Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Push, Pull, Legs for Fat Loss

• 26-06-2014 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi. Are the exercises listed here also suitable for fat loss? I want to incorporate some weight training into a running schedule. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

All weight training is suitable for fat loss. I'd argue that it's the best possible thing for fat loss, cardio is for getting fit.

Get on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Everything is suitable for weight loss except eating above your maintenance calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Everything is suitable for weight loss except eating above your maintenance calories.

Weight loss sure, fat loss is different.

Weight loss sure, fat loss is different.

Diet dictates fat loss. Yes strength training will mean you'll lose less muscle but diet is still the STRONGLY leading factor in fat loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Diet dictates fat loss. Yes strength training will mean you'll lose less muscle but diet is still the STRONGLY leading factor in fat loss.

A good diet and strength work is optimal for fat loss. Diet alone or diet + cardio will probably result in some muscle loss too.

• Advertisement

A good diet and strength work is optimal for fat loss. Diet alone or diet + cardio will probably result in some muscle loss too.

I never said it wouldn't. Muscle loss is hard to avoid when dropping any decent amount of weight regardless. You can minimise it alright but I was just stating that the greatest factor in determining fat loss will be diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

I'm going for the diet and weight training approach at the moment. Hitting the gym for 40 mins three times a week, get in either a run or a long cycle also. Results over the last 6 weeks have been good, really noticed a change in my shape even though my weight is the same

Advertisement