrist flick is why I've never used it tbh, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

What watch faces are we all using? I'm getting a bit bored of Pujie Black now.

Yeah, the wrist flick is why I've never used it tbh, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Minimal & Elegant at the moment, its nice and neat and really customisable

HtvO8qUmBYeJC6vuaLSaHjLKXXxstW_HJ-r5MLXECGNtqiAG2yCAHTDpbq9wi5qSpJGw=h900

• Advertisement

I downloaded this one last night and I'm liking it so far, not too busy and customizable and has all the info you need. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watch.richface.coolcircle im looking for a nice one with silver moving cogs though if anyone has come across one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That is awesome. Really impressed with this and there is plenty of settings to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

HtvO8qUmBYeJC6vuaLSaHjLKXXxstW_HJ-r5MLXECGNtqiAG2yCAHTDpbq9wi5qSpJGw=h900

I'm liking this one, plenty of customisation to it and easy to use.

I'm always messing changing the text and colours on it lol

I'm always messing changing the text and colours on it lol

There seems a decent community on G+ too. I'll have to have a proper dig through it later.

I really need to stop looking through that Google community.... Wasting so much time! :pac;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There is a whole.community developing little worlds for the minimal and elegant face, it makes the flat tyre more interesting.

Have to day, having had 5.1.1 for a few days it is a hell of a lot smoother and more responsive on my 360. Its like having a new device !

Have to day, having had 5.1.1 for a few days it is a hell of a lot smoother and more responsive on my 360. Its like having a new device !

I have to agree but on a negative note i used to have ambient on before the update and go to bed with 17% but with the 5.1.1 update I've had to turn it off because i got a low battery warning at 5pm on the first day after the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

battery drain is shocking since update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I see the Moto 360 is down to 189 in Argos at the minute. Would ye all recommend picking up one ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I see the Moto 360 is down to 189 in Argos at the minute. Would ye all recommend picking up one ?

I've had mine for 6 months and Wear it nearly every day now.

Just finding it so handy not having to take the phone out of a pocket to check messages, emails, etc. The fitness tracking stuff on it is very good I find too.

Battery life is grand and I'll easily get a day without having to charge, although it does charge fairly quickly.

There's plenty of apps that work really well with Wear and the recent update has added more wear functions that are handy.

So yeah, go for it!

I've had mine for 6 months and Wear it nearly every day now.

Just finding it so handy not having to take the phone out of a pocket to check messages, emails, etc. The fitness tracking stuff on it is very good I find too.

Battery life is grand and I'll easily get a day without having to charge, although it does charge fairly quickly.

There's plenty of apps that work really well with Wear and the recent update has added more wear functions that are handy.

So yeah, go for it!

Thanks Ferrigan. Ill convince herself we need one tonight :D

Thanks Ferrigan. Ill convince herself we need one tonight :D

:pac: if there's any questions let me know!

:pac: if there's any questions let me know!

Perfect thanks man.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys does anyone know if there is a watch that has a button that you can program? I love my LG G watch, but all too often I just want to use Voice to add a note, reminder or ask a question - but either "OK Google" does not respond, or touching the screen takes a few goes. I'd much prefer just to be able to push a button and say "Remind me to pick up dry cleaning at 5pm" etc.

Is this possible on any watches does anyone know?

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know if there is a watch that has a button that you can program? I love my LG G watch, but all too often I just want to use Voice to add a note, reminder or ask a question - but either "OK Google" does not respond, or touching the screen takes a few goes. I'd much prefer just to be able to push a button and say "Remind me to pick up dry cleaning at 5pm" etc.

Is this possible on any watches does anyone know?

I've never come across anything that could do that, but it would be handy.

• Advertisement

What exactly is the benefit to having a smart watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Tells the time and the date

And the weather
    And your texts
    Emails
    Whatsapps
    Tweets

That kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

They say the average smartphone user checks their phone 150 times a day, this just makes checking easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Any good deals out there on a decent Android Wear watch that anyone has seen lately? Sub €200 preferably

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love my Pebble, all the txt, email and social media notifications you might need plus call info, dismiss calls from the watch, send text from template or one of your own to caller and only charge the thing once a week or so. Plus weather, fitness and sleep data etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Picked up one of the cheap U80 Plus smartwatches just as kind of a trial run to see if I'd actually use one, have to say even with this it's impressed me enough to invest in a proper half decent one.

Has anyone got any experience with the Alcatel OneTouch watch? Looks decent enough, slightly cheaper version of the Moto 360.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Picked up one of the cheap U80 Plus smartwatches just as kind of a trial run to see if I'd actually use one, have to say even with this it's impressed me enough to invest in a proper half decent one.

Has anyone got any experience with the Alcatel OneTouch watch? Looks decent enough, slightly cheaper version of the Moto 360.

Is this the Alcatel in Argos ?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4186298/Trail/searchtextALCATEL.htm[\url]

I remember reading about this a while ago and completely forgot all about it.

The Moto 360 is very reasonable at the moment with the new one being announced soon, still by far the best of the android wear bunchhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00N3VH3VC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1441059795&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=moto+360&dpPl=1&dpID=41veE7IpzNL&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah that's the one, looks good to me, mostly just looking for something to show notifications easily and answer calls.
    The Moto 360 is very reasonable at the moment with the new one being announced soon, still by far the best of the android wear bunchhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00N3VH3VC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1441059795&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=moto+360&dpPl=1&dpID=41veE7IpzNL&ref=plSrch

That's not a bad price, will definitely have a look at it.

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one, looks good to me, mostly just looking for something to show notifications easily and answer calls.

That's not a bad price, will definitely have a look at it.

The Alcatel is available on the Meteor website for €99. Out of stock at the moment.

Has anyone ordered that Moto 360 ? Does it come with a two prong plug ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

People said the same about tablets.

Yeah they were right - tablets are a kids toy cleverly marketed. I have one and never use it, my phone and PC do everything my tablet can, and it's always out of battery when I need decide to use it. Technology for technology's sake.

If Apple released a plastic bag in the morning with a flashing Apple logo on the side for €500 a pop it would sell millions and be the latest "must have" gadget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I have a Pebble at the moment but am thinking of moving to Android Wear. Love the look of the Urbane but its just too expensive.

The Moto 360 is nice and a good price, is there any other alternatives for around that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

professore wrote: »
    Yeah they were right - tablets are a kids toy cleverly marketed. I have one and never use it, my phone and PC do everything my tablet can, and it's always out of battery when I need decide to use it. Technology for technology's sake.

I could not disagree more. I love my tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

syklops wrote: »
    I could not disagree more. I love my tablet.

Agreed, my ipad and android tabs are so handy, my laptop is now gathering dust under my tv :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread guys!

Bought a Moto 360 preowned as a gift for a family member. The watch band that comes with it however has a little wear and doesn't look great.

Where would be the best place to pick up a new band, in Ireland? Amazon have some but looks too late to get here or they just don't ship to Ireland.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

beardo81 wrote:
    Where would be the best place to pick up a new band, in Ireland? Amazon have some but looks too late to get here or they just don't ship to Ireland.

Try eBay. Best for that sort of thing. Plenty of companies sell straps too, just find out the size you need to fit the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Use parcel motel if shopping on Amazon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement