Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be the best course of action to take?

• 26-06-2014 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

The last few months, though probably longer, I've noticed a house a few doors up from mine constantly has their two dogs in the front garden, which isn't too bad, but they bark and run at everyone and everything that passes, and they've been terrorizing my puppy every time I bring him on a walk. These dogs are constantly in their front garden, even in the middle of the night, I'm talking like 3am, I'll see them running around the street, I don't think the owners pay them any attention or let them in the house ever. I'm not the kind of person to get annoyed at this kind of thing easily, but it's gotten to the point where it's un-ignorable, and I fear that these dogs could potentially harm a kid or another dog. I've had a word with the owner over this, and they pretty much told me they're not going to do anything about it, the owners are "undesirables", to say the least. What would be the best course of action? I'd rather the dogs not be taken and put into a pound, where they would likely be euthanized, is there anything I could do which would ensure the safety of the dogs, and fix this problem? Does the DSPCA deal with cases like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You've already done the neighbourly thing by approaching them and they've told you to get lost so next step would be the dog warden. The Dublin one at least is a reasonable guy but he won't take any crap off them.

Advertisement