Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Fastway Couriers

Options
  • 25-06-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Same thing happened to me couple of days ago.

Order some items from an online store, to be delivered to my workplace by fastway.
    And, although i was in the same building, they didn't have the courtesy to call me to pick my parcel and sign for it.
    They just handled the parcel to someone at the reception, who brought it to me tampered, telling me it was open when he received it.
    When checking the package, it was 1 item missing. Now, who is responsible for that? Do I blame the guy at the reception (although no one else from our company have had any problems with open packages and items missing)? Do I blame the courier? How can I convince the online store that the item was missing and I am not trying to scam them?
    Anyway the issue remain. They shouldn't just handle the parcel to anyone, just because they are at the same address as the recipient, if not told to do so by the recipient. That's just bad way to do business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You don't have a contract with Fastway, the retailer from whom you purchased does. So I would get onto the retailer and tell them that you received your parcel damaged and with goods missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 hardanro

I contacted the retailer but they don't seem to want to take responsibility.
    So far they said that they talked to fastway, which claimed that the package was sealed and closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hardanro wrote: »
    I contacted the retailer but they don't seem to want to take responsibility.
    So far they said that they talked to fastway, which claimed that the package was sealed and closed.

Push back to the retailer. Ask them to get the signature from the delivery, this won't be yours so you could say that the item wasn't delivered to you therefore they didn't preform their part of the contract which was to deliver the purchase to you.

Advertisement