Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Can anyone recommend a nice metal strap for the G Watch R?
    Do watch shops in Dublin sell just straps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zen watch review available on YouTube now. Sorry can't link for some reaso . Search DetroitBorg

It looks really nice. Might have to pull the trigger on one in the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Right, I've decided to go for the LG G watch r instead of the Moto 360. Anyone know where the cheapest place to get one is

Mobilefun.ie has it right now for 261 euro might get it but waiting on carphone warehouse to stock gear s so I can c how stupid it's going to look on me so my wife won't divorce me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I am seriously thinking about getting the original Gear. It can be sourced now for €125 which is half the price of either the Lg G watch r or the moto 360 and I reckon it will do what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Quick plug:

Just released an update for my bus app which now includes a Wearable companion app :)

HppdVUC.png

Only available on the free version for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

smackyB wrote: »
    Just released an update for my bus app which now includes a Wearable companion app :)

Almost cool enough to make me wish I still used the bus. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Has anyone ordered direct from Motorola UK site? It's asking for a UK delivery address which is fine but, it's also asking for a UK billing address which I don't have.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

philidub wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered direct from Motorola UK site? It's asking for a UK delivery address which is fine but, it's also asking for a UK billing address which I don't have.

Cheers

Not tried on the Moto site before but, if its a Moto 360; Argos have it available to order. I'll be getting mine there in a few weeks ;)

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=307%2F7827

Orange EU also have it for pre order, not sure when they'll have it in stock. http://store.orange.com/eu/electronics/watch/motorola-moto-360-black-chrome-black-leather-eu-265728/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Not tried on the Moto site before but, if its a Moto 360; Argos have it available to order. I'll be getting mine there in a few weeks ;)

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=307%2F7827

Orange EU also have it for pre order, not sure when they'll have it in stock. http://store.orange.com/eu/electronics/watch/motorola-moto-360-black-chrome-black-leather-eu-265728/

Yeah I've been keeping an eye an argos alright, they have the black strap option but I'm after the stone leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got a Moto 360 as a christmas treat for myself, just picked it up this morning.

I was a little underwhelmed at first, but after playing around with it all morning and trying different faces out - I love it!

Facer app is great - plenty of brilliant options on there already and I've been playing around on Watchface Studio trying to make my own - but baffled about how to make custom hands. Anyone here using it?

Can anyone recommend a cheap wireless charging pad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

maximoose wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheap wireless charging pad?

CHOE always gets great ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Do argos get the moto 360 back in stock regularly? There seem to be none in stock in the country and I have a one4all voucher burning a hole in my wallet......

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I am seriously thinking about getting the original Gear. It can be sourced now for €125 which is half the price of either the Lg G watch r or the moto 360 and I reckon it will do what I want.

Did you pull the trigger on this already? I've an unopened black LG G watch that I'm looking rid of (unwanted gift and I already have a moto 360).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cian59

Anyone know of anywhere selling the Samsung Gear Live? Google is out of stock on both of the watches on the play store. Wonder when they'll have more available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Did you pull the trigger on this already? I've an unopened black LG G watch that I'm looking rid of (unwanted gift and I already have a moto 360).

Hi, I didn't purchase at all because I got a few blatant hints from herself that I'm getting a smartwatch for Christmas.
    I'm praying it's the gear s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

How much for the Gwatch Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    How much for the Gwatch Peter?

Dropped you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    My G Watch R is on the way finally.

I finally got my G Watch R yesterday. It's a great watch and not as big as I was expecting at all.
    I'm still getting used to it and have only tried texting and replying to whatsapp messages but it all works. If I'm out driving later I might try the navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

I finally got my G Watch R yesterday. It's a great watch and not as big as I was expecting at all.
    I'm still getting used to it and have only tried texting and replying to whatsapp messages but it all works. If I'm out driving later I might try the navigation.

Where did you guys get it from?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got my Moto 360 yesterday, love it so far. Was worried about battery life, had to charge it 3 times yesterday though I was messing at it quite a bit. Today however, 48% left after 13 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Ordered the G Watch R on Amazon.es with express delivery for €253 total yesterday :)
    (GWR was at €230 for a short time. Back to €249 now it seems)

Should have it by Tuesday hopefully

Ya I got mine on Amazon UK.
    On the lookout for a metal band for it now.

