Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing my accounts

Options
  • 26-06-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sent a letter to close my two accounts and received a call to say I'd need to drop into my branch to close them with some id as my signature had changed since I opened the account. I had opened the account in 1994.

I no longer work near the bank that I opened the accounts in, so its a real pain for me to close them. Is there any other way to close them without having to go into the bank.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

bullvine wrote: »
    Hi,

I sent a letter to close my two accounts and received a call to say I'd need to drop into my branch to close them with some id as my signature had changed since I opened the account. I had opened the account in 1994.

I no longer work near the bank that I opened the accounts in, so its a real pain for me to close them. Is there any other way to close them without having to go into the bank.

Thanks,
    Hi bullvine, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you send a PM with your name, contact number and the branch where your account is held, we will check with the branch to see if there are other options for you. 

Thanks

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

bullvine wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi bullvine, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you send a PM with your name, contact number and the branch where your account is held, we will check with the branch to see if there are other options for you. 

Thanks

Billy 
    Pm Sent!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi bullvine 

Thanks for the PM, information received! We will have this checked for you.

Alison 

Advertisement