Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know anything about The Chapelizod in Co. Dublin?

Options
  • 26-06-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm considering moving to an apartment in The Chapelizod in Dublin.

I've never heard of this place before, I'm just wondering would anyone have any information or even an opinion about this area?

It's in the west of the city right?

Is that a nice spot?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 a2dky

Yeah sorry, Chapelizod.

I see it's right next to Ballyfermot.

I'm just paranoid, I don't want to move in and two days later find a shower of travellers outside my apartment building.

That's happened before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to the neighbours and see do they frequently experience hordes of nomads outside their door. Somehow I doubt they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's a lovely spot, very settled

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Chapelizod is lovely, I'm a real city person but I could live there as it's quite close to town. I did live there a few years ago and I even walked home from work on Pearse Street, took less than an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I used to live there, and still would if I'd found a bigger place. Very handy to get to town. Proactive tidy town committee. I also got to know many neighbours. Not everything is perfect, but I would have settled there without a second thought if it had been possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

a2dky wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, Chapelizod.

I see it's right next to Ballyfermot.

I'm just paranoid, I don't want to move in and two days later find a shower of travellers outside my apartment building.

That's happened before.

It's also right next to The Phoenix Park on The Liffey has some good pubs and good bus service. 99% of Ballyfermot is grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

IMO Great area, really friendly people and a pub that somehow manages to retain a "country" village feel in the middle of Dublin. Lovely walks by the river not to mention the Phoenix Park on your doorstep. There is also the west county hotel there as well as the very near by anglers rest restaurant in the beautifull strawberry beds.also plenty of easy and frequent transport service to the city and out to the west.

Only downside I found and admitedly it wasn't a biggie was there was only the Spar & grocery store in walking distance as well as a pharmacy. However, Liffey Valley is just up the road and closer still is a lot of shops including Lidl aldi and Tescos in Ballyfermot.

The traffic can/is very heavy most of the weekdays ,but all in all a lovely little gem in the middle of a jungle :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Good public transport links - 26, 66, 66a, 66b, 67 mean a bus every 7-8 minutes.

Advertisement