Just a note about the G Watch R battery: I was tinkering with it all day yesterday from 8am and it ended up with 33pc battery by the time I put it on the charger at 1am this morning.
    I'd expect to get more from the battery as I get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I have the G Watch R about a month now. Think it's great. The battery life has got worse since the latest update tho. Only lasts a day now at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

baldshin wrote: »
    Got my Moto 360 yesterday, love it so far. Was worried about battery life, had to charge it 3 times yesterday though I was messing at it quite a bit. Today however, 48% left after 13 hours!

i got a 360 for the pudding and the battery is average and needs to be charged once a day for sure, also if your connectivity to the phone is bad ie signal dont expect alerts on the watch overall im not sure im impressed.......well suppose i need "time" to adjust could say that was a pun lol have to watch what i say...there i go again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

moggser wrote: »
    i got a 360 for the pudding and the battery is average and needs to be charged once a day for sure, also if your connectivity to the phone is bad ie signal dont expect alerts on the watch overall im not sure im impressed.......well suppose i need "time" to adjust could say that was a pun lol have to watch what i say...there i go again:)

I got one for Christmas and I love it

Wandering about sending texts talking to my wrist haha

Now that part couldn't be more frustrating tbh... Works when it feels like it, no matter how far or close it is to the phone

• Advertisement

Now that part couldn't be more frustrating tbh... Works when it feels like it, no matter how far or close it is to the phone

Working all the time for me

Too hit n miss for me, also to the tilt to wake is also hit and miss works when it wants,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

baldshin wrote: »

Turned off ambient light ?

Have discovered that if the watch ain't tight enough on the tilt tobwake won't work,still haven't figured why it decideds not to alert ya to notifications

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Turned off ambient light ?

Yeah I've turned off ambient since day one, though might try a day with it on to see how long it lasts.
    I've also turned tilt to wake off as I found it was constantly turning itself on when I moved my arm at all.
    Averaging about 3-4% battery for every hour its on. I find it disconnects when I'm more than about 20 metres from the phone(I work in a cinema so constantly moving around a big building). All in all still quite happy. I do wish voice commands worked when not connected to data/wifi, as this would be handy for setting alarms/timers etc. I've installed the mini wear launcher which is good for setting things manually.
    Watch seems to be all over the place regarding counting steps, and rarely picks up my heart rate.

Moto 360 or LG G Watch R?

• Advertisement

kingbob387 wrote: »
    Moto 360 or LG G Watch R?

I think both have an equal number of pros and cons. I went with the Moto based on the fact I think it looks the more stylish of the 2.

Yeah I might go for Moto, any recommendation for a metal band?

Stick with the official one for now, can be got from Amazon in the US I think. Some people have reported that the pebble steel band fits, but can crack the back of the watch after a few weeks.

I'm sure though eBay and the likes will be flooded with 3rd party straps in time.

OK is anyone else having a similar prob with moto 360, if the watch is on for a period of 24hrs or maybe longer the alerts won't show up on watch but a reboot will sort it, reminds me of a Sony problem which is starting to bugg the piss out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

OK is anyone else having a similar prob with moto 360, if the watch is on for a period of 24hrs or maybe longer the alerts won't show up on watch but a reboot will sort it, reminds me of a Sony problem which is starting to bugg the piss out of me

Yes, I'v noticed the exact same thing :( I think I'm just going to reboot it every morning when I take it off charge. Hopefully there will be an update to fix it.

• Advertisement

Good man at least I don't have to smash it now lol its a pain in the hole alright mine updated twice when i powered it on

I dunno why but I amen't getting those issues with time Moto 360 at all

As a matter of interest, what phones are ye using ? Mine is a HTC One M7

Yeah thats it, and charge it up so it will install the 5.0 update

Also the moto connect app

You will need a lot more than that young padwan, you will need strength, Courage and mental stability to put up with its ability to **** up your day,

I use mine with Nexus 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Anyone know if the G Watch R is available from any bricks and mortar stores yet? Have a One 4 All voucher I want to use to get it but so far haven't seen it in any of the usual places

Some retailers surprise me with comments like that. Having used it for only a few days now I honestly love it. Its probably my inner nerd coming out :pac:

I mean the amount of people going about with fitbit bands and the like should tell them that it is worth stocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Currys seem to be stocking the original G Watch. I wonder if they are trying to see if it will sell before stocking the R but they should really stock the 360 as that would be a closer comparison

• Advertisement
Advertisement